Log in:  

Register

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Apr 2013 07:32

Not sure about Kreuziger in grand tours. He had a lot of pressure put on him before and he failed to get results. He always seems to have bad days over the three weeks which means he will struggle to podium. Maybe classics and the shorter stage races is the way to go unless he can pick up now as a more mature rider. Funnily he used to be a better TT rider too, he does not seem to have the strength in the TT that he used to but he looked very strong yesterday when he broke away to win. Sometimes a rider gets one or two great results and he can step it up to the next level.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,626
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

15 Apr 2013 09:32

Netserk wrote:I thought he would race Romandie. :o

EDIT: And according to the team's website, he does.

Image


It was Madiot in an interview yesterday that said he would do this program, said TdS and not Romandie, I dont think we can count to much on the sites Calendar at the moment, he also said AC called him shortly after the finish of AGR that he wanted to ride both FW and LBL.
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

15 Apr 2013 17:31

xrayvision wrote:It was Madiot in an interview yesterday that said he would do this program, said TdS and not Romandie, I dont think we can count to much on the sites Calendar at the moment, he also said AC called him shortly after the finish of AGR that he wanted to ride both FW and LBL.


I think so. Then he will take a holiday before starting his preparation for the Tour like Alberto Contador.
User avatar pdluz7
Junior Member
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 17 Sep 2012 14:26
Location: Brazil

01 May 2013 16:14

Zam_Olyas wrote:I am surprised that kokoso is not here to boast.

This performance boasts for itself, no need for me to do that.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

02 May 2013 01:30

After 2009 many pundits thought Evans should aim for Classics and one week stage races, then after 2010 the same and that he should forget the tour. Evans won his first tour at 34 and was really only a contender in 2006 at 29. Contador won his first GT at 27, Kreuziger is still only 26. There is plenty of time, and maybe a few GTs without the pressure of being the leader will do him some good.
karlboss
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,656
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 18:40

02 May 2013 08:32

Contador was 24 when he won TdF in 2007.
infeXio
Junior Member
 
Posts: 832
Joined: 26 Nov 2011 17:15
Location: Denmark

02 May 2013 13:29

infeXio wrote:Contador was 24 when he won TdF in 2007.

And what of it? I think everybody here knows Alberto and his results.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

02 May 2013 13:56

It was a reply to the previous post - I suggest you read that.
infeXio
Junior Member
 
Posts: 832
Joined: 26 Nov 2011 17:15
Location: Denmark

02 May 2013 14:39

infeXio wrote:It was a reply to the previous post - I suggest you read that.


I'm sorry. I've read that but did'nt notice for you haven't quoted as is usual here.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

09 Jun 2013 17:51

So after AGR another solid performance today. If he can put it together, podium isn't impossible, although yesterday's windy ITT where he was unlucky could do some harm. We'll see, but today he climbed well, pulled a lot, only Mollema was significantly better.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

09 Jun 2013 17:54

Kokoso wrote:So after AGR another solid performance today. If he can put it together, podium isn't impossible, although yesterday's windy ITT where he was unlucky could do some harm. We'll see, but today he climbed well, pulled a lot, only Mollema was significantly better.


Crans Montana suit him perfectly.Albula and Flumserberg will be his problems.
Sorry for my bad english.
all_in
Junior Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 May 2013 15:55

09 Jun 2013 17:56

Kokoso wrote:So after AGR another solid performance today. If he can put it together, podium isn't impossible, although yesterday's windy ITT where he was unlucky could do some harm. We'll see, but today he climbed well, pulled a lot, only Mollema was significantly better.


Its not,but Top5 would be still a good result.It depends how is he gonna ride at Albulapass and flat part of ITT methinks.
He should be a best help for Alberto at Tour:),maybe he can go up the road for his favour,or even win a stage if he is down in GC.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,992
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

09 Jun 2013 17:58

all_in wrote:Crans Montana suit him perfectly.Albula and Flumserberg will be his problems.


big bs,excelent passes for him.long and not too steep,ideal if he is in good form
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,992
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

09 Jun 2013 18:41

ILovecycling wrote:Its not,but Top5 would be still a good result.It depends how is he gonna ride at Albulapass and flat part of ITT methinks.
He should be a best help for Alberto at Tour:),maybe he can go up the road for his favour,or even win a stage if he is down in GC.


Yes top 5 would be still good, but as a fanboy I hope always for win :) Flat part of ITT is the problem, I agree. But purely statistically he should do some very good TT and this one could be the right one. It's long time since he showed something in ITT.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

09 Jun 2013 19:36

ILovecycling wrote:big bs,excelent passes for him.long and not too steep,ideal if he is in good form


Flumserberg is 10 km at 9%.This is pretty steep.
Sorry for my bad english.
all_in
Junior Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 May 2013 15:55

09 Jun 2013 21:05

all_in wrote:Flumserberg is 10 km at 9%.This is pretty steep.


http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=7868
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,992
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

09 Jun 2013 21:27



And if I remember well it was a late attack by Anton that won it. Again suitable for late attackers, cue Mollema's 2nd stage win :p
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,300
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

09 Jun 2013 21:31



7. DEVOLDER Stijn QST 12" 2

ah the good old days.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,999
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

10 Jun 2013 04:14

Good ride by him, but surprised Roche was not able to help, at all, hopefully they will all got stronger as race gets on.
boringboy
Junior Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 04 Jun 2013 04:46

10 Jun 2013 05:23

boringboy wrote:Good ride by him, but surprised Roche was not able to help, at all, hopefully they will all got stronger as race gets on.


He's still recovering form the fall, probably he'll get better towards the end. What is most important in fact.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,028
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: braider, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], IndianCyclist, Jakob747, jens_attacks, WheelofGear and 25 guests

Back to top