Register

Schlecks Depreciation Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

21 Jul 2011 17:11

Jeanne wrote:Looks like Andy's closing this thread today :cool:

Even with today it doesn't change the fact that Mlle. Schleck and Leotard-Trek continuously whine about racing whenever it doesn't suit them.

Maybe this is a transition a la Evans at the 2009 Worlds, but I'll believe it when the STFU and race like this on a continuing basis
User avatar El Oso

21 Jul 2011 17:13

El Oso wrote:Even with today it doesn't change the fact that Mlle. Schleck and Leotard-Trek continuously whine about racing whenever it doesn't suit them.

Maybe this is a transition a la Evans at the 2009 Worlds, but I'll believe it when the STFU and race like this on a continuing basis

Say what u feel like saying - today is just a day of joy :D
User avatar Jeanne

21 Jul 2011 17:20

I have been, and still am, an Andy supporter. Like many others though, I also became increasingly disillusioned with his (lack of) deeds, but especially with the stupid things he's been saying during this Tour.

Today went a long way to restoring my faith. All he has to do now is just learn to STFU and talk with his legs instead.:p
User avatar Amsterhammer

21 Jul 2011 17:28

Amsterhammer wrote:I have been, and still am, an Andy supporter. Like many others though, I also became increasingly disillusioned with his (lack of) deeds, but especially with the stupid things he's been saying during this Tour.

Today went a long way to restoring my faith. All he has to do now is just learn to STFU and talk with his legs instead.:p

Except for the being an Andy supporter, I can agree to this completely... Andy can still win me over - if he is able to stop his whining :D

EDIT: maybe he shouldn't do that... I wouldn't know who to support in next years TdF then ;)
Proud Fan of Riis' tactics & training

jobiwan wrote:Bjarne Riis = Evil Genius
Grayguard

21 Jul 2011 17:34

I have to say it, Andy won me over. He was a whiny little wuss, but this was very very impressive. He kept fighting untill the end even though he was hardly moving. Great attack, congrats to him
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

21 Jul 2011 17:50

Michielveedeebee wrote:I have to say it, Andy won me over. He was a whiny little wuss, but this was very very impressive. He kept fighting untill the end even though he was hardly moving. Great attack, congrats to him

Shame it's a week too late though.
Billy Boy

21 Jul 2011 17:54

Jeanne wrote:Looks like Andy's closing this thread today

Nope. It is still okay to hate the Schleck sisters. Their smug sense of entitlement combined with their incessant whining makes them hard to like.
Give hate a chance.
-----------------------
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
User avatar Damiano Machiavelli

21 Jul 2011 17:57

Damiano Machiavelli wrote:Nope. It is still okay to hate the Schleck sisters. Their smug sense of entitlement combined with their incessant whining makes them hard to like.

Nope, hating is not ok for me, neither the schlecks nor other riders.
User avatar Jeanne

21 Jul 2011 17:58

I second that we padlock this thread. ;)
User avatar ImmaculateKadence

21 Jul 2011 17:59

Michielveedeebee wrote:I have to say it, Andy won me over. He was a whiny little wuss, but this was very very impressive. He kept fighting untill the end even though he was hardly moving. Great attack, congrats to him

Agree. Ballsy attack today. Thread closed.
richwagmn

21 Jul 2011 18:01

richwagmn wrote:Agree. Ballsy attack today. Thread closed.

Thread closed? Not at all. I hope what we saw today is a new start for him and that he's on the road to redemption, but it doesn't erase everything he's said and not done before. All previous criticism of him was warranted.
User avatar hrotha

21 Jul 2011 18:02

Jeanne wrote:Nope, hating is not ok for me, neither the schlecks nor other riders.

Don't take it that literally please. Call it "dislike" then....
Today Andy at least showed he actually got some balls, and is willing to risk something for the win!

That goes a long way, towards neutralizing some "haters" - now he just needs to show he can stop whining to the press, even when things doesn't go his way, and I'm sure he will gain more fans, and lose 95% of all the haters :D

Grayguard

21 Jul 2011 18:05

Grayguard wrote:Don't take it that literally please. Call it "dislike" then....
Today Andy at least showed he actually got some balls, and is willing to risk something for the win!

That goes a long way, towards neutralizing some "haters" - now he just needs to show he can stop whining to the press, even when things doesn't go his way, and I'm sure he will gain more fans, and lose 95% of all the haters :D

I know...you're right. I need to learn and ignore "hater posts". It's just so damn unnecessary! (But I also am very much with the hope he'll get the whining under control :D )
User avatar Jeanne

21 Jul 2011 20:24

Just like Evans' Worlds attack (which to be fair was preceded with the Col de la Madeleine in the Dauphiné, but the sulking non-attacking Evans had a final hurrah in the Vuelta), Andy has reaped the rewards of finally not thinking too much and instead DOING.

He's shut up a lot of doubters, and impressed many. For a long time we've been saying the Schlecks need to do a conventional 1-2, not these strange tandem attacks they seem to want. It worked perfectly. Who wants to drag Fränk all the way up the climb?

Even if Andy bonks tomorrow or in the TT and loses the Tour, he's already changed a lot of opinions. He's already turned things around. If he loses from here, then oh well. If he had sat on and fooled around like he did on Plateau de Beille again, he'd have lost the Tour, and he'd have lost it because of his timidness. If he loses it from here, he lost it despite his best efforts and heroism.

It's always better to win, don't get me wrong. But if you have to lose, it's better to lose because of what you HAVE done than what you HAVEN'T done.

A great ride today, and win lose or draw the Tour from here, he can hold his head up high.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

21 Jul 2011 20:30

Libertine Seguros wrote:Just like Evans' Worlds attack (which to be fair was preceded with the Col de la Madeleine in the Dauphiné, but the sulking non-attacking Evans had a final hurrah in the Vuelta), Andy has reaped the rewards of finally not thinking too much and instead DOING.

He's shut up a lot of doubters, and impressed many. For a long time we've been saying the Schlecks need to do a conventional 1-2, not these strange tandem attacks they seem to want. It worked perfectly. Who wants to drag Fränk all the way up the climb?

Even if Andy bonks tomorrow or in the TT and loses the Tour, he's already changed a lot of opinions. He's already turned things around. If he loses from here, then oh well. If he had sat on and fooled around like he did on Plateau de Beille again, he'd have lost the Tour, and he'd have lost it because of his timidness. If he loses it from here, he lost it despite his best efforts and heroism.

It's always better to win, don't get me wrong. But if you have to lose, it's better to lose because of what you HAVE done than what you HAVEN'T done.

A great ride today, and win lose or draw the Tour from here, he can hold his head up high.

I completely agree - if Andy doesn't win now, at least he *tried*, and that means alot.
If he does win, he actually *earned* it - at least in my book. So, a good day for him :)

Grayguard

21 Jul 2011 21:08

Damiano Machiavelli wrote:Nope. It is still okay to hate the Schleck sisters. Their smug sense of entitlement combined with their incessant whining makes them hard to like.

Yep. I like the attack today but then saw some of the post-stage interviews.
this_is_edie

21 Jul 2011 21:11

Jeanne wrote:Nope, hating is not ok for me, neither the schlecks nor other riders.

You know I get so so tired of being called a hater for criticizing or not liking a rider in a forum. Just to clarify, most of us don't actually hate the Schlecks, we just don't like some of their actions.

However, I must admit that the more their fans call me a hater, the more I dislike the rider. You might want to remember that one.
this_is_edie

21 Jul 2011 21:22

ImmaculateKadence wrote:I second that we padlock this thread. ;)

Better keep the key. He's bound to say something that reminds us why it was created in the first place.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

21 Jul 2011 23:04

Chapeau to Andy for yesterdays efforts.

I'm not sure however how the efforts means he's "turned the corner though".

For nearly 3 weeks now whenever he has climbed with the GC contenders he has not been able to drop one of them and has indeed been dropped occasionally himself. He hasn't been able to drop a weakened Contador, not Evans who he has discounted numerous times over the years, and not even Thommy Voeckler. And all of this whilst he's had Frank at his aid.

And yesterday was the last time he will ever be allowed to ride off into the sunset like that again. So, tonights stage should be interesting.
User avatar Bennyl

22 Jul 2011 02:25

*** edited by mod ***
User avatar Galic Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing