Log in:  

Register

So which dopers is Evans gonna have with him on BMC next year?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

So which dopers is Evans gonna have with him on BMC next year?

23 Jul 2011 16:27

good chance Evans steals more Anglophones. One of Vande Velde, Hesjedal, Danielson and MArtin.

Richie Porte?

Thomas Dekker?

Peter Velits?

Tony Martin?

Jelle Vanendert?

Nicholas Roche?

Someone inherits the team in 2013 so good for a 26ish rider.
the easy way (doping) is not the Norway Way - Bjorn

love the alliteration Bjorn, props there brah
User avatar blackcat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,401
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

23 Jul 2011 16:32

maybe DZ too. Horner?

What about Busche?

Maybe Jani Brajkovic.
the easy way (doping) is not the Norway Way - Bjorn

love the alliteration Bjorn, props there brah
User avatar blackcat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,401
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

23 Jul 2011 16:33

***editied by mod***
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

23 Jul 2011 16:42

blackcat wrote:good chance Evans steals more Anglophones. One of Vande Velde, Hesjedal, Danielson and MArtin.

Richie Porte?

Thomas Dekker?

Peter Velits?

Tony Martin?

Jelle Vanendert?

Nicholas Roche?

Someone inherits the team in 2013 so good for a 26ish rider.


Assuming that Och, Rihs don't get arrested first.

And remember the race is never over until all the dope tests are in, your local federation gives you a light ban, you appeal, get cleared, then the UCI appeal, and it goes to CAS and then you get your lawyers to delay the hearing for you to have a shot at the next years event.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,242
Joined: 03 May 2010 21:45
Location: Stamping on Cadel's dog

23 Jul 2011 16:52

Yeah, I would really want Ritchie Porte on my team next year. Totally invisible when it mattered then comes out with a top 5 ITT. :rolleyes: Good program.
LargusMeans
Junior Member
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 23:39

23 Jul 2011 17:14

He already has his Anglo (semi) in TJVG.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,769
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

23 Jul 2011 17:17

Man, I would love to see what was editted out of ACF's post lol. Can it be PM'd to me?
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

23 Jul 2011 17:36

ChrisE wrote:Man, I would love to see what was editted out of ACF's post lol. Can it be PM'd to me?


yeah, he/she volunteered to be Evans personal fluffer next year
the easy way (doping) is not the Norway Way - Bjorn

love the alliteration Bjorn, props there brah
User avatar blackcat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,401
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

23 Jul 2011 17:52

LargusMeans wrote:Yeah, I would really want Ritchie Porte on my team next year. Totally invisible when it mattered then comes out with a top 5 ITT. :rolleyes: Good program.


You're obviously a live ticker man. Portes job was on the flats at the start of each stage. He rode a mammoth d'Huez. You can tell he's going to win the Tour one day. I hope he stays under Riis. The kid is super smart. If Shleck had the work ethic of Porte he would have won by a country mile.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

23 Jul 2011 18:00

blackcat wrote:good chance Evans steals more Anglophones. One of Vande Velde, Hesjedal, Danielson and MArtin.

Richie Porte?

Thomas Dekker?

Peter Velits?

Tony Martin?

Jelle Vanendert?

Nicholas Roche?

Someone inherits the team in 2013 so good for a 26ish rider.


Is this - "So which dopers is Evans gonna have with him on BMC next year?" a trick question?

Surely since everyone who throws their leg over a bike is a known doper (look at their heads) then anyone he hires will be a doper.

What prize do I win.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

23 Jul 2011 18:32

Bitter--it's better than black, and goes with everything you wear.
User avatar Wallace
Junior Member
 
Posts: 678
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:13

23 Jul 2011 18:55

Ferminal wrote:He already has his Anglo (semi) in TJVG.


That could be very easily misinterpreted unless you mean it to have a double meaning.

He's already got the golden boy Phinney on his team, so that's one massive charger and his parents down.

Although I think Cuddles prefers his gimps to be German/Swiss/Italian, cheaper and much less likely to break omerta.

Oh yeah, just what was going on in DL when he was getting dropped by Wiggums?
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,242
Joined: 03 May 2010 21:45
Location: Stamping on Cadel's dog

Sour grapes

23 Jul 2011 19:02

The only performance that screamed doper this year was AS rode off from the entire Peloton. His bro FS paid Fuente for "special training". You're really in lala land.
Jol!en
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jul 2011 17:11

23 Jul 2011 19:05

Dr. Maserati wrote:Is this - "So which dopers is Evans gonna have with him on BMC next year?" a trick question?

Surely since everyone who throws their leg over a bike is a known doper (look at their heads) then anyone he hires will be a doper.

What prize do I win.


Is the "just look at their heads" model not a good one?
hatcher
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,787
Joined: 24 Jul 2010 21:16

23 Jul 2011 19:27

Oh Blackcat you're so cool I want to be just like you.
User avatar bicing
Junior Member
 
Posts: 628
Joined: 23 Nov 2009 19:29

23 Jul 2011 19:31

thehog wrote:You're obviously a live ticker man. Portes job was on the flats at the start of each stage. He rode a mammoth d'Huez. You can tell he's going to win the Tour one day. I hope he stays under Riis. The kid is super smart. If Shleck had the work ethic of Porte he would have won by a country mile.


Actually watched every stage, don't remember one time Porte was mentioned being seen on the road. And the only reason I mention Porte was early on PL kept saying the he would be ACs lieutenant on the climbs, and I never saw him do that.
LargusMeans
Junior Member
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 23:39

23 Jul 2011 20:24

Mrs John Murphy wrote:Oh yeah, just what was going on in DL when he was getting dropped by Wiggums?


June-Evans was climbing like Pantani -98 compared to Sanchez, Basso and the Schleck bros.
Tyler'sTwin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,355
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 14:28

24 Jul 2011 00:08

Roche is clean Martin clean, n
Mr. O'Clock
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: 19 Jun 2011 15:51

24 Jul 2011 01:40

Can someone tell me the point of this trollish thread?

It seems that the thread maker is just someone who has a personal vendetta against Evans and wants to bring him down.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

24 Jul 2011 02:09

ACF I think it's just a new take on an old idea. It would be unbecoming to start an "Evens and doping" thread as per TV et al, a tour champion deserves his own hypothetical doper-domestique thread. :confused:

Jol!en wrote:The only performance that screamed doper this year was AS rode off from the entire Peloton. His bro FS paid Fuente for "special training". You're really in lala land.

You refer to the performance where the entire peloton let him get away, and one man brought him most of the way back? And that screamed doper at whom exactly?

And, his brother made a payment to Fuentes several years ago therefore... is old, tired, and weak. Welcome to The Clinic. A higher standard of trolling and baiting is expected herein. :p
User avatar pedaling squares
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,842
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 03:29
Location: British Columbia

Next

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crevaison, dwyatt, FoxxyBrown1111, Ortho2034, sniper and 27 guests

Back to top