Log in:  

Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

29 Nov 2014 11:15

Red Rick wrote:I wouldn't mind it if it was Contador's actually, they probably would have had to rework the incription, if that's visible its something to remember for little Andy


I would mind it, it's Alberto's trophy. It's very frustrating to think about.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

29 Nov 2014 11:51

LaFlorecita wrote:If Andy had any sense of decency, he would not have posted such a ****ing proud picture on Twitter. And I am not the only one who feels that way from what I've read on several websites :D Funny to see how many people slam Andy and wish this is the last time we ever read anything about him online. He just luuuuuvs the attention. Sickening.


You have your websites, I have mine :) Heartwarming to see how many people applaud Andy and wish this is just the beginning of many more we will hear about him. Also just a tip, if you are one of those sick(ened) people who don't want to hear news from Andy, don't click on a thread called "Andy Schleck Discussion Thread" :)
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,776
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 15:46
Location: Sevilla

29 Nov 2014 11:54

Christian wrote:You have your websites, I have mine :) Heartwarming to see how many people applaud Andy and wish this is just the beginning of many more we will hear about him. Also just a tip, if you are one of those sick(ened) people who don't want to hear news from Andy, don't click on a thread called "Andy Schleck Discussion Thread" :)


My websites are general cycling websites :p hehe

In this case I clicked the thread because I knew that picture would be in it, and I had to say something about it :cool:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 05:54

LaFlorecita wrote:I would mind it, it's Alberto's trophy. It's very frustrating to think about.


So now convicted dopers should be able to keep the trophies they got by getting unfair and illegal advantage over opponents?
The ones he won clean, according to the governing body, are his.
damian13ster
Junior Member
 
Posts: 649
Joined: 27 May 2014 19:31

30 Nov 2014 07:26

damian13ster wrote:So now convicted dopers should be able to keep the trophies they got by getting unfair and illegal advantage over opponents?
The ones he won clean, according to the governing body, are his.


What a stupid post.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 08:38

Christian wrote:You have your websites, I have mine :) Heartwarming to see how many people applaud Andy and wish this is just the beginning of many more we will hear about him. Also just a tip, if you are one of those sick(ened) people who don't want to hear news from Andy, don't click on a thread called "Andy Schleck Discussion Thread" :)


Well generally the popularity of Andy and his comments during the last year have been extremely cringeworthy.
I'm sure that in Luxembourg he is really populair, but outside of Luxembourg I'm also pretty sure his popularity is dropping. Unless people like crybabies lately... :D
User avatar Kwibus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,765
Joined: 25 May 2010 05:54
Location: the Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 08:40

LaFlorecita wrote:*deleted by mod*


No it's not. Contador was caught, how dubious his ban me be. When you get convicted they take away your price.
It just usually sucks since the nr.2 is doing the same in cycling history.
User avatar Kwibus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,765
Joined: 25 May 2010 05:54
Location: the Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 08:55

Kwibus wrote:No it's not. Contador was caught, how dubious his ban me be. When you get convicted they take away your price.
It just usually sucks since the nr.2 is doing the same in cycling history.


Taking away the win is enough. Sending someone to take away the prizes (trophy, yellow jerseys, whatever else) is just rubbing salt into the wounds. How hard is it to make a new trophy? It's not like anyone except the person that got their results stripped and their close friends and relatives cares about those prizes anymore. So standing on someone's doorstep, ready to take them away (or badgering someone into sending them by mail) is just to hurt and bully that particular person once more. There is no other objective. The idea is just to make it clear that "haha, you're no longer the winner, we're gonna give these prizes you received 4 years ago and that have been in your living room for 4 years to another doper, hahaha, so you can no longer pretend it never happened hihihi". To be honest I expected no less from ASO. They're a bunch of bullies. RCS could teach them what "class" and "dignity" means.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:07

LaFlorecita wrote:Taking away the win is enough. Sending someone to take away the prizes (trophy, yellow jerseys, whatever else) is just rubbing salt into the wounds. How hard is it to make a new trophy? It's not like anyone except the person that got their results stripped and their close friends and relatives cares about those prizes anymore. So standing on someone's doorstep, ready to take them away (or badgering someone into sending them by mail) is just to hurt and bully that particular person once more. There is no other objective. The idea is just to make it clear that "haha, you're no longer the winner, we're gonna give these prizes you received 4 years ago and that have been in your living room for 4 years to another doper, hahaha, so you can no longer pretend it never happened hihihi". To be honest I expected no less from ASO. They're a bunch of bullies. RCS could teach them what "class" and "dignity" means.


