Register

Contador's head

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

13 May 2011 12:14

goggalor wrote:Image
Guess who.

I actually know someone who has the same kind of vene system, very superficial veins that bulge out (he's not a pro athlete though, so it's not that extreme)
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

13 May 2011 12:57

Is there a PED that makes your veins pop out like Hoogie's? I don't know if it's indicative of doping or not, but it doesn't look "natural".

How about this?
Stolen from http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com/2011/05/knocking-me-out-with-those-serbian.html.
"After studying my own case, I know the possibility of eating meat contaminated with Clenbuterol is very small but it is possible because farmers always want to boost animal growth." ~Alessandro Colò
User avatar goggalor

Other samples from THASP

13 May 2011 13:45

There's something scarey about Mary

Andy Murray

Rafael Nadal - Before/After ?

The lips are pulled tight (until the skin stretches after prolonged use), the chin protrudes, the cheeks and brow protrude causing the eyes seemingly to fall back into their sockets.

As far as Contador, the visual evidence is less obvious.
Andynonomous

13 May 2011 17:26

michielveedeebee wrote:i actually know someone who has the same kind of vene system, very superficial veins that bulge out (he's not a pro athlete though, so it's not that extreme)

+1[color="white"]..... ......[/color]
User avatar Magnus

13 May 2011 17:43

If you think you need dope to have veins showing on your legs, you need to ride more and stare at pictures on the internet less. Even more so if you think Cameron Diaz' physique is a sign of doping...
function

No difference here.

13 May 2011 17:58

Yep. I don't see a difference, since Cameron started working out with her boyfriend (admitted steroid user Alex Rodriguez).

Before :

After :

Nothing to see here folks, just move along. Just crazy conspiracy theorists here.
Andynonomous

13 May 2011 18:49

JPM London wrote:Did you notice how his clothes have changed over the years as well? In all the pictures actually! Wow, we need to look deeper at this... :)

Yeah, but mostly how his head has changed after 2007 when he started working with Marti.

I just hope that he doesn't suffer from the same side-effects that Barry Bonds had from his roid use.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

13 May 2011 18:56

Mrs John Murphy wrote:Yeah, but mostly how his head has changed after 2007 when he started working with Marti.

I just hope that he doesn't suffer from the same side-effects that Barry Bonds had from his roid use.

I think the odd facial characteristics run in the family.
Check out this guy:

http://www.albertocontadornotebook.info/i/ckTDF10presfran.jpg

I find the idea discussed in this thread intriguing though. I mean, I always thought there was something wrong with AC's head. Maybe he's been on HGH for quite some time already, i.e. as soon as people started recognizing he had talent but was too small to reach the top, a la Messi.
sniper

13 May 2011 19:00

function wrote:If you think you need dope to have veins showing on your legs, you need to ride more and stare at pictures on the internet less. Even more so if you think Cameron Diaz' physique is a sign of doping...

You know, you can ride 6 hours a day if you want and still have lots of time left for staring at pictures on the Internet.
"After studying my own case, I know the possibility of eating meat contaminated with Clenbuterol is very small but it is possible because farmers always want to boost animal growth." ~Alessandro Colò
User avatar goggalor

13 May 2011 19:04

Alberto Contador walks into a bar.
Bartender says: "So why the long face?"...
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." ~ Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity[/SIZE][/color]
User avatar Polyarmour

13 May 2011 20:05

goggalor wrote:Image
Guess who.

Jens Mouris?
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

13 May 2011 20:25

no, it is Hoogerland Image
User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 20:36

I would actually wish to rebut the "unscientific" claim. Doctors conduct visual examinations for symptoms. There is facial recognition software in security. There is no doubt Bonds head has enlarged, not only from larger intra facial white tissue and muscle.

There is only so much lighting can distort an underlying bone structure, and be a visual illusion, even when a rider has ridden half a dozen 20 thousand mile pro seasons and all that tissue on the face has disappeared. The underlying bone structure IS. It is what it is, and if it alters, either the pituitary gland is going haywire like a person with endogenous acromegaly, or they are supplementing with hgh. Who thinks Christiano Ronaldo's jawling and forehead is a naturally sharp as that? It is like it has been hewn on a knife sharpener. There was a link a poster put up before: http://tiny.cc/mjwan

Harvey was diagnosed with a condition called acromegalia and rushed into surgery at Royal Melbourne Hospital in 1999. A tumour resting on the pituitary gland at the base of his brain was secreting huge amounts of human growth hormone.
The slow-progressing condition was causing a wide range of problems: pins and needles in his arm, bowel trouble, kidney problems and migraines. It also enlarged his hands, feet and nose, as well as his skull, brow and jaw.
User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 20:43

a Bond villain with natural acromegaly, Richard Kiel

User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 20:45

acromegaly symptoms pic, from wiki.

Facial aspect of a patient with acromegaly. The cheekbones are obvious, the forehead bulges, the jaw is enlarged and facial lines prominent. The forehead and overlying skin is thickened, which may lead to frontal bossing (an unusually prominent forehead sometimes with a heavy brow ridge).

User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 20:49

fusing of brow ridge, and the spreading of the nose of Ronnie Coleman. This aint natural folks, if you think it is, see an optometrist get your eyes checked

User avatar blackcat

13 May 2011 21:26

on3m@n@rmy wrote:Jens Mouris?

I was gonna say Jeannie Longo!
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78
User avatar Benotti69

13 May 2011 22:17

Andynonomous wrote:Yep. I don't see a difference, since Cameron started working out with her boyfriend (admitted steroid user Alex Rodriguez).

Before :

After :

Nothing to see here folks, just move along. Just crazy conspiracy theorists here.

Great post. This is explosive stuff.

You've proved that Hollywood actresses looks better in press conferences than they do in their day to day lives. Yet they hide behind these 'stylists' and 'make-up artists' when it's clear that it's the likes of Fuentes and Ferrari.

You've blown it wide open. Excellent insight. Where does this fraud end? It makes me doubt all the Hollywood lies. Is Johnny Depp really a pirate? Is Matt Damon really a secret agent? Does Anthony Hopkins eat people?

My whole belief system is now in turmoil.
Mambo95

13 May 2011 22:56

Most. Pathetic. Thread. Ever.
User avatar Arnout

13 May 2011 23:15

Not quite as pathetic as commenting on a thread you don't like while ripping off the Simpsons in a failed attempt to appear with it.

If you don't like a discussion about whether Contador is showing the effects of HGH then no one is forcing you to read it let alone respond to it.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic