Log in:  

Register

Wiggins Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

05 Feb 2014 13:13

even if talks bullshiit a lot, i still like him as a rider and i really hope these aren't just words. i would love to see again wiggo at 2012 level.
roubaix i don't know, still seems very difficult to happen
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,520
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

05 Feb 2014 15:47

theyoungest wrote:There's a stage finish at 7000 feet in the Tour of Cali... I don't know much about the actual climb, but a few kilos extra are probably gonna hurt.


ok, haven't looked at the Parcours. Maybe the P-R talk is BS and Wiggo will be in GT/GC shape. We will see.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,355
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2014 17:21

So wiggins at Roubaix...hmmmm :rolleyes:
It´s a dream of his?

Well if he actually does it, cadeau, but I don´t see the purpose, to huge risk of injuries.
User avatar Butterhead
Junior Member
 
Posts: 711
Joined: 27 Dec 2013 13:41

05 Feb 2014 17:49

Butterhead wrote:So wiggins at Roubaix...hmmmm :rolleyes:
It´s a dream of his?

Well if he actually does it, cadeau, but I don´t see the purpose, to huge risk of injuries.


Purpose?

Porte is captain in Italy.
Froome takes care of France.
What else should he do?
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,355
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2014 18:10

Dazed and Confused wrote:Purpose?

Porte is captain in Italy.
Froome takes care of France.
What else should he do?


aim to La Vuelta ;)
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,551
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

05 Feb 2014 18:23

hfer07 wrote:aim to La Vuelta ;)


I think he prefers crashing in P-R.

Also I don't think he can add much value at the Vuelta regardless of form. Sky better send some youngsters.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,355
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2014 19:16

theyoungest wrote:There's a stage finish at 7000 feet in the Tour of Cali... I don't know much about the actual climb, but a few kilos extra are probably gonna hurt.


Also there's a summit finish at Mount Diablo again, which is only 3800 feet but is an HC climb and kicks up to 15% for the last 300m which I can tell you from first hand experience can hurt quite a bit.

Some good points upthread - Wiggins' plans don't make much sense except as a bucket list and to give him stuff to do that won't clash with Froome or Porte. Someone who hates the rain and cold and has never displayed much tactical nous is going to Paris-Roubaix? And someone who's been too heavy to climb for most of the last year is then doing the Tour of California, with not much time in the middle to lose the weight?
User avatar vedrafjord
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 03:35
Location: Land of Ire

05 Feb 2014 19:55

vedrafjord wrote:Also there's a summit finish at Mount Diablo again, which is only 3800 feet but is an HC climb and kicks up to 15% for the last 300m which I can tell you from first hand experience can hurt quite a bit.

Some good points upthread - Wiggins' plans don't make much sense except as a bucket list and to give him stuff to do that won't clash with Froome or Porte. Someone who hates the rain and cold and has never displayed much tactical nous is going to Paris-Roubaix? And someone who's been too heavy to climb for most of the last year is then doing the Tour of California, with not much time in the middle to lose the weight?


Mount Diablo stage result from last year:

1 KöNIG Leopold [[url]www.procyclingstats.com][/url] Team NetApp – Endura 20 30 3:54:17
2 ACEVEDO CALLE Janier Alexis Jamis - Hagens Berman 14 18 0:07
3 VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC Racing Team 8 12 0:12
4 ROGERS Michael Team Saxo-Tinkoff 7 7 ,,
5 FRANK Mathias [[url]www.procyclingstats.com][/url] BMC Racing Team 6 4 0:23
6 BUSCHE Matthew RadioShack - Leopard 5 3 0:29
7 CRADDOCK Lawson Bontrager Cycling Team 4 2 0:32
8 MANCEBO PEREZ Francisco 5-hour Energy 2 1 0:38
9 MENDES José Team NetApp – Endura 0:44
10 DE MAAR Marc [[url]www.procyclingstats.com][/url] UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis ,,
11 DENNIS Rohan Garmin Sharp ,,
12 MEYER Cameron Orica GreenEDGE 0:48

Looks contained imo.

Any details about the TT this year?
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,355
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2014 21:57

Rolling out Wiggins big gob again. He's only interested in one thing and that's his face in the lime light for a TDF that starts in the UK. Thank **** Sky have not arranged a hand crafted route for him like 2012. Not that it would matter as Froome is aloud to try his hardest these days. Roubaix !, what a joke. Great Athlete but he talks so much **** !.
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 755
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

05 Feb 2014 22:00

jens_attacks wrote:even if talks bullshiit a lot, i still like him as a rider and i really hope these aren't just words. i would love to see again wiggo at 2012 level.
roubaix i don't know, still seems very difficult to happen


You like him as a rider ! ?. Are you a tester too ? lol.
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 755
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

05 Feb 2014 22:00

Wiggins back to 2012 shape could cause some drama if he suddenly wants to ride for himself at le tour. The old champ coming back to take on the new guy, kind of like Astana in 2009.
User avatar the sceptic
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,484
Joined: 21 Jul 2012 20:17

05 Feb 2014 22:01

arvc40 wrote:You like him as a rider ! ?. Are you a tester too ? lol.


I hope he is at 2012 level at TDF too. Then we can all watch him get smashed and confirm once again what everybody already knows.
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 755
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

05 Feb 2014 22:04

the sceptic wrote:Wiggins back to 2012 shape could cause some drama if he suddenly wants to ride for himself at le tour. The old champ coming back to take on the new guy, kind of like Astana in 2009.


lol !. Thats a good one. Its going to be Froome v an improved Contador
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 755
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

05 Feb 2014 22:18

arvc40 wrote:lol !. Thats a good one. Its going to be Froome v an improved Contador


Contador, Andy are the past. They won't get anywhere near Froome and Porte at the Tour.

I'm hoping Wiggins shows off his bile parking skills in 2014, http://youtu.be/6YKC_hDg2Zg was pretty cool, Wiggins we want more this year!
Proud member of the 'don't believe the PR from Slipstream Sports' Club.
User avatar BYOP88
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,515
Joined: 26 May 2009 17:12

05 Feb 2014 22:24

BYOP88 wrote:Contador, Andy are the past. They won't get anywhere near Froome and Porte at the Tour.

I'm hoping Wiggins shows off his bile parking skills in 2014, http://youtu.be/6YKC_hDg2Zg was pretty cool, Wiggins we want more this year!


I wouldn't be so sure, because both could surprise you really bad.
User avatar Marco Pantani
Junior Member
 
Posts: 753
Joined: 09 Mar 2012 17:35
Location: Germany

05 Feb 2014 22:49

Dazed and Confused wrote:Purpose?

Porte is captain in Italy.
Froome takes care of France.
What else should he do?


:D Tour of Beijing maybe?
User avatar Butterhead
Junior Member
 
Posts: 711
Joined: 27 Dec 2013 13:41

05 Feb 2014 22:51

BYOP88 wrote:Contador, Andy are the past. They won't get anywhere near Froome and Porte at the Tour.

I'm hoping Wiggins shows off his bile parking skills in 2014, http://youtu.be/6YKC_hDg2Zg was pretty cool, Wiggins we want more this year!


Wishful thinking. Wiggo is the past.
User avatar Butterhead
Junior Member
 
Posts: 711
Joined: 27 Dec 2013 13:41

05 Feb 2014 23:23

Butterhead wrote:Wishful thinking. Wiggo is the past.


Where did I say Wiggins was going to win? I just want more petulant behavior from him.
Proud member of the 'don't believe the PR from Slipstream Sports' Club.
User avatar BYOP88
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,515
Joined: 26 May 2009 17:12

05 Feb 2014 23:25

BYOP88 wrote:Contador, Andy are the past. They won't get anywhere near Froome and Porte at the Tour.

I'm hoping Wiggins shows off his bile parking skills in 2014, http://youtu.be/6YKC_hDg2Zg was pretty cool, Wiggins we want more this year!


Contador will get near, Wiggins most certainly will not. Firstly they must all arrive in good health. That's easier said than done.
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 755
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

05 Feb 2014 23:27

Froome loses 5 minutes on the cobbels, Wiggins declares he wants to be the leader. Whos excited?
User avatar the sceptic
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,484
Joined: 21 Jul 2012 20:17

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 70kmph, Anderis, BrentonOfTheNorth, Dazed and Confused, Flinstone, Freddythefrog, Hedser, HelloDolly, IndianCyclist, Inquitus, McLovin, ray j willings, Tank Engine, togo95, Zee and 142 guests

Back to top