Register

Race Radio, anti-RR, Polish and Twitter Campaigns

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

04 Apr 2011 04:25

Nick777 wrote:I am in the RR camp too. Seriously...if ever a group wanted to show themselves up as being a petty, insecure, spineless bunch of bullies, the people behind this 'anti race radio' campaign have taken the cake. In fact, they take it to a new level. A psychologist would have a field day diagnosing the conditions they have.

I hope someone from Livestrong is reading this.
My father and uncle both died of cancer in the past few years. To represent the cancer community the way you currently are is disgraceful.

If it weren't so mean spirited, it would be comical.

Welcome to the latest chapter in the Livestrong 'dirty tricks' campaign.

1. Validated his concerns by attempting to mock him
2. No high road response to his questions underscores the absence of any answer
3. Further expose the pattern on how mean spirited and without any sort of self-awareness they are

It is at complete odds with any premise of building 'community', and can only be expected to provide a galvanizing point for criticism.

I am actually hopeful that there is some level-headed person involved somewhere that will calmly advise them to cease and decist and to be responsive instead of hyper-reactive.

Either that, or we should expect some high level defections. Soon.

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 04:30

MD,FACG,FACP wrote:I read what was going on with RR and twitter on this thread. I went to Twitter and posted something pro RR without mentioning RR. That was yesterday, today I have two mystery followers. I read some of their pro LA tweets, strange people these LA supporters a very pro doping crowd. Cheating advocates nice people.

Yes, and suspiciously (frighteningly?) similar to Bonds and Anderson's moonies. I tweeted to RR and picked up a "follower" as well.
AnythingButKestrel

04 Apr 2011 04:42

Isn't @livestronghq a mock account?

The profile links to RR's questions, and their location is "TAXUS"
Ferminal
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 04:45

i wonder if the mainstream press will pick up on this cyber bullying situation?

or is it a bit too complicated for the average person to understand
barn yard

04 Apr 2011 04:47

Ferminal wrote:Isn't @livestronghq a mock account?

The profile links to RR's questions, and their location is "TAXUS"

I wondered, but the tweets and the info tab don't seem to jive. Either it's a mock account or somebody's administrative assistant has a sense of humor (and justice).

===========================================
Livestrong Helmets Cheap! Get them before even Bell gives up on LiveWrong.wtf?
AnythingButKestrel

04 Apr 2011 08:07

TexPat wrote:Should I point out that while reading the twaddle sent forth by the minions, I came across the Twitter Livestrong page on which the profile clearly, states, "Lie STRONG".
I kid you not.
Should we tell them?

It's actually the Livestrong HQ page.
Gawd, this keeps getting richer.

Great spot Mike and it's been corrected and proves how deep they are in here.

If anything it proves to me these people are deceivers that they are in here using their time to disrupt honest questions about what it is they claim to be doing with donations rather than out there banging on about a disease we all know about. Clinic wins Wonderboy loses. :D
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 12:48

“The common threads between Michelob ULTRA, Lance and LIVESTRONG.COM match up perfectly and allow us to authentically reach an audience that understands and appreciates the importance of leading a balanced social, active lifestyle,” said Ryan Moore, director, Michelob ULTRA. “The ULTRA life is all about getting out and having fun, and the ‘Make My Life ULTRA’ series is a subtle reminder to viewers that improving your life means both taking action and enjoying yourself.”

http://www.bradenton.com/2011/04/04/3085101/michelob-ultra-livestrongcom-unveil.html#
User avatar thehog
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 13:05

thehog wrote:“The common threads between Michelob ULTRA, Lance and LIVESTRONG.COM match up perfectly and allow us to authentically reach an audience that understands and appreciates the importance of leading a balanced social, active lifestyle,” said Ryan Moore, director, Michelob ULTRA. “The ULTRA life is all about getting out and having fun, and the ‘Make My Life ULTRA’ series is a subtle reminder to viewers that improving your life means both taking action and enjoying yourself.”

http://www.bradenton.com/2011/04/04/3085101/michelob-ultra-livestrongcom-unveil.html#

Hmmmm - I've seen tenuous links before but this........

Interesting what you've put in capitals - the livestrong.com part. Very interesting. So they match up perfectly. I.e. that all exist for profit. There we go people.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger

04 Apr 2011 13:07

Humorous indeed, LA's monkeys mocked cyclists and threatened to sue people that participated in the defense of RR. Amazingly stupid people. LA won't sue Floyd, won't sue Sports Illustrated but will threaten to sue random people on Twitter. He's worth 125 million plus and that's what he comes up with.

:D
MD,FACG,FACP

04 Apr 2011 13:17

MD,FACG,FACP wrote:Humorous indeed, LA's monkeys mocked cyclists and threatened to sue people that participated in the defense of RR. Amazingly stupid people. LA won't sue Floyd, won't sue Sports Illustrated but will threaten to sue random people on Twitter. He's worth 125 million plus and that's what he comes up with.

:D

I still say that the lack of a lawsuit from Armstrong speaks volumes here.
jimmypop

04 Apr 2011 13:35

If I become a regular tweater in the anti-armstrong Race Radio faction(kinda like a Maoist rebel in Nepal, or Shining Path) does my sponsor send me a tweeting tool. I would like mine made in carbon(please no Chinese products, as I am allergic to clenbuteral and melemine. I would prefer my tweet tool to be made of high quality columbus steel custom cut out lugs painted white and red a la Richard Sachs.
Also race radio I never remove my gauntlets, so the buttons need to be widely spaced. Please make the letter/numbers large as I am old and nearsighted.
flicker

04 Apr 2011 13:43

flicker wrote:.

