Register

National Football League

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Yesterday 18:04

Believe it or not, it's week 14, and the season is winding down, while numerous teams are still mathematically still alive (even Arizona at 3-9!), that will change with this week. No teams are on a bye anymore either.

NYJ@BUF - Going to stick with the Bills and Allen at home.
NYG@WAS - Only went with the home team, and Peterson back at full strength.
NO@TB - Bit of a revenge game for the well rested Saints.
NE@MIA - Pats historically challenged in Miami, but I went with the better team.
BAL@KC - Flacco not likely to play, but that's not a bad thing, the Ravens need the dynamic Jackson here, expect a wild game.
IND@HOU Texans keep rolling.
ATL@GB - Really hard game to predict. Who knows how the Packers will respond? However, their secondary is completely banged up, while the Falcons are somewhat healing on defense, specifically Deion Jones.
CAR@CLE - Last week's sting was a good lesson for Browns, now back home.
DEN@SF - My upset pick. Why? I think the Broncos are riding too high, they are missing a handful of defensive players, and the Niners have a solid defense.
CIN@LAC Chargers keep rolling.
DET@ARI - Ignore the win over the Packers.
PIT@OAK - Once a great rivalry, now a doormat for the Steelers.
PHI@DAL - Another upset pick of sorts. My personal feeling is that the Eagles are starting to come together, and the Cowboys are solid but have vulnerability.
LAR@CHI - Trubisky is back for the Bears, at home, stinging after last week's loss. Sub freezing Chicago temps.

MIN@SEA - Seahawks continue to quietly win.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Veteran

Yesterday 19:49

To those of us who lived in NYC. .suffered through how handsome. .completely cool Sanchez was as the Jets new Joe Namoth.including that fur coat wearing
NYT mag cover..the guy couldn't and can't play football at an NFL level. .good looking. .great dancer. .easy on the eyes for ladies. .absolutely. .QB ..no chance. .Colin is better playing padless in street clothes than Sanchez could imagine
Unchained

Re:

Yesterday 20:33

Unchained wrote:To those of us who lived in NYC. .suffered through how handsome. .completely cool Sanchez was as the Jets new Joe Namoth.including that fur coat wearing
NYT mag cover..the guy couldn't and can't play football at an NFL level. .good looking. .great dancer. .easy on the eyes for ladies. .absolutely. .QB ..no chance. .Colin is better playing padless in street clothes than Sanchez could imagine

Boy, you're right there. I didn't expect Washington's defense to collapse the way they have, but Sanchez is just spectacularly bad! Nate Peterman bad. Maybe worse than Nate actually.

Makes you realize just how good Alex Smith was, his stability and leadership were grossly underrated, even by people like me, who generally supported him.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Veteran

Re:

Yesterday 21:14

Unchained wrote:To those of us who lived in NYC. .suffered through how handsome. .completely cool Sanchez was as the Jets new Joe Namoth.including that fur coat wearing

You're right about Sanchez. However, I'd take him over Tebow any day. Yeah, Colin is definitely the better option. I'm also trying to figure out why they signed Johnson of TJ Yates as well.

Did you all see the final play of the Miami-NE game? That was crazy.
User avatar Koronin

Re:

Yesterday 21:46

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Believe it or not, it's week 14, and the season is winding down, while numerous teams are still mathematically still alive (even Arizona at 3-9!), that will change with this week. No teams are on a bye anymore either.

MIN@SEA - Seahawks continue to quietly win.

I'll pick SEA also to win, but it won't be easy: 1) MIN has a really strong front 4 D-Linemen, 2) SEA starting RG (Fluker) is out, and 3) the game plan by Seattle's Shottenheimer could be iffy. Regarding the Seattle's offensive game plan, that could make this a very interesting game. Shotty likes to establish the run, which could be difficult against the Vikes front 4. Last week, the Pats used the passing game to neutralize the MIN front 4, got the lead, then used the run game to close it out for their win against the visiting Vikes. So, will Shotty use that as a blueprint to beat the Vikes? Or will he stick to the plan to establish the run first? Those are my questions. But while mauling guard Fluker is out, backup Simmons has been solid. So, well see.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

Yesterday 21:47

Dolphins are my favorite team while the Patriots are my second favorite. That ending was insane. I'm happy for the dolphins that it increases their playoff chances while sad about the pats losing their grip. I hope they both win their last games. If only the dolphins didn't choke against Colts and Bengels.
User avatar SHAD0W93

Today 01:25

Some crazy games it seems.Stephen A Smith to go feral on the Steelers. Texans loss surprised me not to mention the Raiders win but not so much some of the other results.
movingtarget
Veteran

Previous

Return to General