Register

Cyclocross Calendar 2011-12

Skinny tyres, drop handlebars and mud. Lots of mud.

18 Dec 2011 23:02

El Pistolero wrote:Mud comes, Pauwels fades :)

Great race, deserved victory by Nys.

flat tire at a bad time, judgement withold. still did well to salvage 4th place.

but i do think flats were quite common today :p and I don't think he would have done better then 3rd anyway.
RIP Craig, you'll be missed friend.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo

19 Dec 2011 12:18

Timmy-loves-Rabo wrote:flat tire at a bad time, judgement withold. still did well to salvage 4th place.

but i do think flats were quite common today :p and I don't think he would have done better then 3rd anyway.

Meh, he was trailing behind for most of the race. Niels Albert still isn't in top shape yet finished second on both muddy courses while Pauwels "sucked" at both. Nys also had a flat tire yet still won the race. I hope Stybar doesn't win the WC again at Koksijde, he just sucks this season. But he sucked last year as well and all of a sudden won the WC.

I expected more from Boom, like a tenth place or something, but he'll be better prepared now at the spring classics compared to last year if nothing goes wrong.

I'm also very glad Niels Albert is back. Cyclo-cross was getting very boring without him. Especially since I'm his #1 fan on this forum :D
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

26 Dec 2011 15:04

Ouch, poor Stybar, that's gotta sting...
User avatar spalco

26 Dec 2011 16:18

Yes, poor Stybar...and Nys, although I don't think Nys would have won but I would have liked to see him defend his WC lead in the sprint.
User avatar 120mmStem

27 Dec 2011 13:13

Woops forgot to watch this.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2011 13:14

120mmStem wrote:Yes, poor Stybar...and Nys, although I don't think Nys would have won but I would have liked to see him defend his WC lead in the sprint.

He has pretty much won all his sprints so far against Pauwels unless something happened(like a crash or mechanical)

User avatar El Pistolero

28 Dec 2011 15:22

Niels Albert wins again.

User avatar El Pistolero

30 Dec 2011 13:59

Isn't today's race live on Sporza? :(
Der Effe

30 Dec 2011 14:09

Der Effe wrote:Isn't today's race live on Sporza? :(

http://superprestige.vt4.be/

enjoy!
User avatar 120mmStem

30 Dec 2011 14:28

120mmStem wrote:http://superprestige.vt4.be/

enjoy!

Cheers :cool:
Der Effe

30 Dec 2011 14:51

no, not on Sporza today, here is another link http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-3.php
long live Zesdaagse!
User avatar CobbleStoner

01 Jan 2012 15:44

Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

08 Jan 2012 10:16

Belgian Champs today, no Wellens, he's out with a heart disease apparently :/
Doping sucks

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".

08 Jan 2012 12:58

Michielveedeebee wrote:Belgian Champs today, no Wellens, he's out with a heart disease apparently :/

what? really, heart disease? that is usually a career ending diagnosis. wish him the best. I want to go watch the Dutch Nats live, but don't want to miss the Belgian Nationals on tv, what to do... enjoying the Rotterdam Zesdaagse now, go Iljo!
long live Zesdaagse!
User avatar CobbleStoner

08 Jan 2012 13:04

CobbleStoner wrote:what? really, heart disease? that is usually a career ending diagnosis. wish him the best. I want to go watch the Dutch Nats live, but don't want to miss the Belgian Nationals on tv, what to do... enjoying the Rotterdam Zesdaagse now, go Iljo!

Not a disease, more like multiple organ failure; according to my mom (doctor :p) it could be a consequence of his Cytomegaloivirus infection of 2 years ago. It's a virus that can flare up every couple of years :s
Doping sucks

08 Jan 2012 14:24

Nys trashing the field:D
Doping sucks

08 Jan 2012 15:04

Magnificent victory for Nys!!!! :)
User avatar Moose McKnuckles

08 Jan 2012 17:47

Surprise in Germany: Chris Pfingsten beat Phil Walsleben. I don't know if the latter is still sick. Heule also defeated in Switzerland.

In France, Duval (& Charlotte) finally put an end to Mourey's streak. :D Chainel had a pedal problem in the sprint and finished 2nd. :p We could see him coming these last few weeks, actually.

And Franzoi is still unable to recapture his title from Fontana. :mad:
Echoes

08 Jan 2012 18:27

That commentator yelling on the USA Nationals feed is really really annoying.

Compton putting down the hammer.

08 Jan 2012 18:50

Compton wins 8th straight national title by 2 minutes.

PreviousNext

Return to General