<snip>

I am old and nearsighted.

too much playing with yer old tool
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Detached from reality

04 Apr 2011 13:55

Race Radio and his various iterations has been ripping on Pharmstrong all over the internet for coming up on a decade at least. NOW these idiots are coming after him?

I was a fairly early convert to the arguments of RR and went on a posting rampage and started turning up with viruses after my Pharmstrong exposure rants on twitter.

Evan Williams?? former or current CEO of twitter???? gave a heads up to Dylan Casey who then blocked my twitter. I know this because DC tweeted "thanks EV for the heads up" or something to that effect.

Anyway, for those who are new or don't know, Race Radio has been an unrelenting source for the truth in exposing Pharmstrong's fraud at least since LeMond's pronouncements regarding Ferrari. He's been a huge factor in all of this dirt coming to light.

The fact that they're coming after him now after he helped let the cat out of the bag 10 years ago is laughable.

Signed another RR, also friend of Dirk.
popolo

Re the tool

04 Apr 2011 14:00

flicker wrote:If I become a regular tweater in the anti-armstrong Race Radio faction(kinda like a Maoist rebel in Nepal, or Shining Path) does my sponsor send me a tweeting tool. I would like mine made in carbon(please no Chinese products, as I am allergic to clenbuteral and melemine. I would prefer my tweet tool to be made of high quality columbus steel custom cut out lugs painted white and red a la Richard Sachs.
Also race radio I never remove my gauntlets, so the buttons need to be widely spaced. Please make the letter/numbers large as I am old and nearsighted.

Remember Ty's advice in Caddyshack about 'being the ball?'
popolo

04 Apr 2011 14:57

thehog wrote:“The common threads between Michelob ULTRA, Lance and LIVESTRONG.COM match up perfectly and allow us to authentically reach an audience that understands and appreciates the importance of leading a balanced social, active lifestyle,” said Ryan Moore, director, Michelob ULTRA. “The ULTRA life is all about getting out and having fun, and the ‘Make My Life ULTRA’ series is a subtle reminder to viewers that improving your life means both taking action and enjoying yourself.”

My kidneys brew Michelob Ultra all the time. Matter of fact, I'm going to open the tap and let some out in the ol' toilet. Maybe I'll drop off a Livestrong groupie at the pool too.
User avatar Moose McKnuckles
Veteran

Draw your brakes, man.

04 Apr 2011 15:07

jimmypop wrote:I still say that the lack of a lawsuit from Armstrong speaks volumes here.

The statute of limitations is a couple years, usually. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the absence of a lawsuit.

The salvation of the armchair-defamers in this instance is more likely the difficulty of proving any damages resulting from lies posted on this forum. I doubt anybody takes things posted here very seriously.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 15:42

MarkvW wrote:The statute of limitations is a couple years, usually. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the absence of a lawsuit.

The salvation of the armchair-defamers in this instance is more likely the difficulty of proving any damages resulting from lies posted on this forum. I doubt anybody takes things posted here very seriously.

Wait until someone that disagrees with you hacks your account and provides you with nice virus. While there may be some exagerations and outright lies posted on the forums; RR isn't the source. He knows what he's talking about and LA's people take that info very seriously. Some of us have had multiple "reach outs" from people claiming to be sympathetic to the cause and they weren't Federal agents.
Oldman

04 Apr 2011 15:44

To be fair the only person mentioning libel is this Jamie Lindsey guy, who basically spends his entire day smearing me on Twitter. Something I asked must have really struck a nerve, only made worse by more rational questions from Digger. Poor old guy is going to lose it.

While this is entertaining it has been two weeks and still no answers from Livestrong. Armstrong has largely given up on doping. There is little value in pretending that he rode clean, it only makes him look silly.

The new talking point is "Done a lot of good"....yup, that is it. That is what Fabiani is paid $30,000 a month for. The challenge is that what if he has not "Done a lot of good?" What if this myth is as big as the myth that he rode clean? People seem to not care much about doping, but using charity funds for lap dances and jet fuel would make them crazy.

If you are a journalist, SI, 60 Minutes, WSJ, and you write about doping it is no big deal......but if you touch the charity it is game on. They know that if they lose that cash cow it is all over.

Ask questions and the response is threats, intimidation, and harassment. We have seen this before with the doping stuff, same play book......and likely same ending.
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

04 Apr 2011 15:46

MarkvW wrote:The statute of limitations is a couple years, usually. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the absence of a lawsuit.

So the most litigious cyclist, with a team of attorneys at bay, chooses to not pursue a libel case against a major publisher? Highly unlikely. Armstrong's mealy-mouthed response to the SI reporting says it all, really.
jimmypop

04 Apr 2011 15:47

Race Radio wrote:To be fair the only person mentioning libel is this Jamie Lindsey guy, who basically spends his entire day smearing me on Twitter. Something I asked must have really struck a nerve, only made worse by more rational questions from Digger. Poor old guy is going to lose it.

While this is entertaining it has been two weeks and still no answers from Livestrong. Armstrong has largely given up on doping. There is little value in pretending that he rode clean, it only makes him look silly.

The new talking point is "Done a lot of good"....yup, that is it. That is what Fabiani is paid $30,000 a month for. The challenge is that what if he has not "Done a lot of good?" What if this myth is as big as the myth that he rode clean? People seem to not care much about doping, but using charity funds for lap dances and jet fuel would make them crazy.

If you are a journalist, SI, 60 Minutes, WSJ, and you write about doping it is no big deal......but if you touch the charity it is game on. They know that if they lose that cash cow it is all over. Ask questions and the response is threats, intimidation, and harassment. We have seen this before with the doping stuff, same play book......and likely same ending.

And as has been noted the IRS may be working on the charity angle as we speak or have a big enough file to cause damage.
Oldman

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic