Register

Best/favorite TV series ever

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

29 Mar 2019 11:31

Red Rick wrote:
Red Rick wrote:Watching Bodyguard now. It's great.

Finished it yesterday.

Best TV show I've seen in years.

Now all there is to it is waiting for more seasons and be disappointed.

I still don’t think series 2 has been officially commissioned yet, but I don’t think it will be long, series 1 was absolutely huge over here.
User avatar Pricey_sky

29 Mar 2019 12:40

Pricey_sky wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Red Rick wrote:Watching Bodyguard now. It's great.

Finished it yesterday.

Best TV show I've seen in years.

Now all there is to it is waiting for more seasons and be disappointed.

I still don’t think series 2 has been officially commissioned yet, but I don’t think it will be long, series 1 was absolutely huge over here.

I've looked a bit and the writer talks about having ideas for 4/5 seasons.

I don't think this kind of show can hold momentum for that long.

It reminds me of Homeland and I quit that after like 5 seasons.
Veni, Vidi, Ricky

I came, I saw, I complained about a route design.
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

08 Apr 2019 01:46

Some of my favorite series that are still running (and already have 3 seasons at least): Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Last Kingdom, and of course GoT. Short series (1 season): The Terror, Altered Carbon. Series still running with less than 3 seasons: American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Deadly Class.

How I can find the time to watch all of these? Most of these series have alternating schedules, which helps. :lol:
Mavic

Re:

08 Apr 2019 04:34

Mavic wrote:Some of my favorite series that are still running (and already have 3 seasons at least): Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Last Kingdom, and of course GoT. Short series (1 season): The Terror, Altered Carbon. Series still running with less than 3 seasons: American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Deadly Class.

How I can find the time to watch all of these? Most of these series have alternating schedules, which helps. :lol:

I want to see The Terror and Into the Badlands. Handmaid's Tale is pretty good. Will start watching American Gods when GOT finishes.
movingtarget
Veteran

08 Apr 2019 21:45

movingtarget wrote:
Mavic wrote:Some of my favorite series that are still running (and already have 3 seasons at least): Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Last Kingdom, and of course GoT. Short series (1 season): The Terror, Altered Carbon. Series still running with less than 3 seasons: American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Deadly Class.

I want to see The Terror and Into the Badlands. Handmaid's Tale is pretty good. Will start watching American Gods when GOT finishes.

I'd recommend them all obviously. Into the badlands has some of the best fighting scenes you'll see as well as a pretty interesting storyline. The terror is just non-stop suspense. American Gods is, well, different, in a way that gets you hooked as the mystery slowly unravels. I love it personally. Might take some getting used to though, it's probably not for everyone. Hope you enjoy them as much I do.
Mavic

15 Apr 2019 19:38

GoT 8x1 was a bit of a slow one innit?
Veni, Vidi, Ricky

I came, I saw, I complained about a route design.
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re:

15 Apr 2019 23:52

Red Rick wrote:GoT 8x1 was a bit of a slow one innit?

Setting the stage for what's to come I suppose. I thought it was okay but only five eps to go.
movingtarget
Veteran

16 Apr 2019 02:00

I didn't think it was bad, slow, yes, but I assume these were things that they wanted (or felt they needed) to get out of the way. It's gonna have to be an intense 5 episodes from here on out. I feel like there's so much that still needs to happen. Why do all good things have to come to an end :o Last time I felt like this was the final season of Breaking Bad. I suppose I wouldn't want it to be dragged out like The Walking Dead either. :rolleyes: Plus everything in this series has led up to this moment supreme. :)
Mavic

17 Apr 2019 11:28

movingtarget wrote:
Red Rick wrote:GoT 8x1 was a bit of a slow one innit?

Setting the stage for what's to come I suppose. I thought it was okay but only five eps to go.

its closer to 6.5 hours though.
Singer01

Previous

Return to General