Register

Contador's head

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Contador's head

12 May 2011 23:34

Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face. It seems to have changed (got longer more horse-like) over the years.

What the hell has happened to his eyes/brow?

HGH?
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

12 May 2011 23:41

Just looks a few years older with a goofy grin.
Vino love the rain. Vino love the cold. Vino love the hot. Vino not feel the difference.
User avatar happychappy

12 May 2011 23:50

Well, I work with photography and can tell you that some lenses can cause odd effects due to their own inerent distortions. This holds true to this kind of close quarters face pictures, where the papparazi generally deploy ultra wide angles lenses. Just my 2 cents.
Smera1

12 May 2011 23:59

If someone could find some better head shots...

I know he's aged (5 years) but his eyes seem to be vanishing back into his skull. (Brow moving forward) and his chin seems to have grown quite a bit.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal

13 May 2011 00:04

The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.
User avatar hrotha

13 May 2011 00:07

hrotha wrote:The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.

This is the clinic, and this thread could easily go 1,000 posts. Even more if it were about the shape of Armstrong's head.

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued

13 May 2011 00:30

Alberto's head has grown a lot.
Almost 2 stories high.
Those 3rd story fans could probably jump and land safely on his noggin.
Yikes
Godzilla Bang Bang.
User avatar Polish

13 May 2011 00:54

Polish wrote:Alberto's head has grown a lot.
Almost 2 stories high.
Those 3rd story fans could probably jump and land safely on his noggin.
Yikes
Godzilla Bang Bang.

Do you think his heart is the size of a pumpkin as well?

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued

13 May 2011 01:05

Mrs John Murphy wrote:Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face. It seems to have changed (got longer more horse-like) over the years.

What the hell has happened to his eyes/brow?

HGH?

I am really surprised you have not been called a troll yet........ Contradope is a real fraud he tries to defraud feelings over his brain aneurysm to garner some sympathy for his actual doping. It is an obvious ruse he has learned from the LA camp.
User avatar Glenn_Wilson

13 May 2011 01:18

Glenn_Wilson wrote:I am really surprised you have not been called a troll yet........ Contradope is a real fraud he tries to defraud feelings over his brain aneurysm to garner some sympathy for his actual doping. It is an obvious ruse he has learned from the LA camp.

how dare you question poor alberto? don't you know lance was mean to him? :eek:
User avatar patricknd

13 May 2011 01:27

patricknd wrote:how dare you question poor alberto? don't you know lance was mean to him? :eek:

Sure he was mean to him. Hell even I do not like that bang bang pencil **** Gehy looking a$$clown. He takes advantage of poor cycling fans sympathetic feelings about his aneurism. What type of person would play on that? He learned well from his former "teammate".
User avatar Glenn_Wilson

13 May 2011 01:29

hrotha wrote:The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.
You are being very generous to the OP. The news is never so slow in the Clinic to warrant this kind of dross.
¨Inspiration is a fine ally, but a fatal master¨
rata de sentina

13 May 2011 01:34

No one ever criticized Vaughters when he came out with his voxpop on hgh, talking about "peoples heads growing" and making him shy from it, and reticent about his charges pursuing that.

Contadors head is growing, his teeth are compacting and skewing, and his brow ridge is growing. Eyebrows are going off the chart too.
User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 01:39

His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.
[color="SlateGray"]Stand on my dog and I'll cut your head off[/color]

'Only once did clenbuterol show up in 83,203 animal samples tested by EU countries in 2008 and 2009, says the European Commission's directorate for health and consumer policy. Spain tested 19,431 samples in those years; none was positive for the drug.'
User avatar scribe

13 May 2011 01:40

Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.
User avatar Glenn_Wilson

13 May 2011 01:40

I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?
Justcycling

13 May 2011 02:27

Glenn_Wilson wrote:Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.

Hahaha, what? Me, a Contador fanboy? Dream on.
Mrs John Murphy wrote:I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?

I'm pretty sure Contador uses HGH. I think he's a doper, and HGH is apparently one of the cornerstones of modern doping, so unless he's also allergic to it or something weird like that he probably uses it. I also think bone structure and growth could theoretically be studied in a scientific manner, allowing us to conclude if there's any abnormalities. But it's simply not something we have the tools to do in a forum, just by looking at pictures and footage. We have no way to know how much of that change is simply a product of ageing (Evans, for example, already had a massive jaw as a kid). That's what I mean when I say there's not much to discuss. It's a scientific issue. True, other scientific issues (like those related to blood values) are discussed here, but we have more data to go by. This, however, is mostly baseless speculation.
User avatar hrotha

13 May 2011 02:29

scribe wrote:His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.

I have to disagree, the fact that he is winning almost every GT he enters, and riding known dopers off his wheel is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) that he is doping. And I don't understand this whole "doped to the gills" crap. Do we really believe that any of the top guys are not availing themselves of the best programs that they can afford?
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss

13 May 2011 02:34

Mrs John Murphy wrote:Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face.

Very contrasting lighting in those shots, to me it just looks like he's got older and his face is leaner. Your body fat percentage can also change your looks dramatically, a rider is going to look different in March to the end of July. A change from 10% to 5% is going to make anyones bones stick out.
User avatar M Sport

You can't compare those photos

13 May 2011 02:49

Look who's next to him in some of those photos.

He was to worried about getting a ride back to the hotel in that podium photo. He could see LA and Brunyeel driving away from his view on the the podium.

In the Astana shot I think he was wondering why his bike was having 105 installed.

Now he's happy, happy with Riis.
tofino

Next

Return to The Clinic