Log in:  

Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Re: Re:

24 Apr 2016 22:11

lenric wrote:
jsem94 wrote:I remember that many of us, myself included, used to moan about Andy so much. Now we miss him. What has happened to the current crop of riders?


Sky train (which originated Astana train).


And Movistar and Orica trains.
User avatar TMP402
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,297
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re: Re:

24 Apr 2016 22:12

Valv.Piti wrote:
CheckMyPecs wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:The man who would go on RAF no matter what


Didnt he go on Redoute in 2009?

On a day like this I miss Andy. Well, I will almost miss Andy. The most aesthetic beautiful climber for me, I grew up with him. For all of his shortcomings, he is a very good man and an extremely gifted bike rider. Wish he would have won a Tour.

Well, he did.


Oh please.. I dont support riders winning at the desk, Contador has won 3 Tour's and Andy 0 in my science fiction world


The history books will show Schleck as a TdF winner.
User avatar TMP402
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,297
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

24 Apr 2016 22:18

The history books also show Scarponi won that 2011 Giro. Well.... ????
User avatar jsem94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 18:24
Location: Örebro, Sweden

Re: Re:

24 Apr 2016 22:30

Valv.Piti wrote:
Red Rick wrote:The man who would go on RAF no matter what


Didnt he go on Redoute in 2009?


That was in 2008. In '09, '10 and '11 Andy always completely blew up the field on roche au faucons.

In Amstel gold he also attacked many times on Fromberg and Keutenberg
User avatar Billie
Member
 
Posts: 1,286
Joined: 24 Jun 2013 14:09

24 Apr 2016 23:33

The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.
User avatar staubsauger
Member
 
Posts: 1,771
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 18:14

Re:

25 Apr 2016 00:58

staubsauger wrote:The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.


History books can say whatever they want, but they're meaningless if they don't support reality. :p
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
_____________________________________________________________________________
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes"
User avatar Jspear
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,944
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 03:50
Location: N. VA, USA

Re:

25 Apr 2016 01:01

staubsauger wrote:The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.


Remember the time that Schleck and Scarponi won GTs, said no one ever.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.
phanatic
Member
 
Posts: 848
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 18:39

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 04:50

lenric wrote:
jsem94 wrote:I remember that many of us, myself included, used to moan about Andy so much. Now we miss him. What has happened to the current crop of riders?


Sky train (which originated Astana train).


This, the 2012-2-15 Sky train would have brought Andy back on the Galibier on even before. At worst if the Sky train was Evans team they would have got him within a minute on the climb and Evans would have caught him on his own and passed him.
Scarponi
Member
 
Posts: 488
Joined: 21 Apr 2015 08:56

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 04:52

phanatic wrote:
staubsauger wrote:The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.


Remember the time that Schleck and Scarponi won GTs, said no one ever.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.


I am happy to call all three GT winners imo. All three deserved at least one I guess
Scarponi
Member
 
Posts: 488
Joined: 21 Apr 2015 08:56

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 06:26

Scarponi wrote:
phanatic wrote:
staubsauger wrote:The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.


Remember the time that Schleck and Scarponi won GTs, said no one ever.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.


I am happy to call all three GT winners imo. All three deserved at least one I guess

What someone deserves doesn't matter. Purito deserves a GT win too.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,699
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 06:29

TMP402 wrote:The history books will show Schleck as a TdF winner.

He may be listed as the winner but he didn't win.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,699
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Apr 2016 09:12

Schleck the Younger's elegance and panache on the bike really is missed. The Wait for the next Tour Champion who can win LBL with a memorable solo attack continues.

Image
User avatar SeriousSam
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,885
Joined: 31 Aug 2012 00:06
Location: Now here

25 Apr 2016 09:28

This pic of Schleck wearing the maillot jaune on green carpet is very frustrating, look his face, terrible and pathetic. Not the career he would like to have I guess. LBL wasn't enough with his abilities.
Isaak-Gabriel
Junior Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 16 Dec 2013 17:52

25 Apr 2016 09:31

Of course he won that Tour. "Not tripping the wire" is every bit as important as "Finishing with the best overall time".
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 14,144
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 11:31

LaFlorecita wrote:
Scarponi wrote:
phanatic wrote:
staubsauger wrote:The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.


Remember the time that Schleck and Scarponi won GTs, said no one ever.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.


I am happy to call all three GT winners imo. All three deserved at least one I guess

What someone deserves doesn't matter. Purito deserves a GT win too.


No, he doesn't. Neither does AS in my opinion. Such horrible TTists. Andreas Klöden deserves Tour title ;-)

Anyway I am surprised that some people find AS elegant on bike. I don't, but it's great to read that some do, Andy used a bike relatively smaller considering his height - and so do I :-)
Jakub
Junior Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: 28 Aug 2015 16:55

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 11:45

LaFlorecita wrote:
TMP402 wrote:The history books will show Schleck as a TdF winner.

He may be listed as the winner but he didn't win.


All our memories will die one day. The records won't.
User avatar TMP402
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,297
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 11:57

TMP402 wrote:
All our memories will die one day. The records won't.

The internet won't forget :)
Image
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,699
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Apr 2016 12:02

Hey, look, interesting. A discussion on who won the 2010 Tour.

Aahh ****
#makelottofailgreatagain

Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, great philosopher (read: random poster) of the CN.com forum
User avatar Red Rick
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,693
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Probably too lazy to do important things

Re:

25 Apr 2016 12:04

Red Rick wrote:Hey, look, interesting. A discussion on who won the 2010 Tour.

Aahh ****

Come on, we haven't had that one in a long time, it's better than Froome vs Contador :p
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,699
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

25 Apr 2016 12:07

LaFlorecita wrote:The internet won't forget :)


It will, eventually.
User avatar TMP402
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,297
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Breh, Cance > TheRest, carolina, Climbing, DJ Sprtsch, Eshnar, faucon, Geraint Too Fast, Google Adsense [Bot], Jungle Cycle, LightBing, MADRAZO, MikeTichondrius, Moviestar, SafeBet, saganftw, Suck_Out, togo95, Wallenquist and 92 guests

Back to top