If you are caught doping then why would you be able to keep anything? That includes title, money, trophy. If you havent won cleanly then you should get absolutely no rewards from it and it should be 'rubbed in' to make sure that there is absolutely nothing that entices people to cheat, in addition to punishment being as severe as possible. Besides, its going to a man who won cleanly (or at least wasnt caught but thats not the point here and doesnt belong in discussion), not another doper.
Having 'class' and 'dignity' in sports means not having any performance-enhancing and/or banned substances in your body, it is not shown by being lenient and not bullying those who broke those rules
damian13ster
Junior Member
 
Posts: 649
Joined: 27 May 2014 19:31

30 Nov 2014 09:08

Anyway, I am happy that this is all Andy will ever get. When Contador got banned, he said that he would not regard it as his victory. But once it became clear he'd never get the chance to win the TDF for real, he embraced the "victory" as his own and acted as if he was the one who deserved it most from the start anyway, saying in interviews that he'll never forgive Alberto for what he did to him, he never saw Alberto as a friend, that he is a way better person than Alberto. Well, **** you Andy. You deserve nothing more than someone else's scraps. I only wish Alberto could have pushed that stupid trophy down Andy's throat. I wish Alberto would step up and stop being such a classy human being. He should be more mean, more cruel. He should stop saying nice words about Andy in every interview. He should tell Andy to go screw himself, to walk to hell, he should tell Andy "ha, how does it feel, knowing that I will always be way more successful than you. You're a pathetic cyclist, and a pathetic person. Go cry with your mommy, pathetic whiny crybaby. You're a loser." But he won't.

I am extremely happy that in the back of Andy's mind, he'll always know that it wasn't his win. He'll always know who got the kisses from Cameron Diaz, he'll always know who received the yellow jersey on the Champs Elysées, he'll always know Alberto will be the one regarded as the Tour winner by the majority of the fans, he'll always know his Tour victory will forever have an asterisk next to it, he'll always know he screwed up on Port de Balès and was a crybaby when he started whining about it, and he'll always know he didn't wait for Alberto on the cobbles, while the entire peloton waited for him on the stage to Spa. He'll always know he wasn't professional enough, he'll always know he should have spent more time training and less time getting drunk. And it must really, really hurt to know Alberto was 1000x the cyclist he was, and that even though he was seen as the next big thing, the heir to Alberto's crown, he never stepped up to it and instead Alberto is still dominating while Andy is fishing in Luxembourg :D Ahhh..... schadenfreude.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:09

damian13ster wrote:If you are caught doping then why would you be able to keep anything? That includes title, money, trophy. If you havent won cleanly then you should get absolutely no rewards from it and it should be 'rubbed in' to make sure that there is absolutely nothing that entices people to cheat, in addition to punishment being as severe as possible. Besides, its going to a man who won cleanly (or at least wasnt caught but thats not the point here and doesnt belong in discussion), not another doper.
Having 'class' and 'dignity' in sports means not having any performance-enhancing and/or banned substances in your body, it is not shown by being lenient and not bullying those who broke those rules


Take it to the clinic. BTW, I think you're wrong.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:11

Dont think it belongs in the clinic since noone here is accused of doping, no rumor or speculations, just facts. Also, you are entitled to your opinion and are free to believe that dopers are to be rewarded as long as you like them, or not have their rewards taken away as long as you like them.
I just have a different view on the subject.
damian13ster
Junior Member
 
Posts: 649
Joined: 27 May 2014 19:31

30 Nov 2014 09:12

damian13ster wrote:If you are caught doping then why would you be able to keep anything? That includes title, money, trophy. If you havent won cleanly then you should get absolutely no rewards from it and it should be 'rubbed in' to make sure that there is absolutely nothing that entices people to cheat, in addition to punishment being as severe as possible. Besides, its going to a man who won cleanly (or at least wasnt caught but thats not the point here and doesnt belong in discussion), not another doper.
Having 'class' and 'dignity' in sports means not having any performance-enhancing and/or banned substances in your body, it is not shown by being lenient and not bullying those who broke those rules


To be honest if I had been in his situation, I'd have smashed the trophy into a gazillion pieces and sent it directly to Andy with a note saying "here, it looks just like your career".
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:12

LaFlorecita wrote:Taking away the win is enough. Sending someone to take away the prizes (trophy, yellow jerseys, whatever else) is just rubbing salt into the wounds. How hard is it to make a new trophy? It's not like anyone except the person that got their results stripped and their close friends and relatives cares about those prizes anymore. So standing on someone's doorstep, ready to take them away (or badgering someone into sending them by mail) is just to hurt and bully that particular person once more. There is no other objective. The idea is just to make it clear that "haha, you're no longer the winner, we're gonna give these prizes you received 4 years ago and that have been in your living room for 4 years to another doper, hahaha, so you can no longer pretend it never happened hihihi". To be honest I expected no less from ASO. They're a bunch of bullies. RCS could teach them what "class" and "dignity" means.


