Register

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

30 Jan 2011 22:06

bicing wrote:I just thought of another riders who is like this: Leipheimer.

O/T:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=5749
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=8663
Scientific Expert
User avatar taiwan

30 Jan 2011 22:29

bicing wrote:I just thought of another riders who is like this: Leipheimer.

O/T:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=5749
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=8663
Scientific Expert
User avatar taiwan

30 Jan 2011 22:29

bicing wrote:I also like what he said about learning to attach from Vino though. And I hope I finally get to see, for the first time in my life, Kreuziger attack a race. I mean seriously, he's completely dull excepfor his name.

You say this with a straight face with a picture of Cadel Evans in your avatar? How long did it take him to overcome his terror when it came to taking a risk and attack? Six, seven years?
User avatar Libertine Seguros

30 Jan 2011 22:41

If I remember correctly, Kreuziger was the first to go in the GC-group, not counting Rodriguez' attack well before Navarro broke down, in the stage to Morzine Avoriaz on 2KM to the finish.

Doesnt really look like wheelsucking to me.
User avatar Havetts

30 Jan 2011 22:44

Libertine Seguros wrote:You say this with a straight face with a picture of Cadel Evans in your avatar? How long did it take him to overcome his terror when it came to taking a risk and attack? Six, seven years?

User avatar mombus

31 Jan 2011 00:31

bicing wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to say he only focuses on GTs and doesn't get anywhere, I meant to say his main year goal is a GT and doesn't get anywhere. What I'm trying to say is, Kreuziger's the kind of guy who says in the old CyclingNews interview "yeah my main goal is to be a top contender for x GT" and acts all confident. And of course nothing of the sort happens, and he's not even close. I just thought of another riders who is like this: Leipheimer.

As has been said, Kreuziger is at best a top-5 GT rider. He hasn't lived up to his hype in the last 2 years. He hasn't developed enough.

I also like what he said about learning to attach from Vino though. And I hope I finally get to see, for the first time in my life, Kreuziger attack a race. I mean seriously, he's completely dull excepfor his name. ROMAN KREUZIGER. His name is cool.

Go to youtube and enter 2009 Tour de Romandie and the stage to I believe Sainte-Croix. Pretty strong attack by Kreuziger dropping Valverde and Evans and sealing the overall in the process.
User avatar La Pandera

31 Jan 2011 01:24

Libertine Seguros wrote:You say this with a straight face with a picture of Cadel Evans in your avatar? How long did it take him to overcome his terror when it came to taking a risk and attack? Six, seven years?

I thought having a picture of Cadel crying after losing 10 minutes on 1 stage, was an avatar that suggested he didnt like Evans.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

31 Jan 2011 11:00

profff wrote:how can you compare kreuziger with tom danielson? he has already started achieving results: 2 top ten in tour de france, more than that he has won tour de suisse and tour de romandie, he has been on the podium in paris nice, tds, tour de romandie, san sebastian. he was a factor in 2010 nibali's win in vuelta. he has made interesting actions in amstel a couple of times.
i cannot remember anything similar from tom danielson.

kreuziger has already shown that he has a great potential. then, he has still to show that he has the capacity to do the next step, become one of the best rider of the peloton , able to race to win the tour and hilly classics.
it is not an easy task for roman, but imho he has the mental strength. he is a very serious guy and he likes to train hard.
i think that going away from liquigas was a good move, he will have more freedom. this year giro looks a little too hard for his skills, but for the first time he is the only leader of his team in a gt.
that will help him growing and we will have some answers.

Point taken. I was generalising. Kreuziger has better results but has not lived up to his early promise. Danielson also had a lot of illness problems so the comparison is probably not a good one. I would like to see Kreuziger progress along with some of the other young riders. Otherwise it will be Contador Vs Schleck for the next few years.
movingtarget

31 Jan 2011 11:18

The Hitch wrote:I thought having a picture of Cadel crying after losing 10 minutes on 1 stage, was an avatar that suggested he didnt like Evans.

Hitch, we have a winner. :)

Thanks La Pandera for the example, I'll check it out.

And Libertine, I was pretty ****ed about Cadel's ****weak racing strategy until he grew out of it in 2010. So I'm with you on that.
User avatar bicing

31 Jan 2011 12:00

I've always loved Kreuziger's style and ability. I think the reason for his "static" mode the last couple of seasons was purely due to team orders with support for Nibs and Basso. You can understand why he left Liqui, for sure tha guy wants to win something again, and now he's set free and has the support to do so..
About time too IMO, looking forward to seeing him fly.
User avatar Finbouy

02 Jan 2013 15:04

Without the pressure of being the GC captain of the team... we will see his revival?
User avatar Forunculo

02 Jan 2013 15:15

Forunculo wrote:Image

Without the pressure of being the GC captain of the team... we will see his revival?

meh........
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

02 Jan 2013 15:51

Hopefully he will be helpful for Alberto in Tour mountain stages...and shine earlier in the Ardennes and Paris - Nice;)
If he will be in peak form in July he can drill it nice for Alberto before comes to Bertos fireworks:D:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

02 Jan 2013 16:00

I still think he's a talented climber. Certainly not as good as Contador, but perhaps on par with Gesink, JVDB2, etc
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

02 Jan 2013 16:33

gustienordic wrote:I still think he's a talented climber. Certainly not as good as Contador, but perhaps on par with Gesink, JVDB2, etc

+1

10 char.
User avatar Miburo

02 Jan 2013 17:29

gustienordic wrote:I still think he's a talented climber. Certainly not as good as Contador, but perhaps on par with Gesink, JVDB2, etc

well i don't think he has as much potential as gesink but he should be on par with VDB2.
User avatar Parrulo

02 Jan 2013 20:49

I hope to see more of him in the hilly classics/ races. He was up there with Sagan, Rodriguez and Nibali on the sharp, short finishes of Tirreno and he rode a very good LBL a couple of years ago.
User avatar trevim

02 Jan 2013 21:13

Yeah, if he sets Tour as his main aim its going to be carnage, and potentially best domestique performance at the tour in years ( im counting froome as a leader who was forced to work for the domestique, certainly from a mountains point of view).

People will probably underrate Kreuziger a bit now since he failed so bad at the Giro last year.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

02 Jan 2013 23:28

His name has been mentioned at the beginning of the last few seasons as a possible GT winner. The fact that he and Roche have decided now to ride as support riders instead of team leaders says it all. Maybe Kreuziger is just being honest about his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he is as good as VDB or Gesink but a few years ago I would not have picked Rodriguez to make two podiums in one season either or Wiggins winning the Tour. I think he will make a very good domestique and could probably target stages in GTs plus some of the classics. There is a lot of pressure on team leaders and Kreuziger and Roche might get some stage results now, with the pressure off.
movingtarget

03 Jan 2013 02:33

In Vuelta and Giro Roche can be top 10 and Kreuziger top 5.

Seeing you are stagnating it's legit to try a different way. Even they can be better paid as super doms than as leaders. I never understand the rider who are stagnated and didn't change the plan.

Roche stated he wants to work with Bjarne to improve his skills, above all, the time trial to boost his chances at GC.

Kreuziger had the same approach. Also I guess he has special interest in how Alberto being the hot favourite face the competition mentally. Being the mental side one of his weakness.

At the same time being a succesful super dom is prestigious in cycling, more than anonymous top 10.
User avatar Forunculo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing