Register

Schlecks Depreciation Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 Mar 2012 10:50

I don't think Wiggins is whiney. He's been brutally honest about his shortcomings in the past.
User avatar hrotha

24 Mar 2012 10:55

hrotha wrote:I don't think Wiggins is whiney. He's been brutally honest about his shortcomings in the past.

That thing with movistar in Paris nice...will that count as whinning?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

24 Mar 2012 11:02

Zam_Olyas wrote:That thing with movistar in Paris nice...will that count as whinning?

I don't think so, since the incident didn't even affect him. Even if it counts as whining, it's certainly in a different league compared to Andy losing time on a descent and then saying that attacking on descents should be banned or something.
User avatar hrotha

24 Mar 2012 11:07

hrotha wrote:I don't think so, since the incident didn't even affect him. Even if it counts as whining, it's certainly in a different league compared to Andy losing time on a descent and then saying that attacking on descents should be banned or something.

Fair enough.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

24 Mar 2012 11:31

thehog wrote:Diabolical. You see doing all the hard races in rain and snow at the start of the year make you strong for July.

If there's a tough day at the Tour I can assure those who stayed in the race or were at Paris-Nice will fare better than Shleck.

He's lost the Tour already.

C'mon you misunderstand him. He is by far the toughest, shrewdest, talented rider in the peloton. Why can't everyone see this ?:rolleyes:
movingtarget

24 Mar 2012 11:35

Everything depends on how to interpret "whining" and desire to see whining in any words. Critics and haters are really strong at it. As for dangerous descending Schleck announced probably the opinion of most of the peloton, but he's the only one who attracts such a huge media attention and thus all critisism directed at him.
User avatar airstream

24 Mar 2012 11:42

airstream wrote:Everything depends on how to interpret "whining" and desire to see whining in any words. Critics and haters are really strong at it. As for dangerous descending Schleck announced probably the opinion of most of the peloton, [B]but he's the only one who attracts such a huge media attention and thus all critisism directed at him.[/B]

I can think of quite a few riders who attract more media, even in July.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

24 Mar 2012 13:48

El Pistolero wrote:I can think of quite a few riders who attract more media, even in July.

airstream said Schleck is the only rider who whines about descents that attracts such media attention.

As for your sentence, in July I can only think of Contador Cav and maybe this year Evans.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

24 Mar 2012 14:01

The Hitch wrote:airstream said Schleck is the only rider who whines about descents that attracts such media attention.

As for your sentence, in July I can only think of Contador Cav and maybe this year Evans.

Voeckler perhaps?
Vino attacks everyone

25 Mar 2012 15:51

airstream wrote:Everything depends on how to interpret "whining" and desire to see whining in any words. Critics and haters are really strong at it. As for dangerous descending Schleck announced probably the opinion of most of the peloton, but he's the only one who attracts such a huge media attention and thus all critisism directed at him.

So your perspective that Contador's saying the CAS decision was unjust can be seen as a "haters" perspective and thus unbiased and lacking substance.

As far as the Andy's opinion representing most of the peloton, if you mean the percentage of the peloton that has no cajones and feels that any aspect of racing that determines a race's result that he fails to excel at should be banned, then alrighty then, you must be right, although I highly doubt that that is representative of "most of the peloton". Likely just 2 particular riders from a particular country that starts with an "L".;)
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

25 Mar 2012 17:50

Angliru wrote:As far as the Andy's opinion representing most of the peloton, if you mean the percentage of the peloton that has no cajones and feels that any aspect of racing that determines a race's result that he fails to excel at should be banned, then alrighty then, you must be right, although I highly doubt that that is representative of "most of the peloton". Likely just 2 particular riders from a particular country that starts with an "L".;)

You mean cojones? #grammarnazi

I think there is something to airstream's comment though ... I imagine 90% of the peloton dislikes descending at 90 km/h but the difference to Andy is that 90% of the peloton don't have to descend at 90 km/h but istead can more or less choose a speed that they feel comfortable with.

Thus we can conclude that ...

#wearethe90percent :cool: ;)
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

25 Mar 2012 17:54

Actually, a lot of them descend at speeds far in excess of the GT guys, because they need to in order to beat the time limit, since they'll lose so much more on the other climbs.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

25 Mar 2012 18:04

Christian wrote:You mean cojones? #grammarnazi

I think there is something to airstream's comment though ... I imagine 90% of the peloton dislikes descending at 90 km/h but the difference to Andy is that 90% of the peloton don't have to descend at 90 km/h but istead can more or less choose a speed that they feel comfortable with.

So? That's cycling. Maybe some (or a lot) don't really like it, that's okay, but don't whine that it's unfair and should be banned.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 Mar 2012 18:18

It's a stupid thing to complain about simply because there's no solution, unless you only climb one mountain per stage.
User avatar spalco

25 Mar 2012 18:18

actually gt riders is a specialization that has probably the worst descending skills among the others as they got to sitting in the group comfortably and take no risks. the parcours was chosen ok, unlike the weather, however i can understand the words of disappointment from the honest humble guy.

yes, cos Christian and me are not dazzled by cult of whining, actively promoted here. )
User avatar airstream

25 Mar 2012 18:25

Christian wrote:You mean cojones? #grammarnazi

No, only you and Airstream can come to that conclusion. Andy is the first rider that I can ever recall whining that an event shouldn't be decided on a descent. You go up, you come down. It's pretty simple. If he doesn't feel descents should factor into the overall equation then maybe he should stick to chasing stage wins on uphill grades provided he doesn't get dropped if there any descents that precede it.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

25 Mar 2012 18:53

Angliru wrote:No, only you and Airstream can come to that conclusion.

Lol! :p:p:p:p
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 Mar 2012 20:20

Angliru wrote:No, only you and Airstream can come to that conclusion. Andy is the first rider that I can ever recall whining that an event shouldn't be decided on a descent. You go up, you come down. It's pretty simple. If he doesn't feel descents should factor into the overall equation then maybe he should stick to chasing stage wins on uphill grades provided he doesn't get dropped if there any descents that precede it.

Indeed it is a well-known fact that the whole Monte Crostis debate was a part of the Frandy agenda, or "fragenda" :eek:
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

25 Mar 2012 20:25

Christian wrote:Indeed it is a well-known fact that the whole Monte Crostis debate was a part of the Frandy agenda, or "fragenda" :eek:

Come on, we all know Crostis isn't just a normal descent.
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 Mar 2012 21:23

LaFlorecita wrote:Come on, we all know Crostis isn't just a normal descent.

Disagree. The descent was normal. Other than that, the stage configuration itself made it easier as any break was doomed to be caught until the Crostis summit and only a little group of 7-8 best climbers would have had to descend. They could have done it very accurately and no one could have taken a risk to start storming Zonc alone. Crostis removal was the biggest cycling crime probably since the factual failure of the 2006 TdF.
User avatar airstream

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing