Log in:  

Register

Eurotour/Pcciclismo

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Eurotour/Pcciclismo

25 Mar 2011 11:00

just wondering if anyone out here knows about this game? it is an old game but still held up well by a group of true cycling enthusiasts like myself :)

I will prove the links to play this game if you are interested

http://www.pcciclismo.net/web/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1
first download here the original pcciclismo game and install it

http://www.multiupload.com/J6ZTBG08LX
install file 2011 install this one(new one!!! 18-4-2011!)


it's absolute addictive game although old and not good looking by todays standards, it is extremely realistic and real time!!

to give you an idea. I had this final result in paris nice
General Result
Pos Rider Country Team Time
1 M.Rogers Australia Sky Professional Cycling Team 30H 56m 23s
2 A.Vinokourov Kazakistan Astana +19s
3 N.Roche Irlanda Ag2r - La Mondiale +49s
4 X.Tondo Volpini Spagna Movistar +1m 4s
5 R.Porte Australia Saxobank - Sungard +1m 22s
6 R.Hesjedal Canada Garmin - Cervelo +1m 31s
7 J.Van den Broeck Belgio Omega Pharma - Lotto +1m 39s
8 F.Schleck Lussemburgo Leopard - Trek +1m 42s
9 L.Sanchez Gil Spagna Rabobank +1m 46s
10 V.Gusev Russia Katyusha +1m 46s
11 G.Bole Slovenia Lampre - ISD +1m 46s
12 M.De Maar Olanda Quick Step - Innergetic +1m 47s
13 J.Voigt Germania Leopard - Trek +1m 51s
14 C.Le Mevel Francia Garmin - Cervelo +1m 55s
15 B.Mollema Olanda Rabobank +1m 55s
16 P.Fedrigo Francia Française des Jeux +1m 55s
17 R.Kreuziger Rep. Ceca Astana +1m 56s
18 J.Bakelants Belgio Omega Pharma - Lotto +1m 56s
19 J.Brajkovic Slovenia Radioshack +1m 57s
20 H.Haussler Australia Garmin - Cervelo +2m 15s

and this one in volta portugal
1 D.Blanco Spagna Geox - TMC 37H 45m 17s
2 T.Machado Portogallo Radioshack +1m 10s
3 H.Zubeldia Spagna Radioshack +1m 43s
4 S.Spilak Slovenia Lampre - ISD +1m 45s
5 A.Kashechkin Kazakistan Lampre - ISD +2m 2s
6 P.Sinkewitz Germania Farnese Vini - Neri Sottoli +2m 17s
7 H.Broco Portogallo LA - Antarte +5m 6s
8 S.Sousa Ferreira Portogallo Barbot - Efapel +9m 14s
9 D.Bernabeu Spagna Andalucia - Cajasur +9m 48s
10 S.Perez Fernandez Spagna Barbot - Efapel +10m 10s
11 E.Salgueiro Spagna C.C. Loulé - Louletano +12m 21s
12 N.Vitorino Portogallo Tavira +14m 6s
13 A.Cardoso Martins Portogallo Tavira +14m 27s
14 J.Cabreira Portogallo Onda - Boavista +14m 43s
15 D.Muravyev Kazakistan Radioshack +14m 48s
16 R.Vilela Portogallo Onda - Boavista +15m 44s
17 I.Rovnyi Russia Radioshack +15m 50s
18 G.Verheyen Belgio Landbouwkrediet +16m 15s
19 V.Kondrut Ucraina Lampre - ISD +18m 23s
20 J.Pimenta Costa Mendes Portogallo CCC - Polsat - Polkowice +18m 32s

sites for information:

http://www.pcciclismo.net in italian
http://www.eurotour-live.nl/ in dutch

the game features over 8000 cyclists from almost every country there is in the world and over 500 teams! races from colombia to taiwan, from peru to iran, from sweden to south africa, all is here

hopefully some will be willing to try it out :D
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Mar 2011 11:08

Could I perhaps post it in the cycling forum? I also saw a pcm topic there.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Mar 2011 11:14

Holy crap, it's the old Eurotour Cycling game! I bought it back in 2001, I think. Do these patches still use the original game? Can I re-install it from the original CD and install these patches? I'm pretty frustrated by PCM's bizarro universe time.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

25 Mar 2011 11:16

hrotha wrote:Holy crap, it's the old Eurotour Cycling game! I bought it back in 2001, I think. Do these patches still use the original game? Can I re-install it from the original CD and install these patches? I'm pretty frustrated by PCM's bizarro universe time.


yes you can :D

oh man you own the original. this must be fantastic because man you are in for a treat. the game has improved MASSIVELY over time :D
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Mar 2011 11:30

Awesome. I played a couple of unofficial updates after the original, until 2004 or 2005, but I imagine it's come a long way since then. :D
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

25 Mar 2011 14:49

hrotha wrote:Awesome. I played a couple of unofficial updates after the original, until 2004 or 2005, but I imagine it's come a long way since then. :D


Does it work with MAC?
something less offensive
User avatar Glenn_Wilson
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,205
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

25 Mar 2011 15:47

honestly I don't know but I think it does. I never heard anyone with a mac complaining it didn't work, also works with windows 7.

any questions, pls ask
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Mar 2011 21:21

Even in the fantasy world nobody can beat David Blanco in Portugal :(
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,660
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

29 Mar 2011 02:58

I will try this.
Can't be worse then pcm :p
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,441
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

29 Mar 2011 10:39

I finally got around to installing the game from the original CD and downloading all these files. When I run PcCiclismo 2011.exe it asks me which folder I want to install it in, giving me \PcCiclismo 2011 as the default option. Should I install it on top of the original EuroTour folder, in a PcCiclismo 2011 subfolder, or what?
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

29 Mar 2011 12:36

I assume member ship is required for download? My Italian (?) is not great :p
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,441
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

29 Mar 2011 14:45

Okay, after some trial and error it seems it works (apparently I had to use the ciclismo.exe file. Who knew). For some reason it's in a tiny window, though, no full screen. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't access the riders' info pop-up screen from the Menu Manager screen - you have no idea how much this bug bothered me when I bought the game ten years ago. :p
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

05 Apr 2011 01:58

Topping this to say this game is awesome. As a manager, PCM is much better, but as a race simulator Eurotour wins easily.

One problem though: apparently I can't change the training programs. That wouldn't be too much of a problem by itself if it weren't for the fact that riders who have had a drop in form automatically switch to a complete rest program, which means they're not training at all and they're losing fitness and stats. Am I doing anything wrong?
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

10 Apr 2011 03:33

Downloading the files now, but the link to the Giro 2010 fix doesn't work?
thrawn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,355
Joined: 02 May 2010 12:34

12 Apr 2011 10:08

hrotha wrote:I finally got around to installing the game from the original CD and downloading all these files. When I run PcCiclismo 2011.exe it asks me which folder I want to install it in, giving me \PcCiclismo 2011 as the default option. Should I install it on top of the original EuroTour folder, in a PcCiclismo 2011 subfolder, or what?


best is to install all in one folder.

personally I have all installed in pcciclismo 2011 folder
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

12 Apr 2011 10:11

thrawn wrote:Downloading the files now, but the link to the Giro 2010 fix doesn't work?


yes seems to not be there anymore. do notworrie in a few days I will post all fixes in one install file.

so then all you need is the original euritour that you now have all installed and that install.exe

I'm just waiting on a few more things to test. I will start using different ia's per race which makes it more exciting. for instance increidble high speeds at beginning of stage to form attacks and then slower speed of peloton before exploding again in final part :)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

12 Apr 2011 10:12

hrotha wrote:Okay, after some trial and error it seems it works (apparently I had to use the ciclismo.exe file. Who knew). For some reason it's in a tiny window, though, no full screen. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't access the riders' info pop-up screen from the Menu Manager screen - you have no idea how much this bug bothered me when I bought the game ten years ago. :p


you can. just double click on a team or a rider and not on the i(info) to get his stats and info.

yes you need to use ciclismo.exe I should have mentioned :)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

12 Apr 2011 10:13

hrotha wrote:Topping this to say this game is awesome. As a manager, PCM is much better, but as a race simulator Eurotour wins easily.

One problem though: apparently I can't change the training programs. That wouldn't be too much of a problem by itself if it weren't for the fact that riders who have had a drop in form automatically switch to a complete rest program, which means they're not training at all and they're losing fitness and stats. Am I doing anything wrong?


you have to change them on mondays. :)

and to timmy. yes you need to register for downloading on that forum but on the forum you can also read without registration. and you can download via links there in the forum. also for you is perhaps better to check dutch eurotour forum:

http://forum.procyclingmanager.com/forum/107-eurotour/
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

12 Apr 2011 17:08

Ryo Hazuki wrote:you have to change them on mondays. :)

and to timmy. yes you need to register for downloading on that forum but on the forum you can also read without registration. and you can download via links there in the forum. also for you is perhaps better to check dutch eurotour forum:

http://forum.procyclingmanager.com/forum/107-eurotour/

Too late, I already figured it out after checking the forum but I wasn't in time to save Leukemans' spring classics season! (improbably enough, Devolder carried the torch)

Thanks for the replies.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,960
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

19 Apr 2011 20:12

I have uploaded latest patch!! check beginpost

I also made race specific ia's. for this you need to go into /scripts folder and change whatever ia you want to use into ia+ it adds much more realism but if you find it too much hassle I have put a standard ia+ that will work well with any race as well.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,084
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

Next

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shalgo and 0 guests

Back to top