I think "fanboyism" got the better of you this time.

Also, bullying?!

He is ****ing on the sport that feeds him. He is ****ing on the clean athletes that don't stand a chance, he is ****ing at the riders who never make it to the peloton, the riders who are forced to give up their dreams. He is ****ing on the fans, the sponsors and everyone involved with the sport of cycling (excluding other dopers).

He IS the bully.
User avatar Walkman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,399
Joined: 04 Apr 2010 20:39

30 Nov 2014 09:13

damian13ster wrote:Dont think it belongs in the clinic since noone here is accused of doping, no rumor or speculations, just facts. Also, you are entitled to your opinion and are free to believe that dopers are to be rewarded as long as you like them, or not have their rewards taken away as long as you like them.
I just have a different view on the subject.


No, you are speculating Contador is a doper, and speculating Andy is clean. I think you are WRONG. And even dopers don't deserve to be bullied, they are HUMAN BEINGS.

Take it to the clinic.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:14

LaFlorecita wrote:To be honest if I had been in his situation, I'd have smashed the trophy into a gazillion pieces and sent it directly to Andy with a note saying "here, it looks just like your career".


Because you lack class.

But I am going to end this discussion here.
damian13ster
Junior Member
 
Posts: 649
Joined: 27 May 2014 19:31

30 Nov 2014 09:16

Walkman wrote:I think "fanboyism" got the better of you this time.

Also, bullying?!

He is ****ing on the sport that feeds him. He is ****ing on the clean athletes that don't stand a chance, he is ****ing at the riders who never make it to the peloton, the riders who are forced to give up their dreams. He is ****ing on the fans, the sponsors and everyone involved with the sport of cycling (excluding other dopers).

He IS the bully.


Oh he is SUCH a bully. They should lock him into a cell. Heck, give him the death penalty while we're at it. What a horrible person he is.

No, Andy is the bully in this situation. We have one rider, Alberto, who has ALWAYS remained classy in interviews when he was asked about Andy. We have another rider, Andy, who has ALWAYS ****ed on Alberto in interviews, even when he wasn't even asked about him. He just brings it up because he is a bitter, whiny crybaby.

But you're just as biased as I am, aren't you, Mr Andy fanboy? :rolleyes: still can't believe someone can hate Alberto so much for being a cheater, while being such a big fan of Andy.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:18

damian13ster wrote:Because you lack class.

But I am going to end this discussion here.


Indeed, I am not anywhere near as classy as Alberto. I am a whiny *****. Just like Andy.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

30 Nov 2014 09:18

LaFlorecita wrote:No, you are speculating Contador is a doper, and speculating Andy is clean. I think you are WRONG. And even dopers don't deserve to be bullied, they are HUMAN BEINGS.

Take it to the clinic.


I am not speculating anything. He was caught with illegal substance in his body, and his TdF win was taken away. I am just saying that because he had that illegal substance in the body he shouldnt keep rewards for the win. Also, I said that the rider who was first among those that werent caught with illegal substance in their body should receive the rewards for winning the race. Once again, no speculations here.

I agree dopers are also human, how exactly does it justify them keeping profits/rewards for a win which was proven to be obtained with the help of illegal substances. I just dont agree that them having to give up all rewards is bullying
damian13ster
Junior Member
 
Posts: 649
Joined: 27 May 2014 19:31

30 Nov 2014 09:20

damian13ster wrote:I am not speculating anything. He was caught with illegal substance in his body, and his TdF win was taken away. I am just saying that because he had that illegal substance in the body he shouldnt keep rewards for the win. Also, I said that the rider who was first among those that werent caught with illegal substance in their body should receive the rewards for winning the race. Once again, no speculations here.

I agree dopers are also human, how exactly does it justify them keeping profits/rewards for a win which was proven to be obtained with the help of illegal substances. I just dont agree that them having to give up all rewards is bullying


Nothing to say here except: read up.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,701
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asero831, Ataraxus, bajbar, Balleballe, bill1109, Brullnux, Carols, Carstenbf, damian13ster, Dazed and Confused, DenisMenchov, deValtos, Eagle, etymology, Flamin, Hedser, HelloDolly, irondan, LaFlorecita, meat puppet, mihhint, PeterB, Publicus, qwer, Ramira, rhubroma, rm7, rune1107, staubsauger, Taxus4a, The Blues, togo95, Tonton, Velolover2, VO2 Max, zigzag wanderer and 117 guests

Back to top