Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Oct 2013 14:58

Arredondo wrote:]Why would Andy return to top level again? [/B]Look, i would like to see it happen, because it gives the Tour more dynamic, but are there any serious indications that he will return to his old form?

Because Frank is back:D

Yes, forgot about Quintana!
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

23 Oct 2013 15:00

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:Because Frank is back:D

Yes, forgot about Quintana!

Hopefully for him the Arenberg stage doesn't have the same outcome for him...

What's your opinion about Fränk, what can he do next year in the Tour?
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

~ Mark Twain
User avatar Arredondo

23 Oct 2013 15:05

Arredondo wrote:Hopefully for him the Arenberg stage doesn't have the same outcome for him...

What's your opinion about Fränk, what can he do next year in the Tour?

The likelihood is not a lot, but you never know. Frank will be motivated I suppose, can't have too many years left at the top?
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

23 Oct 2013 15:06

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:The likelihood is not a lot, but you never know. Frank will be motivated I suppose, can't have too many years left at the top?

Well, still 8 years te become 41;)

Will be interesting to see how much he can support Andy in the mountains, and particulary if he's able to be there in the finale (if there 20 guys left). The presence of Fränk definitely will give strong motivations to Andy.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

~ Mark Twain
User avatar Arredondo

23 Oct 2013 15:20

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:http://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/pro-cyclist-interview-andy-schleck-to-target-tour-de-france-victory-again-in-2014.html

"Chris Froome was outstanding this year. He was really good, and he was really strong, but I don’t think he was a lot stronger than we were two years ago, or three years ago, Alberto and me"

This is surely Schlecks Tour to lose :D. Seriously though he should be in with a chance going into stage 20...

Really hope he can get himself to a good level for it. Doesn't look like too bad a route for him. If he can get to a level similar to 2010 and 2011 there are more then a few stages that can be very good for him.

Good to see he's confident for it as well.
User avatar Afrank

23 Oct 2013 18:40

If i recall correctly Andy said at the beginning of the year that during the winter he couldn't train properly because he wasn't completely healed of his injury. Now with a proper training in the off season and a high level of motivation i trust he will return to the top level. Look at Aaron Ramsey now. :)
shinoda13

23 Oct 2013 20:54

If we take Andy's last results on the pave as an indicator he'll crush this course. We'll see if Cancellara can be bothered to ride for him even if he can't take lots of things from this race; unless he wants to go crazy in Tourmalet-Hautacam just like 2008 all over again :)
"I was excited to pass Rui Costa in front of me. I never thought that would be possible in my life."
Tour de France almost-winner, Andy Schleck acknowledges Rui Costa's awesomeness.

"58x11. I do not often use it, but when you need it, it is always there."
Why the hell would you need that Tony?
User avatar trevim

24 Oct 2013 06:27

Afrank wrote:Really hope he can get himself to a good level for it. Doesn't look like too bad a route for him. If he can get to a level similar to 2010 and 2011 there are more then a few stages that can be very good for him.

Good to see he's confident for it as well.

As usual it is the TT which is Andy's main concern and to counteract that he has to be exceptional in the mountains like in 2010. Froome and Contador would have to have an ordinary TT to put Andy in a good position to win. A lot of ifs and buts. I think the Giro would have had similar problems for him maybe worse. Contador had an off day in the final TT in 2010 and Andy had one of his better days. I think he needs that scenario to have any chance of winning.
movingtarget

24 Oct 2013 14:26

Andy should forget the GC and go for stages. He could at least maybe win something that way...
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

24 Oct 2013 14:29

Carols wrote:Andy should forget the GC and go for stages. He could at least maybe win something that way...

whiny boy is my hope to put down Froome if for some reason Nibali should fail (can't realy see it happening). So we all have to pray for a Andy back at 2010 level + a better tt ;)
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

24 Oct 2013 14:37

Vino attacks everyone wrote:whiny boy is my hope to put down Froome if for some reason Nibali should fail (can't realy see it happening). So we all have to pray for a Andy back at 2010 level + a better tt ;)

LOL good luck with that..... :D
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

24 Oct 2013 14:43

Carols wrote:LOL good luck with that..... :D

My hopes have never been unjustifiable before. Like this year, I said Nibali would win the giro, while the konsensus said Wiggo. I said Fuglsang to top 10 this years tour. I was ridiculed (Netserk), but he pulled it of with ease. Trust me Nibali or Andy will win next years tour :cool:

Vino attacks everyone

24 Oct 2013 14:57

Vino attacks everyone wrote: Trust me Nibali or Andy will win next years tour :cool:

Nibali it will be then :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

24 Oct 2013 15:45

i pray too that andy and frank will find their best level.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

24 Oct 2013 16:43

movingtarget wrote:As usual it is the TT which is Andy's main concern and to counteract that he has to be exceptional in the mountains like in 2010. Froome and Contador would have to have an ordinary TT to put Andy in a good position to win. A lot of ifs and buts. I think the Giro would have had similar problems for him maybe worse. Contador had an off day in the final TT in 2010 and Andy had one of his better days. I think he needs that scenario to have any chance of winning.

Andy's TT is not the only concern nowdays. He's got more issues than that.
User avatar Escarabajo

24 Oct 2013 17:08

Escarabajo wrote:Andy's TT is not the only concern nowdays. He's got more issues than that.

Have to agree with that. Screw working on his time trialing and all that stuff he needed to do back when he was podiuming the Tour. Now he just needs to work on just getting back to a level similar or on par with his level of the past. Work getting those climbing legs back that made him capable of riding away from almost everyone. Or even improving upon those climbing legs, I have my doubts Andy will ever be able to seriously improve his TT that much.
User avatar Afrank

24 Oct 2013 17:27

This had to be posted, in a CN's interview with Jens at the Tour route presentation. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-voigt-weighs-in-on-2014-tour-de-france-route?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

"do you think they can return to that level of where they were in 2009/2010."
Jens: "Oh, sh*t yeah, sh*t yeah, of course I expect them to be back, of course."
:D
User avatar Afrank

24 Oct 2013 17:56

Afrank wrote:This had to be posted, in a CN's interview with Jens at the Tour route presentation. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-voigt-weighs-in-on-2014-tour-de-france-route?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

"do you think they can return to that level of where they were in 2009/2010."
Jens: "Oh, sh*t yeah, sh*t yeah, of course I expect them to be back, of course."
:D

even funnier when you think of his accent :D

Vino attacks everyone

24 Oct 2013 21:53

Andy Schleck: “The Tour next year is for me."

"On Sunday if the sun is out I will start the first kilometre in preparation for next year. I will give it full throttle."

There's your problem right there Andy. You're still supposed to train when the weather's not nice.
User avatar vedrafjord

24 Oct 2013 22:19

Hahahha classic Jens.
User avatar jsem94

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing