Log in:  

Register

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Jun 2013 07:35

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:And if I remember well it was a late attack by Anton that won it. Again suitable for late attackers, cue Mollema's 2nd stage win :p

Mollema will do a late attack in the time trial?
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

10 Jun 2013 09:21

Kokoso wrote:He's still recovering form the fall, probably he'll get better towards the end. What is most important in fact.


what fall?
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,768
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

10 Jun 2013 16:42

Cimber wrote:what fall?


No fall. Roman said that but than he corrected himself. But Nico was unhappy yesterday, someone threw rain cap into his wheal so he had to stop, than Tossato and morkov helped him to the peloton, than he went through. 52 second isn't that big loss considering this.

Today Roman brilliant, he made a race, rode agressive, climbed well, descended well and finally improved his GC position. First place was formality. Nobody can say that Kreuziger is boring rider after this and AGR ;)
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

10 Jun 2013 16:45

Kokoso wrote:No fall. Roman said that but than he corrected himself. But Nico was unhappy yesterday, someone threw rain cap into his wheal so he had to stop, than Tossato and morkov helped him to the peloton, than he went through. 52 second isn't that big loss considering this.

Today Roman brilliant, he made a race, rode agressive, climbed well, descended well and finally improved his GC position. First place was formality. Nobody can say that Kreuziger is boring rider after this and AGR ;)


plus best climber jersey? :)
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

10 Jun 2013 16:46

And the favorite to take the overall at this point. Well done.
User avatar SafeBet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,819
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

10 Jun 2013 16:51

SafeBet wrote:And the favorite to take the overall at this point. Well done.


I think that Costa is favorite,he won it last year and he is better TTer.Kreuziger should do something similiar(like today) on Albulapass,today great performace of course!
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,471
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

10 Jun 2013 16:53

ILovecycling wrote:I think that Costa is favorite,he won it last year and he is better TTer.Kreuziger should do something similiar(like today) on Albulapass,today great performace of course!


Costa hasn't looked super strong on either climbs though (yesterday and today). He will probably gets better as the race progresses, but Roman has a good chance to take the GC.
User avatar SafeBet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,819
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

10 Jun 2013 16:58

SafeBet wrote:Costa hasn't looked super strong on either climbs though (yesterday and today). He will probably gets better as the race progresses, but Roman has a good chance to take the GC.


Indeed, Costa isn't on the same shape he was last year because this year he is aiming more at the Tour while last year he was at his peak in Suisse.

I think Kreuziguer, even if he loses some time on the itt, is the main favourite.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,184
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

10 Jun 2013 17:49

ILovecycling wrote:I think that Costa is favorite,he won it last year and he is better TTer.Kreuziger should do something similiar(like today) on Albulapass,today great performace of course!

Costa lost time yesterday and today he hanged at the back on climb. And in prologue he made only 4 seconds on Kreuziger. ITT si half MTT in fact where Kreuziger is very strong too. And they both should get better towards the end. They both are peaking for TdF. Frank is in the game and I wouldn't completely count of Pinot, Martin. TJVG and Peraud marginally in case of brilliant ITT. Spilak if there's fog, rain and cold during last two days :)
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

10 Jun 2013 21:45

ILovecycling wrote:I think that Costa is favorite,he won it last year and he is better TTer.Kreuziger should do something similiar(like today) on Albulapass,today great performace of course!


he got one big mountain to go. If he can put time to costa, should help him in ITT. As I recall, Roman wasn't bad with ITT. Didn't he won hilly ITT in the Giro 2008 or something?
User avatar Jelantik
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,546
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 18:30

10 Jun 2013 21:54

Jelantik wrote:he got one big mountain to go. If he can put time to costa, should help him in ITT. As I recall, Roman wasn't bad with ITT. Didn't he won hilly ITT in the Giro 2008 or something?


Kreuziger won the TdS itt in 08 but since 2010 he has been going downhill on the time trials, particularly the longer ones.

Costa has been constantly beating him at those since 2011. But i think Kreuziger can easily put time into Costa on the La Punt stage.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,184
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

10 Jun 2013 22:12

Parrulo wrote:Kreuziger won the TdS itt in 08 but since 2010 he has been going downhill on the time trials, particularly the longer ones.

Costa has been constantly beating him at those since 2011. But i think Kreuziger can easily put time into Costa on the La Punt stage.

Yeah. Rui isn't a climber. Even last year in great shape he suffered on the big cols. Obviously there isn't Frank Schleck, Nieve or Gesink but there are good enough climbers to hurt him. Also, no Valverde to pace him this time around.
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,383
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

10 Jun 2013 22:16

Parrulo wrote:Kreuziger won the TdS itt in 08 but since 2010 he has been going downhill on the time trials, particularly the longer ones.

Costa has been constantly beating him at those since 2011. But i think Kreuziger can easily put time into Costa on the La Punt stage.

That's right, last ITT where Kreuziger beated Costa was TdS 2012 prologur. It should be toldd that they had very different goals last three years. Kreuziger rode very good TTs at Giro 2011 - both ITT and MTT. But that's quite some time.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

11 Jun 2013 01:09

So he went down on km 120. Than it's even better. Tough fighter.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

15 Jun 2013 09:13

I don't understand why is he pushing so big gears on the climb. Yesterday when there were like 30 people in the group on last climb, you wouldn't find one pushing bigger gear. It just doesn't seem right to me.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

15 Jun 2013 18:08

Kokoso wrote:I don't understand why is he pushing so big gears on the climb. Yesterday when there were like 30 people in the group on last climb, you wouldn't find one pushing bigger gear. It just doesn't seem right to me.


If you dont have lungs AKA VO2max to spin it, you have to depend on your muscles and pedal at slower RPM. Unfortunately this is not sustainable for extended period of time so thats the reason he got dropped ...
User avatar Jancouver
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,483
Joined: 14 Mar 2009 22:03
Location: San Diego, USA

15 Jun 2013 19:20

Jancouver wrote:If you dont have lungs AKA VO2max to spin it, you have to depend on your muscles and pedal at slower RPM. Unfortunately this is not sustainable for extended period of time so thats the reason he got dropped ...

Thank you.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

23 Jun 2013 19:11

Jancouver wrote:If you dont have lungs AKA VO2max to spin it, you have to depend on your muscles and pedal at slower RPM. Unfortunately this is not sustainable for extended period of time so thats the reason he got dropped ...


Like Big Mic...I wouldn't mind if that's the case ;)
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

24 Jun 2013 10:33

Jancouver wrote:If you dont have lungs AKA VO2max to spin it, you have to depend on your muscles and pedal at slower RPM. Unfortunately this is not sustainable for extended period of time so thats the reason he got dropped ...


Andy Schleck or Valverde of the current riders pedal at low RPMs aswell.
User avatar Liquigas
Junior Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 21 Jun 2010 12:13

05 Jul 2013 20:36

"Rolf Sørensen rode with the motor cycles yesterday during the TTT, and were following Omega and Saxo most of the way, he said Kreuziger was the biggest engine and took some huge leads where he matched Tony Martins top speed with 65 kmt on the long stretch."

After TTT. Great.
Kokoso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,050
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aapjes, Bing [Bot], blaxland, Carstenbf, concorde, Cookster15, Eagle, Eyeballs Out, fantomas, fowlyetti, Google Adsense [Bot], Metabolol, Miburo, Moose McKnuckles, mortand, MrDurden, No_Balls, One Eyed Aussie, postmanhat, sienna, skidmark, soloen, YannickQ and 115 guests

Back to top