Register

Wiggins Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 May 2014 12:34

Walkman wrote:Just read this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2637642/CHRIS-FROOME-EXCLUSIVE-Who-needs-drugs-I-mountains-fuelled-espresso.html

Just look at this.

I can't believe it. He must be such a p*ssy. Quitting the race?! OMG, that's so insane, talk about a guy who is pathetic.

That story's been known for a long time, at least 18 months.
elfed68

24 May 2014 12:37

elfed68 wrote:That story's been known for a long time, at least 18 months.

Ok, this was new to me. Made me see Wiggins in a whole new light. I just can't believe how you could even consider abandoning the race.
User avatar Walkman

24 May 2014 12:45

Walkman wrote:Ok, this was new to me. Made me see Wiggins in a whole new light. I just can't believe how you could even consider abandoning the race.

I think in cycling terms it's a big thing to disobey team orders and attack your leader.

I can't think of another sport where there's a team but any of the members can win outright, rather than the team as a collective, like football, rugby, cricket, etc.

I'm sure another member will be better informed than myself on the subject.
elfed68

24 May 2014 12:57

elfed68 wrote:I think in cycling terms it's a big thing to disobey team orders and attack your leader.

I can't think of another sport where there's a team but any of the members can win outright, rather than the team as a collective, like football, rugby, cricket, etc.

Formula 1
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

24 May 2014 13:04

Netserk wrote:Formula 1

Yes, quite right but it's not a collection of players all aiming for the same objective.

Bobby Moore didn't win the world cup, neither did Martin Johnson, it was England in both sports.

So why is it not Team Sky, La Vie Claire, etc

Any other sports?
elfed68

24 May 2014 13:55

elfed68 wrote:Yes, quite right but it's not a collection of players all aiming for the same objective.

Bobby Moore didn't win the world cup, neither did Martin Johnson, it was England in both sports.

So why is it not Team Sky, La Vie Claire, etc

Any other sports?

Surely you'd say the defending WC is Vettel, not Red Bull, no?
User avatar Netserk

24 May 2014 14:05

Netserk wrote:Surely you'd say the defending WC is Vettel, not Red Bull, no?

Yes, of course, we've agreed on formula one already.
elfed68

24 May 2014 14:09

Ah, sorry misunderstood you. The two names didn't say anything to me.
User avatar Netserk

24 May 2014 15:45

elfed68 wrote:I think in cycling terms it's a big thing to disobey team orders and attack your leader.

Long distance running would be the obvious parallel.
sck451

26 May 2014 15:50

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

This guy,Wiggins, is such an ***.I know its a book written by his 'opponent' and their relationship is bad,some things are exaggerated but important part (the core) are true imo.
I mentioned it few times here and I know lot of people have same kind of opinion,but wow he is not a man in any kind of point of view of this word.He is so weak mentally (we all know even physically lol),childish,selfish etc etc
My english is not enough to express everything about him and how much I dont honor this human being.
And from sports point of view I will say this, I would rather see win Pantani,Ulrich,Hamilton,Riis,Viranque,Armstrong and even that big *** Landis Tour 10 times than Sir Bradley dumbass once in his life.
For me its the biggest disgrace of modern cycling that can be ever reached (in comparison with him Im a Froome lover lol:o)
And Im not overreacting,and I am 100% serious about this.Its incredible how weak this man is really.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

26 May 2014 16:33

ILovecycling wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

This guy,Wiggins, is such an ***.I know its a book written by his 'opponent' and their relationship is bad,some things are exaggerated but important part (the core) are true imo.
I mentioned it few times here and I know lot of people have same kind of opinion,but wow he is not a man in any kind of point of view of this word.He is so weak mentally (we all know even physically lol),childish,selfish etc etc
My english is not enough to express everything about him and how much I dont honor this human being.
And from sports point of view I will say this, I would rather see win Pantani,Ulrich,Hamilton,Riis,Viranque,Armstrong and even that big *** Landis Tour 10 times than Sir Bradley dumbass once in his life.
For me its the biggest disgrace of modern cycling that can be ever reached (in comparison with him Im a Froome lover lol:o)
And Im not overreacting,and I am 100% serious about this.Its incredible how weak this man is really.

Slight over reaction there...
elfed68

26 May 2014 16:52

elfed68 wrote:Slight over reaction there...

lol I wrote in my post its not overreaction:rolleyes:,Im serious and I wrote that post like an hour after I read that article and weighted up if I should write that post heavily.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

26 May 2014 19:18

ILovecycling wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

I'm no fan of Wiggins as a person myself but the article reflects much worse on Froome! Selfish and arrogant. Paid to protect the leader but didn't agree so took thugs into his own hands despite a clearly struggling team leader. Maybe he should move into football.
User avatar CycloAndy

26 May 2014 19:19

You mean paid to be the leader.

Or so he thought.
User avatar roundabout

26 May 2014 19:46

Compare this anglosaxon/sky nonsense to what just happened in team astana.
The senior Italian Scarponi could easily pack up and go home now he is no longer leader - but he doesn't he stays on to boost Aru's morale.
User avatar TourOfSardinia

26 May 2014 23:08

roundabout wrote:You mean paid to be the leader.

Or so he thought.

Paid as much as a leader maybe, but paid to be a leader?? He must be an idiot aswell! Every man and his dog knew that Wiggins was the leader, with Froome there as back up. Even as second in command, only a special kind of **** would abandon their leader when he is in the lead but struggling. It's a shame Sky's two least likeable riders have been their leaders.
User avatar CycloAndy

27 May 2014 07:11

CycloAndy wrote:I'm no fan of Wiggins as a person myself but the article reflects much worse on Froome! Selfish and arrogant. Paid to protect the leader but didn't agree so took thugs into his own hands despite a clearly struggling team leader. Maybe he should move into football.

Uhm…did you watched the race? Froome speaks the truth which is nice to hear. Bradley is an egoistic, undeserving prick. Take stage 17 for example. Froome could easily have caught Valverde and won the stage but Wiggins did not let him go! :eek:

And at the point, Nibali was already dropped and there was only 2,5km left. Can you seriously believe how much of a ******bag Wiggins must be?

Imagine:

Froome: Since we dropped all the GC-threats and it's only 2,5 km to go, can I attack and take the stage win?
Wiggins: Actually, I don't like to put my nose into the wind, so NO. You will stay here and pace me all the way up.

Of course Froome is ****ed since he was denied chances to win stages just because Wiggins ego could not take it.
User avatar Walkman

28 May 2014 23:14

User avatar gooner

28 May 2014 23:21

What's this "Plan B" business DB is cooking up? Wiggo said he was ok to ride in support of Froome...Besides DB seems rather delusional about little Richie Porte's abilities about being a plan B especially with the crap season he's had so far.
webvan

29 May 2014 00:33

the media is cooking up 'plan B' , not brailsford
willbick

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing