Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Oct 2014 18:15

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:Would love to have seen a top form Andy tackle the 2015 Tour. If ever there was a route that favoured him...

Top form Andy on this course > top form Cadel, Wiggins, Alberto, Froome, Nairn IMO of course

A top form Andy was never superior (in the mountains on any gt course) to a top form Contador. I'd argue that he wasn't even his equal. He was close though.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

22 Oct 2014 18:45

Netserk wrote:Was 2010 top form Andy? If so Contador would then take time on the three hill finishes and the ITT, and would only have to mark him from then on. We saw how Andy couldn't drop him on Tourmalet, so I don't really see how you can have him ahead of Contador.

He couldnt drop him but Contador was at his wheel, and even he couldnt drop andy when he attacked. it is not the same level to be at the wheel of someone.
It is the same than this Year with froome, Contador wantsn better than Froome in Ancares.
User avatar Taxus4a

22 Oct 2014 19:01

The man has retired and there are still some people using every opportunity to spit on him.
Pathetic.
sir fly

22 Oct 2014 20:26

Taxus4a wrote:He couldnt drop him but Contador was at his wheel, and even he couldnt drop andy when he attacked. it is not the same level to be at the wheel of someone.
It is the same than this Year with froome, Contador wantsn better than Froome in Ancares.

So?

How does being better but not gaining any time make him a bigger favourite to win, when he has to gain time?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

22 Oct 2014 21:08

It looks like the fictional Andy vs. Contador battle will still be the most interesting one for years to come :)
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

28 Nov 2014 18:39

Justice is served... in the shape of a giant fruit bowl. Merci, Monsieur le Président, for this nice gesture.

Andy Schleck receives giant fruit bowl from French president

User avatar Christian

28 Nov 2014 21:10

sir fly wrote:The man has retired and there are still some people using every opportunity to spit on him.
Pathetic.

Where do get that he is being spit upon? Because opinions are different from your fond memories of Andy?
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

28 Nov 2014 21:42

Christian wrote:Justice is served... in the shape of a giant fruit bowl. Merci, Monsieur le Président, for this nice gesture.

Andy Schleck receives giant fruit bowl from French president

Was AC's 2010 Trophy taken from him, or are there 2 now?
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes - Rom 1:16"

28 Nov 2014 21:54

I guess they only literally take away olympic medals, so I think they made a new one
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

28 Nov 2014 21:54

Jspear wrote:Was AC's 2010 Trophy taken from him, or are there 2 now?

Two, I'm pretty sure. They can't break into Contador's house and take the trophy. It probably has an inscription anyway.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

28 Nov 2014 21:57

LaFlorecita wrote:Two, I'm pretty sure. They can't break into Contador's house and take the trophy. It probably has an inscription anyway.

Yeah, he's got some big dawgs walking around, it's not likely nobody will notice strangers walking in

Red Rick

28 Nov 2014 21:59

Red Rick wrote:Yeah, he's got some big dawgs walking around, it's not likely nobody will notice strangers walking in

Dawgs :p :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

28 Nov 2014 22:56

User avatar Christian

28 Nov 2014 22:57

Christian wrote:Image

If they handed out jerseys for 2nd places, Andy could do something similar :p (though only four instead of seven)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

29 Nov 2014 09:36

Red Rick wrote:I guess they only literally take away olympic medals, so I think they made a new one

Someone just noted that it might be Alberto's trophy since Andy got it after 4 years. Let's hope that isn't true.
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Nov 2014 09:44

LaFlorecita wrote:Someone just noted that it might be Alberto's trophy since Andy got it after 4 years. Let's hope that isn't true.

If Conti had any sense of decency, he would have given it back a long time ago. Heck, even Riis, a borderline sociopath, knew he didn't deserve his yellow jersey and told authorities they could come collect it from his home.

User avatar Christian

29 Nov 2014 09:50

Christian wrote:If Conti had any sense of decency, he would have given it back a long time ago. Heck, even Riis, a borderline sociopath, knew he didn't deserve his yellow jersey and told authorities they could come collect it from his home.

If he has any sort of brain he should have locked his trophy in a vault and installed a security system to keep ASO officials out. It's his trophy, he won it, he received it on the Champs Elysées.

If Andy had any sense of decency, he would not have posted such a ****ing proud picture on Twitter. And I am not the only one who feels that way from what I've read on several websites :D Funny to see how many people slam Andy and wish this is the last time we ever read anything about him online. He just luuuuuvs the attention. Sickening.
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Nov 2014 10:01

Christian wrote:If Conti had any sense of decency, he would have given it back a long time ago. Heck, even Riis, a borderline sociopath, knew he didn't deserve his yellow jersey and told authorities they could come collect it from his home.

Maybe Contador deserved his bad, but I always feel sick about the nr.2 getting the price while we all know better.
User avatar Kwibus

29 Nov 2014 10:52

If you think cheating makes you a sociopath, you better look it up in the dictionary.

Red Rick

29 Nov 2014 10:53

I wouldn't mind it if it was Contador's actually, they probably would have had to rework the incription, if that's visible its something to remember for little Andy

Red Rick

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing