Log in:  

Register

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Re:

11 Jul 2016 20:41

DNP-Old wrote:Image

Abandy seems to be doing well.

150% of his 2010 weight?
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 25,723
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

11 Jul 2016 21:56

What are you, people, trying to say?
Is there Izoard in this year's route?

That feature we haven't met in current Tour contenders.
Who knows whether Sky train would be able to bring him back.
Back then, they were still learning.

Looking satisfied.
User avatar sir fly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,139
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 16:04

Re: Re:

11 Jul 2016 22:04

LaFlorecita wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Image

Abandy seems to be doing well.

150% of his 2010 weight?



Yeah, looks healthy / normal for a change.

He always seems to come across a bit edgy and tweaked out to me.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,309
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: Land of the Long White Cloud

Re: Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

11 Jul 2016 22:32

Is Andy still in touch with some friends in the peloton? I wonder what he thinks of the current state of GT riding.
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,876
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

Re: Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

11 Jul 2016 22:43

trevim wrote:Is Andy still in touch with some friends in the peloton? I wonder what he thinks of the current state of GT riding.

Now that Contador abandoned, they will probably drink a coffee together, talk about the good old times and laugh about Alberto going to Trek ;) :D
User avatar Gigs_98
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,625
Joined: 18 Feb 2015 18:36
Location: Austria

Re: Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

12 Jul 2016 09:41

trevim wrote:Is Andy still in touch with some friends in the peloton? I wonder what he thinks of the current state of GT riding.


Why wouldn't he be?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,801
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

12 Jul 2016 10:09

Wow, seeing this picture really makes me miss Andy. He could have lightened up recent GT's. It's so weird to think about the fact that he's the same age as Froome.
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,095
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

12 Jul 2016 10:28

Was it the crash in that windy Dauphine time trial that caused the injury that ultimately did him in? Shame he ended up retiring so young.
One Eyed Aussie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 10:42
Location: Melbourne

Re:

12 Jul 2016 10:39

One Eyed Aussie wrote:Was it the crash in that windy Dauphine time trial that caused the injury that ultimately did him in? Shame he ended up retiring so young.

Nope, it's his last crash in the stage 3 of TDF 2014 who has destroyed his knee and definitely stopped his career (acl + meniscus damage). Even now he's wearing a knee pad when he practises sport.
Isaak-Gabriel
Junior Member
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 16 Dec 2013 17:52

Re: Re:

12 Jul 2016 13:00

Isaak-Gabriel wrote:
One Eyed Aussie wrote:Was it the crash in that windy Dauphine time trial that caused the injury that ultimately did him in? Shame he ended up retiring so young.

Nope, it's his last crash in the stage 3 of TDF 2014 who has destroyed his knee and definitely stopped his career (acl + meniscus damage). Even now he's wearing a knee pad when he practises sport.


Yeah. But the troubles begin in Dauphine 2012 or even when Bruyhnel get the merge with Leopard.

It's funny to see that now everybody miss him after all the hate he get back then.
User avatar VanBsr
Junior Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 07 Apr 2014 07:02
Location: Romania

12 Jul 2016 16:03

I deleted a bunch of off topic posts. Stopping that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to do more than deleting posts
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick
Moderator
 
Posts: 8,444
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: Procrastination nation

Re:

12 Jul 2016 17:00

Red Rick wrote:I deleted a bunch of off topic posts. Stopping that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to do more than deleting posts


Yeah, sorry. Shouldn't have responded to the initial post. :o

It's possibly been mentioned before, but I think Andy is a prime example of how talent isn't always enough. You need to work as well, and I think I've heard several people - himself included - say that hard Work wasn't exactly his strongest side.
Back during the Saxo Days Danish TV asked all the riders on that year's Tour team who the laziest rider was, guess who everyone pointed at... though he claimed that he was just relaxed. :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,801
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronstein, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 15 guests

Back to top