Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

16 Mar 2019 00:44

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Robert5091 wrote:Remember Venezuela? First power blackout, now oil refinery fire.
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/03/14/591057/Venezuela-terrorist-attack-fire-oil-facility-Guaido-United-States
Venezuela says the US and the country’s Washington-backed opposition are behind a “terrorist attack” on an oil facility in the crisis-hit Latin American state.

The blaze broke out at the Petro San Felix heavy oil processing plant in eastern Venezuela late Wednesday. There were no reports of casualties.

Speaking to state television, Oil Minister Manuel Quevedo accused the head of the opposition-ruled Congress, Juan Guaido, who has named himself as Venezuela’s interim president, for triggering the incident.

The minister said on Twitter that Guaido and the opposition were "intensifying terrorist incursions" against the state-owned oil company PDVSA to impact Venezuela's vital crude exports.

‘US after bloodshed’

Quevedo also accused Guaido of collusion with the United States. "Traitors!" he wrote, adding "the US has decided to rob Venezuela of its oil resources... (and) wants blood to flow."

I remember and we in the US have our very own version of Maduro.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.html
I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad

This should scare the shite out of everybody..except the ignorant 'deplorables, of course..trump really is an idiot.
Remove him and there will be a military-supported coup to keep him in office? Yeegads.

I admit that I'm not a USA political history buff, but has the President of the USA ever blatantly threatened a political party like that? Plus, dt likes to brag about his amazing intelligence, but an intelligent person doesn't make threats like that public for many reasons.
jmdirt

Re: U.S. Politics

16 Mar 2019 13:22

I admit that I'm not a USA political history buff, but has the President of the USA ever blatantly threatened a political party like that? Plus, dt likes to brag about his amazing intelligence, but an intelligent person doesn't make threats like that public for many reasons.

trump is an amazingly ignorant person who doesn't think and speak 'well' on his feet. Unscripted he appears the moron and this is just an example. Should scare people but in reality, he DOESN'T have the support of the military or LEOs for any kind of armed insurrection or coup..What's gonna happen is he is going to be humiliated at the polls in 2020, trump will wone abp voter fraud and maybe even try to stay put..he's that stuid..BUT, unfortunately, the 'deploraables' listen and believe what this dunce and other liars in his administration, say(like the little nazis and liars, steve miller and sarah huckaby).
In an interview with Brietbart News published on Wednesday, Trump noted: “I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough – until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.”
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran

Re:

16 Mar 2019 17:52

Unchained wrote:https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-says-he-doesnt-need-daily-intelligence-briefing-because-hes-smart_us_5b55a1b3e4b0cf38668f78b3

Here's words of wisdom

Several things: that's an old interview (but very characteristic of him), smart people don't have to tell you that they are smart (over and over and over...), he was already planning for eight years as soon as he took office ("I don't need the same briefing for eight years").
jmdirt

16 Mar 2019 20:08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MsznEsxOPkE

Here's another classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7CtNEUm8M

This guy knows science..and also a great deal about horses.

And as a guy who has spent lots of time working with roughnecks out on oil rigs and has been underground w coal miners..I mean he's the total package. I am sure there are lots of camping,fishing and hiking photos..but the liberal media and democrats hid them..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpea8lunJ0w

One thing Trump never has an answer for..how did Obama become an editor of a law review..most involved day the process is done anonymously..by merit alone.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cMKQnpt8s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Elhyo-_fR0E

Trump claims to have been the best in his class..clerical error at Wharton..Trumps name not in the top 50? Why no correction?
Unchained

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Mar 2019 00:37

Merckx index

17 Mar 2019 02:33

That's him?
Unchained

17 Mar 2019 04:58

Sam Harris has suddenly gone very quiet. Cant think why.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

17 Mar 2019 07:15

Bustedknuckle

I remember and we in the US have our very own version of Maduro.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.html
I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad

This should scare the shite out of everybody..except the ignorant 'deplorables, of course..trump really is an idiot.
Remove him and there will be a military-supported coup to keep him in office? Yeegads.

Trump could not seem more like Putin if he tried.

"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

17 Mar 2019 07:39

macbindle wrote:Sam Harris has suddenly gone very quiet. Cant think why.

Checked to see if this was true.

It's not.

You seem to have just made this up on the spot, like Brailsford. But I'm sure you are totally honest about everything else and all your other attempts to tarnish Sam. :cool:
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

17 Mar 2019 12:59

The Hitch wrote:
macbindle wrote:Sam Harris has suddenly gone very quiet. Cant think why.

Checked to see if this was true.

It's not.

You seem to have just made this up on the spot, like Brailsford. But I'm sure you are totally honest about everything else and all your other attempts to tarnish Sam. :cool:

At time of posting, Harris's Twitter feed was full of retweets of other people repudiating the contribution made by general Islam bashing culture towards the climate that allowed the NZ massacre. Harris gave it (pseudo) intellectual credibility. Its sick, but as an acolyte I don't expect you to see the continuum.
Last edited by macbindle on 17 Mar 2019 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar macbindle

17 Mar 2019 13:36

The right/conservative movement into (beleated) postmodernism would be interesting without its consequences.
aphronesis
Veteran

17 Mar 2019 14:32

Facist English thug, Tommy Robinson (yes, Hitch, a real facist) is posting videos trying to say that he doesn't hate Muslims....just Islam. This is the man that headed up a neo-facist street group which lead marches through Muslim communities under the pretence of protesting about "Muslim rape gangs". Because white English rape gangs are ok.
User avatar macbindle

17 Mar 2019 15:02

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/trump-attacks-late-sen-john-mccain-over-role-in-spreading-russia-dossier/

Here's another reason as an American veteran or citizen you can't support Trump. Besides 2+ years into his presidency he still talks constantly about Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton..he takes hacks at McCain.
Does anyone really think that dismantling the entire health care system overnight will be a resounding success? No
McCain's no vote was no bigger deal than the dozen members who just voted no on Trump's national emergency.
Trump has multiple time bombs activated at the same time, most w locations unknown. Instead of first,he was last on airline safety concerns, had a chance to stand together w allies on so many issues, white nationalist hate the latest failure.
Mexico didn't pay for the wall like he promised. Medicare and Medicaid are obviously not going to be protected like he promised. Trade wars are not so easy to win as he promised. Coal? Not creating new jobs or bringing back dead ghost towns as he dreamed.
And his single voted on public proclamation..reducing revenue for government and cutting taxes ,and giving increased welfare to farmers and big business is turning out to be another farce added to the mountains of bullscit, he has pooped upon us.
Newspapers,TV,magazines and as Trump recently cried about,late night comedy hosts all talk smack about Trump..he claims everything is untrue..
So if everything is a lie,why no lawsuits? Not even an injunction to cease and desist? He knows..or his legal team knows that he is toast..truth is truth..did you meet w Russians? Did you call anybody Steve Apple? Is Alec Baldwin too close for comfort?
Unchained

17 Mar 2019 17:50

A few things need clarification..the President needs to be asked to elaborate on if he plans to deploy a military militia...as he suggested..if democrats get out of hand..and will he be using the federal police force to investigate marginal comedy as he threatened..the idea that our police would turn on the general population at Trump's will is wrong..him implying it is fvckin, stupid.
Dckhead Donald needs to know he speaks for and to all of us every time he opens his old orange mouth
Unchained

17 Mar 2019 19:32

Clearly Trump is planning to ride his crassness and vulgarity to the next élections. He is the go-to example for the worst attributes in mankind. Over 40% of Americans approve!
"This comment qualifies as a shining example of the "anyone who disagrees with my perspective is a dolt" leftist, intolerant mish-mash of shallow thinking." - Scott SoCal
User avatar frenchfry

17 Mar 2019 19:52

This guy is older than Trump and Bernie and Obama's sidekick!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFP7w2rC8W4
Unchained

17 Mar 2019 22:20

aphronesis
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General