Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

03 Mar 2014 19:34

RiccoDinko wrote:Andy is done, no results in two years. Maybe with Frank they can win a TDF stage at best, long shot.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?&id=140242&season=2013

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?=&id=140242&season=2012

Two years? It's closer to three years....
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

03 Mar 2014 19:46

I keep saying this (usually to myself), Andy is not done yet! Isn't it premature to write him off?

He just became a first-time papa and so did Nibali - give these guys a break ;)

About winning the TdF, I would not touch that subject :D
User avatar contessador

03 Mar 2014 19:50

The Schlecks are from the bad old days. Goodbye and good riddance
willbick

03 Mar 2014 21:09

RiccoDinko wrote:Andy is done, no results in two years. Maybe with Frank they can win a TDF stage at best, long shot.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?&id=140242&season=2013

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?=&id=140242&season=2012

Very likely true.
Never wait

03 Mar 2014 21:18

If Contador is considered done as Tour contender by many (me included) after his performance last year. No wonder very few people still have any faith in Andy Schleck.
User avatar Parrulo

03 Mar 2014 21:23

Everyone agrees that he is done, it is a no-brainer, yet people seem to feel the need to come here and express it time and again... odd :o

Likewise I get up every morning, look in the mirror and tell myself I am just as handsome as James Franco

So far it doesn't seem to have come true yet, but I believe, and the more I tell myself the more it becomes a valid claim.... right?!
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

03 Mar 2014 21:27

Oh i am sorry, i didn't realize i couldn't post on this thread anymore considering i don't think he will ever fight for a Tour win again.

Just like with every other topic, as long as there are people saying Andy can still make it, there will be people saying he can't.
User avatar Parrulo

04 Mar 2014 00:09

Parrulo wrote:Oh i am sorry, i didn't realize i couldn't post on this thread anymore considering i don't think he will ever fight for a Tour win again.

Just like with every other topic, as long as there are people saying Andy can still make it, there will be people saying he can't.

Take it easy amigo, was not talking to you, I agree with your post, albeit "done as a Tour contender" does not equal done "tout court" as they say in France....

I was more refering to a few posts on the previous page (10ppp system).
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

04 Mar 2014 05:14

congrats to andy on the birth of his child

lets just hope with all the positive things in his life such as the above , being reunited with frank and i presume full fitness again we "should" see a new andy schleck this year .

with every man and his dog going to the giro to avoid froome we could do with a schleck resurrection for the tour or its going to be 2012 all over again with sky dominance and a 2 week cake walk to paris . i cant see contador putting up much resistance if last year is anything to go by .

andy get your head on straight , we need you back !!!!
User avatar shades1

04 Mar 2014 06:39

Lol hoping for Andy to put up a fight but discounting Contador and Nibali :o if last year is anything to go by Contador and Nibali will be on the podium with Andy lucky to finish top 10.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

04 Mar 2014 12:32

LaFlorecita wrote:Lol hoping for Andy to put up a fight but discounting Contador and Nibali :o if last year is anything to go by Contador and Nibali will be on the podium with Andy lucky to finish top 10.

well i dont visit these forums as much as i would like but i still see you hate andy schleck more than ever laflorecita , all im trying to be is a bit optimistic about a decent year for andy as a fan of cycling , i think the sport needs him back to his best .

i did forget naibali is actually at the tour so yes he can mix things up hopefully , im not so convinced about your lovechild contador , froome destroyed him on nearly every mountain last year and rode away from him with ease , cant see anything changing this year .
User avatar shades1

04 Mar 2014 13:37

shades1 wrote:like but i still see you hate andy schleck more than ever laflorecita

LaFlorecita is from a time when Contador and Andy were still relevant to professional cycling. Forget them guys, all aboard the Sky Train. Woot! Woot!

...... ;)
User avatar happytramp

04 Mar 2014 13:57

shades1 wrote:well i dont visit these forums as much as i would like but i still see you hate andy schleck more than ever laflorecita , all im trying to be is a bit optimistic about a decent year for andy as a fan of cycling , i think the sport needs him back to his best .

i did forget naibali is actually at the tour so yes he can mix things up hopefully , im not so convinced about your lovechild contador , froome destroyed him on nearly every mountain last year and rode away from him with ease , cant see anything changing this year .

http://youtu.be/pez_79eWSWw
User avatar Netserk

04 Mar 2014 14:58

shades1 wrote:well i dont visit these forums as much as i would like but i still see you hate andy schleck more than ever laflorecita , all im trying to be is a bit optimistic about a decent year for andy as a fan of cycling , i think the sport needs him back to his best .

Sorry you're not convincing me your Andy will be any better than my lovechild.
User avatar LaFlorecita

04 Mar 2014 15:25

LaFlorecita wrote:if last year is anything to go by Roman Kreuziger and Nibali will be on the podium with Andy lucky to finish top 10.

Fixed it for you
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

04 Mar 2014 15:28

The Hitch wrote:Fixed it for you

Haha:rolleyes: clever
User avatar LaFlorecita

04 Mar 2014 15:50

Hey, I went easy on you. Could very easily have gone for this

LaFlorecita wrote:if last year is anything to go by Roman Kreuziger and Nibali will be on the podium with Alberto lucky to finish top 10.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

04 Mar 2014 15:52

@Hitch

Wanna avatar bet who finishes highest of Alberto and Roman? ;)
User avatar Netserk

04 Mar 2014 16:06

The emperor has wonderful brilliant robes. You just cant see them...

I do not buy this argument that Andy, who has won the tour and LBL, can be counted out simply because his riding style isnt entertaining enough for TV viewers in January.

These are the ruminations of blind fools lurking in the shadows clinging desperately to their false narrative that AC's "legacy" isnt dead in the water and wasnt just the final chapter of the Hog and Team Armstrong's sad shameful saga.

They hide from the light of justice and whisper among each other hypocritically deriding Chris Horner years after AC's climbing form fell off a cliff.

This isn't an Andy Schleck discussion thread...

This is an Alberto Contador career memorial thread. I mean seriously does he even come close to being able to follow Froome and Porte? Lets face it no.

This year AS will improve on his tour placing. Will AC?
User avatar myrideissteelerthanyours

04 Mar 2014 16:10

myrideissteelerthanyours wrote:Man you really would've thought Andy would've shown up at Omloop KBK weekend to try and get his first win. Since small wins are such a high expectation of him. I full anticipate him showing up and attempting to win every other race on the calendar soon. I am literally holding my breath waiting to see him at the lineup in San Gimignano where he will mark Sagan and outsprint him in the finale since that is the expectation and of course is so logical. He NEEDS this win to prove he is on form to win every other race of the calendar. Even though this was not the case the last time he won the tour de france. That is the expectation now.

Difficult as Trek were not at those races
del1962

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing