Register

2012 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Oct 2011 04:53

PN suits contador more. But his presence will be interesting.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo

22 Oct 2011 06:42

Does anyone know what the Dauphinie course looks like. I think Andy should do that instead of Switzerland anyways. He will have to get something to take the place of ToC as well so he can get his long peak going. Klodi would be a much better choice at Switzerland ( more ITT km )

Wondering how Goss shall plan his season. With Cam Meyer at TDU there may not even be a point going there as he shall get some publicity. However he will be in good form for the Aus Nats and will then get a win hopefully at TDU and that attention might be even better just in terms of public awareness in Australia. He will then probably sustain that till M-SR and G-W, until going to the TDF. He could also maybe do the Vuelta for the fun of it, especially if GE get WT
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

22 Oct 2011 10:16

The Hitch wrote:Might even come first in cq finaly. Hes been runner up 4 years in a row.

And if Valverde owns those Spanish week races like he used to,+ adds some classics and a good gt placing, I wouldnt be surprised to see Contador finish 2nd for a 5th year running.

Because Valverde is going to come back and dominate straight away :rolleyes:
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

22 Oct 2011 10:18

greenedge wrote:
Wondering how Goss shall plan his season. With Cam Meyer at TDU there may not even be a point going there as he shall get some publicity. However he will be in good form for the Aus Nats and will then get a win hopefully at TDU and that attention might be even better just in terms of public awareness in Australia. He will then probably sustain that till M-SR and G-W, until going to the TDF. He could also maybe do the Vuelta for the fun of it, especially if GE get WT

I think Goss will go to TDU. GreenEdge will want a big showing there so Goss for some stage wins and Meyer for the overall on Wilunga.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.

22 Oct 2011 10:32

greenedge wrote:Does anyone know what the Dauphinie course looks like. I think Andy should do that instead of Switzerland anyways. He will have to get something to take the place of ToC as well so he can get his long peak going. Klodi would be a much better choice at Switzerland ( more ITT km )

Andy doesn't ride the Tour de Suisse to win it, it's just to get some race miles in before the Tour. His form works in mysterious ways, I don't think the Dauphiné fits into that dynamic.

auscyclefan94 wrote:I think Goss will go to TDU. GreenEdge will want a big showing there so Goss for some stage wins and Meyer for the overall on Wilunga.

I think Goss could hold on to the overall lead on Willunga, it's not the Mur de Huy or something. Meyer isn't really a good enough climber to create a race winning gap.
theyoungest

22 Oct 2011 10:42

15-20 seconds + bonus and then Goss would have to do very well in sprint stages
User avatar roundabout

22 Oct 2011 10:57

roundabout wrote:15-20 seconds + bonus and then Goss would have to do very well in sprint stages

In saying that, if a good climber doesn't lose time and goes to Down Under with decent form they could really take it away from the sprinters.

22 Oct 2011 11:00

theyoungest wrote:Andy doesn't ride the Tour de Suisse to win it, it's just to get some race miles in before the Tour. His form works in mysterious ways, I don't think the Dauphiné fits into that dynamic.

I always assumed Schlecks do the TDS because of their friendship with Cancellara.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

22 Oct 2011 11:00

roundabout wrote:15-20 seconds + bonus and then Goss would have to do very well in sprint stages

Yes, if there's a break like the Evans-Sanchez-Valverde one last year, Goss can forget it.

The Hitch wrote:I always assumed Schlecks do the TDS because of their friendship with Cancellara.

Maybe, but most importantly it's one long training ride two weeks before the Tour.
theyoungest

22 Oct 2011 11:07

theyoungest wrote:
Maybe, but most importantly it's one long training ride two weeks before the Tour.

I wonder how The Hog feels about that.
18-Valve. (pithy)

22 Oct 2011 11:08

The TDU generates a lot of debate all things considered.
simo1733

22 Oct 2011 11:12

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:I wonder how The Hog feels about that.

Well, since his own riders use the very same race as preparation (even Armstrong did, last year) I think he agrees.
theyoungest

22 Oct 2011 11:15

theyoungest wrote:Yes, if there's a break like the Evans-Sanchez-Valverde one last year, Goss can forget it.

Dont forget Sagan.

Obviously I meant, why they do TDS instead of Dauphine.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

22 Oct 2011 11:29

The Hitch wrote:Dont forget Sagan.

Obviously I meant, why they do TDS instead of Dauphine.

Don't forget Hagen :p
Gloin22

22 Oct 2011 11:30

Gloin22 wrote:Don't forget Hagen :p

Hagen wasn't in that break...
theyoungest

22 Oct 2011 14:58

theyoungest wrote:Well, since his own riders use the very same race as preparation (even Armstrong did, last year) I think he agrees.

Armstrong changed his schedule last year.

Maybe because he lacked racing miles, decided that he didn't want to face Contador before the Tour, or for Clinic reasons. Who knows. In any case, it was a change of plans.
18-Valve. (pithy)

22 Oct 2011 15:00

theyoungest wrote:Hagen wasn't in that break...

Thought Hitch was mentioning Sagan as one of the favourites for TDU... so I metnioned Hagen as well :o
Gloin22

22 Oct 2011 15:24

JRanton wrote:According to a Guardian cycling journalist, Geraint Thomas has confirmed he will ride the Giro and not the Tour next year before concentrating on the team pursuit in London.

Velo Nation has an article which implies that Froome will ride the Tour in support of Wiggins and will then lead the team at the Vuelta.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cycling/15208779.stm

Geraint's programme hasn't been decided yet, but he's talking about missing the classics :confused: as well as the tour to concentrate on the track for the olympics. He seems to be planning to ride the Vuelta.
User avatar Tank Engine

22 Oct 2011 15:26

Tank Engine wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cycling/15208779.stm

Geraint's programme hasn't been decided yet, but he's talking about missing the classics :confused: as well as the tour to concentrate on the track for the olympics. He seems to be planning to ride the Vuelta.

That kid can't combine anything huh?

Why not focus on the Olympic road race instead and ride the classics and the Tour?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

22 Oct 2011 16:21

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Armstrong changed his schedule last year.

No sh.t, Sherlock. That's why I said "even Armstrong".

El Pistolero wrote:That kid can't combine anything huh?

Why not focus on the Olympic road race instead and ride the classics and the Tour?

Because he can't win a medal in the road race?
theyoungest

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing