Register

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

14 Jun 2019 23:55

jmdirt wrote:As I've stated a few times, while I completely appreciate his skill I don't like the character that is Steph (I obviously don't know how he is in person so...) . So it will come as no surprise that I also question his post game facetime with Drake. He/his team just lost the NBA finals and he is laughing and joking on the phone with a rapper. I know times are different, but would Bird, Magic, or Air do that? I can't imagine it. I would be crushed, mad, sad...not happy to joke around with a fan from the other team. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm 'picking' on Steph, I feel like James has softened up and would probably do the same thing. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man! :D

Bad to hear that Klay T has a torn ACL.

i need a holiday from both of them. Watching Curry chewing on his mouth guard on his own, sitting on the floor while his team mates were gathered around Klay Thompson who was injured, said it all. The other one is just painful and I have nothing against Raptors fans and I'm not a Warriors supporter. I thought it was good for the league that they won and I expected them to win after the first few games. As great as Curry is, he has been found out in the playoffs a few times now. The ACL injury for Thompson is just another blow for the Warriors. Now the league goes into one of the most interesting post playoffs for a while with so many elite players expected to be moving on in free agency. But first the draft.........
movingtarget
Veteran

16 Jun 2019 15:16

AD to LA! If King James can get back up, they will be a good duo. If they also manage to lure Kawhi...

LaVar Ball can start bagging on the Pelicans and NOLA now.
jmdirt

Re:

16 Jun 2019 17:02

jmdirt wrote:AD to LA! If King James can get back up, they will be a good duo. If they also manage to lure Kawhi...

The only place Kawhi is going is the nearest realtor in Toronto.
User avatar the delgados

16 Jun 2019 20:21

Many saying that this will put a decent team on the floor for the Lakers..?. I hope so. Still a the past two years teams..a nosebleed is@$350bucks..so if they start winning I hate to see what a Tuesday night game ticket goes for!!
I am not joking but it's near @$7-800 dollars to see a Laker game..even before King James came to town!!
Unchained

Re:

16 Jun 2019 23:44

Unchained wrote:Many saying that this will put a decent team on the floor for the Lakers..?. I hope so. Still a the past two years teams..a nosebleed is@$350bucks..so if they start winning I hate to see what a Tuesday night game ticket goes for!!
I am not joking but it's near @$7-800 dollars to see a Laker game..even before King James came to town!!

Utterly ridiculous prices.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re:

16 Jun 2019 23:48

jmdirt wrote:AD to LA! If King James can get back up, they will be a good duo. If they also manage to lure Kawhi...

Griffin isn't the type to much up with much BS from the Balls. Both teams won but of course the Lakers need Lebron and AD fit to play.........and they still have cap space to add another good player. With so many good players moving in the off season or probably moving, it's going to be interesting.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re: NBA / NCAA Basketball

18 Jun 2019 16:03

Well, that was fun!
Aside from some yokel in the crowd of two million people, it seems everyone took the day off work and extended a parade that was supposed to last 2 hours and made it a five-hour festival of joy.
Thankfully I watched it from home, otherwise I would have been one of tens of thousands of people stuffed into a small space without even the most basic amenities --e.g. a toilet. There were multiple reports of people being carried off due to one type of exhaustion or other, but that s the bad news.
Oh, wait. Shootings and poor parade planning aside, I have a sinking feeling that more bad news is to come.
I don't think Kawhi is going to stay. What better time and place to announce a contract extension than in front of two million people after being given the key to the city in a goofy but endearing presentation by the mayor of Toronto. The fact he kept mum says to me he has made up his mind and is going home to Cali.
Kawhi, we hardly knew ya, but we lurve you just the same as when we witnessed you pull off the most dramatic shot in NBA playoff history.
Kawhi, if you are reading this (and why wouldn't you be doing so (q) you not only have a key to the city, you have a key to my heart.
Godspeed, friend.
User avatar the delgados

21 Jun 2019 10:48

Top NBA draft picks went as expected. Hawks traded with the Pelicans for the fourth pick.
movingtarget
Veteran

Previous

Return to General