Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 14:28

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

What good faith gesture has kim made? over to you...and please, not 'i promise'...the NK leaders have been lying for 3 generations.

And there’s a great chance they will lie this time as well.

So you are for a war with NK then? Just say it.

I'm for an agreement negotiated in good faith on both sides from a position of strength when BOTH sides give up equally to reduce tensions. 'For a war'..your tendency throw out sound bites to try to 'prove' something is tiresome. djt likes to throw BS out there for the press(no more wargames, we're leaving Syria soon)..shows he's probably not the best person to be doing this..'master negotiator''..joke.
NK is threatening South Korea/Japan/US/US territories TODAY..how is today different than the 11th, except we lose some essential readiness? Over to you.
User avatar Bustedknuckle

14 Jun 2018 14:31

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

BUT what did kim conceed in this negotiation? What, still waiting for any reasonable answer from you.

Progress toward North Korean denuclearization. It could turn out to be a pretty big deal.

WHAT 'progress'? Cuz he said it? Anything concrete? BTW-denuclearize the Korean PENINSULA..that means South Korea too..No more US ships/subs..no more US nukes in SK. No more US 'nuke umbrella'...ya ok with that?

gullible, naive, pollyanna..but djt is your boy so it's all good...

I'm not a huge fan of Reagan but he would have NEVER negotiated with the USSR like djt did with NK. He would have NOT given up anything unless they did too(and it was then verified, then it would be given up). This unilateral disarmament is appeasement so donnie can get his TV moment. disgustng.

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jun 2018 14:50

More disgusting
A party in which a president is praised for his harsh denunciations of North Korea, and then can reverse itself so rapidly that a party member is seen as disloyal if he has a bad word about that regime, is a cult.

This is insane. Sandra Smith of Fox News actually challenged Marco Rubio for criticizing murderous dictator Kim Jong Un. Geez. It was bad enough when Fox just defended wannabe authoritarians.

Yup, kim is donnie's new best friend..
and
Today, Donald Jr. — coincidentally also a manifestly untalented heir to a maniacal authoritarian leader — was asked on the state-news program about the charge that the party has become a Trump cult. He did not exactly deny it. “If it’s a cult,” replied Trump, “it’s because they like what my father is doing.”

They liked Jim Jones too... :surprised:

14 Jun 2018 14:55

Scott SoCal wrote:Oh good. I’ve missed Velocity.

she was not dumb enough to actually go around and talk about pardoning herself

Nope, she just had her lackeys do it for her. Aren’t you glad she didn’t actually win?
Will have to wait until after the World Cup, though. Hopefully there will be no mushroom clouds before then. Will leave everybody with something a rich businessman said about celebrating deals too early.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The reason great dealmakers do not OPENLY celebrate a deal, especially one that is not complete, is that it shows weakness to the other side

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/404926289569939456
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore

14 Jun 2018 15:02

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
1945 was a bit before my time. We could do it again. Kinda sounds like what you alarmists are pushing. Give peace a chance, eh? Or not. Just let me know when the end is near. I’m sitting on some exceptional libations And I would hate for it to go to waste.

Where were you when PRESIDENT Obama said that he would talk to anybody, even Kim, if it meant peace was a result. He was roundly hammered by the fools on trump TV(Faux news), most notably that fat moron hannity. Did you hammer him too? You like to do that but gee..this guy does the very same thing(altho with hugs and kisses) with kim and trump tv and the trumpistas are nothing but praise..my, my.
Don the dope quotes.
"North Korea has great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding cannons into the ocean... Wouldn't that make a great condo? ... You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea. You have China. And they own the land in the middle. How bad is that? Right? It's great."

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse."

On whether there was a recording of the meeting between Trump and Kim: “I don’t have to verify, I have one of the great memories of all time.”

Forehead slap....

The last guy said he’d do many things. Said he wouldn’t do many things. He tended not to keep his word.

And you accuse me of doing the same thing..I 'hate' djt, so he does nothing right. You hated PRESIDENT Obama, so he did nothing right..we are both right...and both wrong...

14 Jun 2018 15:24

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

What good faith gesture has kim made? over to you...and please, not 'i promise'...the NK leaders have been lying for 3 generations.

And there’s a great chance they will lie this time as well.

So you are for a war with NK then? Just say it.

I'm for an agreement negotiated in good faith on both sides from a position of strength when BOTH sides give up equally to reduce tensions. 'For a war'..your tendency throw out sound bites to try to 'prove' something is tiresome. djt likes to throw BS out there for the press(no more wargames, we're leaving Syria soon)..shows he's probably not the best person to be doing this..'master negotiator''..joke.
NK is threatening South Korea/Japan/US/US territories TODAY..how is today different than the 11th, except we lose some essential readiness? Over to you.

Brilliant. Where do we start, at the end or at the beginning?

For a war

NK is threatening South Korea/Japan/US/US territories TODAY..how is today different than the 11th, except we lose some essential readiness?

Im guessing Kim still understand our capabilities are about the same as they were yesterday.

It becomes difficult to tell what you are for. I realize you’d rather have Hillary giving Kim a red plastic ‘reset’ button but we are now where we are.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 15:27

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

BUT what did kim conceed in this negotiation? What, still waiting for any reasonable answer from you.

Progress toward North Korean denuclearization. It could turn out to be a pretty big deal.

WHAT 'progress'? Cuz he said it? Anything concrete? BTW-denuclearize the Korean PENINSULA..that means South Korea too..No more US ships/subs..no more US nukes in SK. No more US 'nuke umbrella'...ya ok with that?

gullible, naive, pollyanna..but djt is your boy so it's all good...

I'm not a huge fan of Reagan but he would have NEVER negotiated with the USSR like djt did with NK. He would have NOT given up anything unless they did too(and it was then verified, then it would be given up). This unilateral disarmament is appeasement so donnie can get his TV moment. disgustng.

I would just offer, to you, taking a deep breath and let this play out. You will have plenty of time to pick everything apart.

As with most negotiations, neither side will get everything they want.

Can you acknowledge this is a start even if underwhelming?
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 15:38

Bustedknuckle wrote:

And you accuse me of doing the same thing..I 'hate' djt, so he does nothing right. You hated PRESIDENT Obama, so he did nothing right..we are both right...and both wrong...

I was a critic of Obama, that much is true. Disagreed with a lot of what he did especially when it was clear he’d hurt the economy and the most vulnerable for ideological reasons and other things like exiting Iraq for both made up and ideological reasons There’s things he did to keep us afloat in 2009 that certainly kept us from having much bigger problems. There were many things he did where I believe his heart was in the right place... ACA as an example. I really think he thought it was an important first step towards some version of a national healthcare system and I am quite sure he thinks that would benefit most Americans. I don’t like how it came to be and I disagree with the concept for lots of reasons that I’m not super interested in re-hashing them for the umteenth time.

I’m more than willing to give Obama credit where it’s do and I never thought the guy was a f’ing monster. Weak, ineffective, ideological, incompetent, yes.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 15:42

Meanwhile;

New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week and the number of Americans on jobless rolls declined to a near 44-1/2-year low, pointing to a rapidly tightening labor market.

Layoffs have remained very low amid signs of growing worker shortages across all sectors of the economy. There were a record 6.7 million job openings in April. The number of unemployed people per vacancy slipped to 0.9 from 1.0 in March, indicating that most people looking for a job are likely to find one.

The claims report also showed the number of people receiving benefits after an initial week of aid declined 49,000 to 1.70 million in the week ended June 2, the lowest level since December 1973. The four-week moving average of the so-called continuing claims decreased 3,750 to 1.73 million, also the lowest level since December 1973.

Best of luck in November boys.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/us-weekly-jobless-claims-june-9-2018.html
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 16:48

It is strange that in one of Chewbacca's posts he makes ref to American spending on health care and that the results are inferior..same w the American prison system...same w American court system...same w education..same w American transportation...we have all needed everything including doctors,eng,scientists
Why is the US not getting the best results?

Why did Trump shake hands w a guy who murdered his brother?
Unchained

Re:

15 Jun 2018 05:04

Unchained wrote:It is strange that in one of Chewbacca's posts he makes ref to American spending on health care and that the results are inferior..same w the American prison system...same w American court system...same w education..same w American transportation...we have all needed everything including doctors,eng,scientists

Not so long ago there was an online quiz about American backed dictators who were cannibals - at least Kim didn't eat his brother (or we don't know yet).
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

15 Jun 2018 06:49

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/27/trump-is-actually-doing-his-foundation-a-favor-by-storing-its-portrait-his-golf-resort-wall-his-adviser-says/
"There are IRS rules which specifically state that when a foundation has an item, an individual can store those items — on behalf of the foundation — in order to help it with storage costs," Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn said on MSNBC. "And that's absolutely proper."

MSNBC's Hallie Jackson pressed Epshteyn. Was he really talking about the $10,000 portrait that was recently discovered — by an Univision journalist — at the Champions Bar and Grill? "You're telling me that that is storage, for Mr. Trump?" Jackson.

"Right, of course, he’s doing a good thing for his foundation," Epshteyn said.
Epshteyn seemed to imply that Trump was also "storing" two other items that he bought with the Trump Foundation's money: a six-foot-tall portrait of Trump himself, bought for $20,000, and a football helmet autographed by former quarterback Tim Tebow. Trump bought the helmet for $12,000.

So Trump did not buy things for himself, but is just "storing" the portrait of himself on a wall of his "Restaurant Fit For A Champion". Oh, it all makes sense now. :lol:

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

15 Jun 2018 09:07

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-trump-joked-that-north-korean-propaganda-is-even-better-than-fox-news
President Donald Trump reportedly joked that Fox News is not as friendly toward him as North Korean state TV is toward Kim Jong Un. According to The Washington Post, Trump cracked the joke after watching how North Korea’s state-run TV network covered his meeting with Kim. He also jokingly suggested, according to the Post, that the main North Korean TV anchor should get a job with a U.S. network.

I suppose Kim said he gets better ratings then Trump. Look out! :D

User avatar Robert5091

15 Jun 2018 11:29

Hey Scott, other than 1950, has North Korea ever 'attacked' the US? Why yes they have..and donnie's response? Why of course, fire the National Cyber 'Czar'..brilliant.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/05/trump-closes-job-opening-for-cyber-czar-raising-protests-from-congress/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/dhs-north-korea-malware-campaign/index.html

At least the 2 fat boys got their photo op and we can rest easy, "we are no longer threatened by North Korea"..it's a another TV moment..you must be very proud scott.

Re:

15 Jun 2018 11:32

Unchained wrote:It is strange that in one of Chewbacca's posts he makes ref to American spending on health care and that the results are inferior..same w the American prison system...same w American court system...same w education..same w American transportation...we have all needed everything including doctors,eng,scientists

Ask scott..all seems great now..we are no longer under any threat from NK, kim and his best bud donnie, said so.

15 Jun 2018 11:38

So scott, do you agree that China is essential to this little TV dance, that may reap rewards, with NK?
Then why oh why?..China has stated that they will exit stage left if the US goes ahead with this..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/15/us-china-trade-war-trump-to-announce-tariffs-despite-beijings-influence-on-north-korea.html
In a statement Friday, President Donald Trump said the measures will affect Chinese goods "that contain industrially significant technologies." The action comes "in light of China's theft of intellectual property and technology and its other unfair trade practices," he added.

Trump noted that the White House could impose additional tariffs if China retaliates with duties of its own on American crops or other products. China is expected to level tariffs on American goods in response to the U.S. action.

If nothing else maybe wait a few days? dum trump team, why am I not surprised? Say bye-bye to help with NK...
Last edited by Bustedknuckle on 15 Jun 2018 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Re:

15 Jun 2018 12:18

Scott SoCal wrote:Meanwhile;
Best of luck in November boys.

Absolutely..so scott, where is soybeans and bourbon made? How about manufacturers that depend on non US steel and aluminum..do I need to show ya a map of blue and red states? don's timing is perfect..for the midterms.
Beijing has already drawn up a list of $50bn in US products that would face retaliatory tariffs, including beef and soybeans - a shot at Trump's supporters in rural US.

Wall Street has viewed the escalating trade tensions with wariness, fearful that they could strangle the economic growth achieved during Trump's watch and undermine the benefits of the tax cuts he signed into law last year.

"If you end up with a tariff battle, you will end up with price inflation, and you could end up with consumer debt. Those are all historic ingredients for an economic slowdown," Gary Cohn, Trump's former top economic adviser, said at an event sponsored by The Washington Post.

Trump's calls for billions in tariffs could also complicate his efforts to maintain China's support in his negotiations with North Korea.

brilliant timing!! Just in time for the midterms..nice GOP crew here.
A record number of white nationalists are running for national office in 2018, including people who deny the Holocaust occurred and advocate for segregation.
One of the candidates said President Donald Trump speaks to people like him when he decries "globalists."
At least eight people associated with white nationalists groups are running for office this year.
Last edited by Bustedknuckle on 15 Jun 2018 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

15 Jun 2018 12:36

Hey scott, didn't you whine about PRESIDENT Obama use of drones? That was you,right?
Since President Trump took office, the U.S. has carried out more airstrikes in more places, expanded its use of drones and been increasingly willing to risk civilian casualties.

The bottom line: Under Barack Obama, the U.S. pounded ISIS from the air and made heavy use of drones. Trump seems to have taken those tactics into hyperdrive in pursuit of shock, awe and a quick victory. With a flood of other news to sift through, America has hardly noticed the shift.

By the numbers: The U.S.-led coalition carried out nearly 12,000 airstrikes (manned and unmanned) in Iraq and Syria last year. The uptick, which has since subsided, corresponded with a spike in civilian casualties.

Rachel Stohl of the Stimson Center writes for Axios Expert Voices that Trump has made U.S. drone policy "less restrained, transparent and accountable."

"The administration has reversed course on measures designed to bring drone use out of the shadows, eliminated the requirement that a target pose an 'imminent threat,' and loosened the requirement of 'near certainty' that the target is present — all while refusing to confirm or deny that changes to such policies and procedures have been made."
"It has also increased the frequency and geographic scope of lethal drone strikes, especially in areas where stricter rules around the use of force were previously in place." Those areas include Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia.

A recent Amnesty International report, which has drawn vehement objections from the Pentagon, accuses the U.S. of possible war crimes over "indiscriminate" attacks in the battle last year to retake the Syrian city of Raqqa from ISIS.

15 Jun 2018 12:58

I wonder how many South Koreans or Americans this guy killed when the North invaded the South?
don really is an ignorant boob..
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/video-shows-president-trump-saluting-north-korean-general-1256073283842

15 Jun 2018 13:01

guiliani puts his foot in mouth again..what a surprise. Cohen is gonna sing like a tweety bird..donnie is in trouble.
Cohen's associates say that in recent days he has become increasingly irritated by statements made in the media by the president's lawyer in the Russia investigation, Rudy Giuliani. A source tells CBS News the president's allies are trying to attack Cohen in the event that he does flip.

Nice choice donnie.

PreviousNext

Return to General