Register

Wiggins Discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Jun 2014 12:47

dduff442 wrote:Great stage (and comment thread).

It looked to me like Porte dropped off a little too easily. Same with Hesjedal (who seemed to have tons of energy all of a sudden once the camera started showing him drifting back). I'd guess they've other objectives for the race. Also, Sky hardly needed Porte for an 800m climb with the firepower they have.

Oops - wrong thread.
User avatar dduff442

11 Jun 2014 13:26

So does Henao replace Wiggins in the Suisse line-up or maybe one of the Giro riders?

Wiggins was training on the track again today and has put on weight so whatever happens he surely won't be a factor in the GC.
JRanton

11 Jun 2014 13:32

JRanton wrote:So does Henao replace Wiggins in the Suisse line-up or maybe one of the Giro riders?

If they're going to put up good results would it make the most sense for him to replace Knees or Dombrowski? Not that I know much of anything about assembling a team for a World Tour bike race, but it seems like he could do more work for another leader or put up better results himself than those guys.
christopherrowe

11 Jun 2014 13:36

I'd hope to see Dombro remain, he needs racing miles after missing a lot of racing with knee problems in the early season.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

11 Jun 2014 13:43

JRanton wrote:So does Henao replace Wiggins in the Suisse line-up or maybe one of the Giro riders?

Wiggins was training on the track again today and has put on weight so whatever happens he surely won't be a factor in the GC.

I think wiggins jut had enough with it. And he decided to put some weight and go on his way. He knew that he is not going to make TDF team no matter how Brailsford spins it. With Henao comes back, it's just a confirmation that he won't make the TDF team (Henao will lead sky at TdS, the last news I read). Wiggins probably wasn't even planning to be competitive at TdS anyway. Maybe winning ITT stage and go from there.
User avatar Jelantik

12 Jun 2014 20:12

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys reading the news that Henao might be team leader in Switzerland?

As far as I know, Team Sky still has nine men listed on their eight-man list for Tour de Suisse. At least I haven't seen any confirmation of whose spot Henao is taking.

And what news out of Camp Wiggins about Switzerland? Or is it all track prep for the Games?
christopherrowe

12 Jun 2014 21:39

christopherrowe wrote:Just out of curiosity, where are you guys reading the news that Henao might be team leader in Switzerland?

As far as I know, Team Sky still has nine men listed on their eight-man list for Tour de Suisse. At least I haven't seen any confirmation of whose spot Henao is taking.

And what news out of Camp Wiggins about Switzerland? Or is it all track prep for the Games?

Henao has said on their team website that he would like to make the TdF team. He has also said he will have to have a good performance in Switzerland in order to make the cut for the TdF. Wiggins on the other hand knows that he will not be going to the Tour. He has already starting training for track....Personally I think these facts show who will be leading in Switzerland.
Vino attacks everyone wrote:I have come to realise that I actually want AC to win this tour as much as I want Niali to win, cause I want to have experienced someone doing the double :eek:
User avatar Jspear

12 Jun 2014 22:51

christopherrowe wrote:As far as I know, Team Sky still has nine men listed on their eight-man list for Tour de Suisse. At least I haven't seen any confirmation of whose spot Henao is taking.

I can't find the news that I read about wiggins is already qualified already for commonwealth games and he has gain weight. And also about Henao most likely will lead sky at TdS. I like reading news from all over the world.

but he is definitely will line up in switzerland.
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/henao_returns_to_racing_in_the_tour_de_suisse/
User avatar Jelantik

13 Jun 2014 15:15

christopherrowe wrote:Just out of curiosity, where are you guys reading the news that Henao might be team leader in Switzerland?

Henao has replaced Cataldo in the Suisse line-up and will lead the team. Wiggins to target the time trial.
JRanton

13 Jun 2014 15:51

JRanton wrote:Henao has replaced Cataldo in the Suisse line-up and will lead the team. Wiggins to target the time trial.

That's the end of that then :(
elfed68

13 Jun 2014 15:58

JRanton wrote:Henao has replaced Cataldo in the Suisse line-up and will lead the team. Wiggins to target the time trial.

Why would you post this without a link or at least telling us where you got the news?
User avatar jaylew

13 Jun 2014 16:18

TEAM SKY
41 WIGGINS Bradley (GBR)
42 DEIGNAN Philip (IRL)
43 DOMBROWSKI Joseph (USA)
44 HENAO Sergio (COL)
45 KENNAUGH Peter (GBR)
46 KNEES Christian (GER)
47 ROWE Luke (GBR)
48 SWIFT Ben (GBR)

Thats the official line up. No indication Wiggins isnt leading the team, considering his number.
User avatar fowlyetti

13 Jun 2014 16:18

elfed68

13 Jun 2014 16:19

Agreeing with jlew here, I of course don't doubt you (I'd already seen word of Henao taking Cataldo's spot and posted it elsewhere), but I would like to see the article/interview/tweet or whatever as well. Not as confirmation so much, mind (again, I don't doubt you), but out of a completist's desire for context and nuance.
christopherrowe

13 Jun 2014 16:22

I did just find this quote from Henao in an interview with him at the Team Sky website from a couple of days ago.

We haven’t finalised our tactics yet for the Tour de Suisse, we’ll discuss that in detail when we get to the race, but I’m looking forward to working for the team and I’m sure we can have a really strong race.
christopherrowe

13 Jun 2014 16:26

elfed68

13 Jun 2014 16:37

Wiggo ftw!!! ! !!!
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

13 Jun 2014 20:07

Anybody else seen the source for JRanton's report about Wiggins only targeting the time trial and team riding for Henao on GC?
christopherrowe

13 Jun 2014 21:15

Hm - tried to add this earlier, and I don't see it. Something disappeared into the ether.

But I would just like to add this shout-out:

[SIZE="6"][color="Green"]Wiggins for Orica GreenEdge!
Goooooo Wiggo! Gooooo Orica![/color][/SIZE]
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

13 Jun 2014 21:16

Then it posts twice in one go! What's up with that?
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing