Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Apr 2014 06:22

Marco Pantani wrote:My gut feeling is telling me that he'll either feature in tomorrows break, or show himself with a nice ride up to Arrate.

Andys time is coming.

Well he did try to get into the break. But it didnt work. I doubt he can show up on Arrate. Would be a real surprise if it were to happen :D
Andy Schleck - "Perhaps I will be the surprise of July"
saneguy

10 Apr 2014 06:27

saneguy wrote:Well he did try to get into the break. But it didnt work. I doubt he can show up on Arrate. Would be a real surprise if it were to happen :D

I understood the peloton just decided, they wanted a different group to go and that they were caught 40 kms into yesterdays stage.
User avatar Marco Pantani

10 Apr 2014 14:46

He was yesterday in the breakaway and at the end he finished in the group, so he is not very bad, although it is a pity noticed that of someone of his quiality.

Anyway, I hope him today in the top 20, or other way tomorrow to be a character.

If that is not the case, this year wont be a good year for him.
User avatar Taxus4a

10 Apr 2014 15:42

Taxus4a wrote:He was yesterday in the breakaway and at the end he finished in the group, so he is not very bad, although it is a pity noticed that of someone of his quiality.

Anyway, I hope him today in the top 20, or other way tomorrow to be a character.

If that is not the case, this year wont be a good year for him.

or another year... or another year after next year... and the merry goes around around. By that time he is already 34 and ready to retired. That's even a better documentary story than amstrong. :D
User avatar Jelantik

10 Apr 2014 15:50

Meh...

70 SCHLECK, Andy TFR 03h 49′ 33″ + 10′ 04″
User avatar VanBsr

10 Apr 2014 16:03

Jelantik wrote:or another year... or another year after next year... and the merry goes around around. By that time he is already 34 and ready to retired. That's even a better documentary story than amstrong. :D

And what's your story?
Year after year searching for the selfrespect in bashing and spitting the ones you'll never be even close to.
And by the time you're 50 you realize there's no selfrespect in being a mean mf behind anonymity of an internet forum.
Great story of a miserable character and wasted life. A wasted talent is a joke compared to it.
podunavac

10 Apr 2014 16:04

Meanwhile, a guy that also faced hard injuries that same year, is back with a stage victory
"I was excited to pass Rui Costa in front of me. I never thought that would be possible in my life."
Tour de France almost-winner, Andy Schleck acknowledges Rui Costa's awesomeness.

"58x11. I do not often use it, but when you need it, it is always there."
Why the hell would you need that Tony?
User avatar trevim

10 Apr 2014 17:46

VanBsr wrote:Meh...

70 SCHLECK, Andy TFR 03h 49′ 33″ + 10′ 04″

It is bad, except if he is looking for the breakaway tomorrow.
His brother wanst at a high level as well...
User avatar Taxus4a

10 Apr 2014 17:52

Taxus4a wrote:It is bad, except if he is looking for the breakaway tomorrow.
His brother wanst at a high level as well...

I think its time to give up that these two will ever come good again. At least Andy.
MC: I don’t think Chris fully understood that (Vinokourov) had doped.

CF: No, I knew.

MC: Not fully.
User avatar the sceptic

10 Apr 2014 17:53

What I don't get is how does one go from publicly stating that they hope to climb with the best 10 climbers at a race earlier in the season, and fail to do so, not show any progress in form as the season goes along? Something must have given him hope that this was possible but nothing that has occurred since that time support this level of optimism. I think someone posted earlier that there must be something else that is limiting him that hasn't been disclosed to the media.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

10 Apr 2014 17:56

the sceptic wrote:I think its time to give up that these two will ever come good again. At least Andy.

You should never give!! Remember the days when Greg LeMond would suck right up until the middle of june and then turn into a Tour winner/contender.
Gruppetto at the Giro=Tour winner.
pmcg76

10 Apr 2014 21:07

Andy is not that bad. He rode at the front with about 35 kms to go.
Most people dislike, that he's been aiming for the ardennes and Tour only so far, but it is how it is.

We shouldn't conclude anything/much from the time gaps imo.
The build up went way better than last year, he did enough race days as well.

He'll be ready for the ardennes.
User avatar Marco Pantani

11 Apr 2014 04:58

I think he was dropped on the descent before Arrate(when OPQS increased the pace) because I saw him at the back of the group on the top of the penultimate climb. So perhaps because of this the gap is so big.
User avatar VanBsr

11 Apr 2014 16:07

116th place today. 17 minutes back.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes - Rom 1:16"

11 Apr 2014 16:34

'sigh', oh Andy. Ardennes and Tour though. Ardennes and Tour. :o Only after that will I cast final judgment.
User avatar Afrank

11 Apr 2014 16:43

Jspear wrote:116th place today. 17 minutes back.
Together with 50 other riders (Zubeldia, his brother, Arroyo, Chaves, Serpa, Hesjedal, Riblon, ... to name some riders). In my opinion, it is not that bad at all for the moment. At least he doesn't abandon in every race (while +15 riders DNF today) and he looks motivated. Of course he won't win Liège or the Tour this year, but a top ten in the Tour de France should be a possiblity.
Popchu

11 Apr 2014 16:47

pmcg76 wrote:You should never give!! Remember the days when Greg LeMond would suck right up until the middle of june and then turn into a Tour winner/contender.
Gruppetto at the Giro=Tour winner.

Greg Lemond ≠ Andy Schleck
User avatar Escarabajo

11 Apr 2014 17:32

Escarabajo wrote:Greg Lemond ≠ Andy Schleck

Andy is much better indeed :p
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

11 Apr 2014 18:36

Popchu wrote:Together with 50 other riders (Zubeldia, his brother, Arroyo, Chaves, Serpa, Hesjedal, Riblon, ... to name some riders). In my opinion, it is not that bad at all for the moment. At least he doesn't abandon in every race (while +15 riders DNF today) and he looks motivated. Of course he won't win Liège or the Tour this year, but a top ten in the Tour de France should be a possiblity.

For someone like andy, we expects more. He was the best elite climber in the world with Contador. Valverde didn't ride for 2 years due to his ban, now he is back in the top with 7 winnings already. Contador didn't ride for 6 months, got his a-ss kicked by young climbers last a year, but managed to get Vuelta win, and now top 1 and 2 and stage win in his first season. Hey even Wout Poehls got injured in accident few months back, back to win a stage and even matched up Contador and valverde today.

Yes andy was injured. But that was like 2011?? now it's 2014, don't you think a caliber talented rider like Andy should have already showed up by now? Dunno, to me just shows andy's mentality and focus is not as strong as his talent. (I hope I'm wrong). Or maybe he should get back to Bjarne team and be a super domestique deluxe for alberto. :D Ow wait. Bjarne probably relief that he doesn't have to deal with andy anymore.

That kid Jungels? for godshake he is only 21 years, and has already out-climbed andy, and he descends like demon. Can andy draw an inspiration from him? Or maybe seeing that blows up his confidence all together :D
User avatar Jelantik

20 Apr 2014 16:00

did he finish today? what is his final result?
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing