Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: U.S. Politics

10 Jul 2019 06:01

Funny I seem to recall this whacko drivel being regurgitated here, along with several other Breibart missives straight from their handlers:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/conspiracy-theory-about-slain-dnc-staffer-was-planted-russian-intelligence-n1027826
Conspiracy theory about slain DNC staffer was planted by Russian intelligence, report finds
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

10 Jul 2019 10:23

red_flanders wrote:Funny I seem to recall this whacko drivel being regurgitated here, along with several other Breibart missives straight from their handlers:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/conspiracy-theory-about-slain-dnc-staffer-was-planted-russian-intelligence-n1027826
Conspiracy theory about slain DNC staffer was planted by Russian intelligence, report finds

I feel sorry for the guy's parents who had to put up with a pile of sh*t from idiots online and at Fox.
Anything about Fran Millar goes in The Clinic.
User avatar Robert5091

10 Jul 2019 13:53

It is that kind of story that makes it hard to believe the recent defense that Russia had no influence over the votes cast. Once Seymour Hersh ran with this, it infected the left wing. Who knows how many people voted third party or stayed home as a result?

I find it humorous looking back on the usual suspects posting about Seth Rich how credulous they were about the integrity of Kim Dotcom and the others fanning the flames on this whopper. I found another one where the source is Gateway pundit. LOL. (Incidentally he was also the sole source of the Clinton/ Assange drone comment that was found to be equally BS.)

viewtopic.php?p=2228952#p2228952
viewtopic.php?p=2116702#p2116702
viewtopic.php?p=2111116#p2111116
viewtopic.php?p=2074318#p2074318
viewtopic.php?p=1999005#p1999005
None of us alone are as stupid as all of us together.
djpbaltimore

10 Jul 2019 16:09

red_flanders wrote:Funny I seem to recall this whacko drivel being regurgitated here, along with several other Breibart missives straight from their handlers:

I'll have to start with the preface that my memory is suspect! :confused: That being said, I remember that 'drivel being regurgitated' by people looking for something, anything. Interestingly enough, the people who ran with this haven't posted in this thread for quite some time and one is in self exile. I'll look at dj's links...

To be honest though, with politicians and their $upporters anything is possible so that is why things like this are possible until proven not.

I wonder if I replied at the time...
jmdirt

10 Jul 2019 21:15

This word salad from Trump should be put in a time capsule for posterity labeled "WTF were we thinking".

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1149013891512492033
djpbaltimore

Re:

10 Jul 2019 22:31

djpbaltimore wrote:This word salad from Trump should be put in a time capsule for posterity labeled "WTF were we thinking".

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1149013891512492033

Jim Jefferies has a skit about dt and part of it jokes about this ^...his supporters love him because they 'get him'. "Make America Great Again". "Hey, I know all of those words and I like great things!". "Yes, the kidney is part of the heart, I think I remember that from Jr. High".
Last edited by jmdirt on 11 Jul 2019 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
jmdirt

11 Jul 2019 14:38

No need for any Russian help on this..they are eating themselves from within..go figure. And what does Nancy Pelosi know anyway? AOC is the Dem Party Whisper..she has even wider appeal to middle America!!!
She should go turbo stumping maybe Iowa,Nebraska,Kansas..she is super popular!!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-pelosi-congress-democratic-20190711-vxgp765hrbf6pb3bne6lxgbmpa-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NydnRss+%28Top+Stories+-+NY+Daily+News%29
Unchained

Re:

11 Jul 2019 22:34

Unchained wrote:No need for any Russian help on this..they are eating themselves from within..go figure. And what does Nancy Pelosi know anyway? AOC is the Dem Party Whisper..she has even wider appeal to middle America!!!
She should go turbo stumping maybe Iowa,Nebraska,Kansas..she is super popular!!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-pelosi-congress-democratic-20190711-vxgp765hrbf6pb3bne6lxgbmpa-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NydnRss+%28Top+Stories+-+NY+Daily+News%29

I'm not going to defend NP, nor reprimand the young politicians, but public infighting will just help dt and his gang. McConnell and Graham are dancing in the halls. The young lefties need to ask themselves if they want more dt.

EDIT: Still not a reprimand, but an observation: O-C seems to enjoy the celebrity more than the work. If she truly wants to start bringing things her way, she will need to do the work first.
jmdirt

12 Jul 2019 02:03

Why do they think that this will produce an accurate count? It won't. They can't be that stupid! What else is going on here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGG_iL2Ab-g
jmdirt

12 Jul 2019 03:30

Robert5091 wrote:

I feel sorry for the guy's parents who had to put up with a pile of sh*t from idiots online and at Fox.

Indeed, and one would expect contrition if not an apology for pushing these obvious lies. Faith doesn’t work that way though.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

12 Jul 2019 03:48

To be clear,when a student from any country is in the US they deserve full service..in case of earthquake,medical emergency..which could mean a hospital visit or extended stay. People in the US deserve police protections..and the emergency and non emergency services of professional fire departments. So if the AirBnB or dorm starts on fire we need reaction. If you are or are not a citizen you have a bowel movement..we need to know and get sewer systems built and maintained for people in our community regardless of citizenship.
If people are in our schools,we need to know how the education they receive is paid for, schools should be asking for payment. But how many buses ,police and fire departments have zero to do with citizenship.

The President may see something different than I do..obviously.
The constitution commands him to count people not citizens.
The citizens have asked that people be counted accurately,as inexpensively and expeditiously as possible..always legally.without question.
The courts determined that many of the details of Trumps methodology are illegal and immoral,because of lying.
The Congress also disagrees with Trump.
Existing law is in disagreement.

Immigration has zero to do with the constitutional mandate to count the population of the United States.
When an earthquake,fire,act of terror..natural disaster..happen we need rough ideas about how many people are in a area.
Unchained

Re: Re:

12 Jul 2019 18:40

jmdirt wrote:I'm not going to defend NP, nor reprimand the young politicians, but public infighting will just help dt and his gang. McConnell and Graham are dancing in the halls. The young lefties need to ask themselves if they want more dt.

EDIT: Still not a reprimand, but an observation: O-C seems to enjoy the celebrity more than the work. If she truly wants to start bringing things her way, she will need to do the work first.
I have to disagree with you on that assertion. Watch her questioning of Powell this week or Michael Cohen from the spring. Or her posts from the detention centers. She was very effective at her actual job, unlike the majority of congresspeople who look about as prepared as Trump does. Whether she needs to be fanning these social media grievances with the Ben Shapiros of the world is another story. She could probably pick her battles better.
djpbaltimore

12 Jul 2019 20:46

Want a job at the White House? Just go on Fox and attack Trump's enemies -
https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-remove-dan-coats-director-of-national-intelligence-2ba4275d-7624-4f4b-9026-ee0d0606ce32.html
President Trump has told confidants he's eager to remove Dan Coats as director of national intelligence, according to five sources who have discussed the matter directly with the president.
Trump has told people that he likes Fleitz and has "heard great things." Fleitz has publicly criticized Coats and even called for Trump to fire Coats on Lou Dobbs' Fox Business program after Coats' Senate testimony. Fleitz accused Coats of undermining and "second-guessing" the president.
User avatar Robert5091

12 Jul 2019 20:49

https://www.thedailybeast.com/house-votes-to-block-trumps-power-to-strike-iran-without-getting-congressional-approval?ref=home
The House of Representatives voted to block President Trump’s ability to strike Iran without first getting congressional approval on Friday. In a 251-170 vote, lawmakers showed bipartisan support to pass the bill, with 27 Republicans joining Democrats to approve it, The New York Times reports.
The vote comes amid escalating tensions between the U.S. and Iran, as well as a promise from Trump of “obliteration” if Iran were to attack the U.S. first. Rep. Rohit Khanna (D-CA) spoke out in support of the bill ahead of its passage Friday, saying “it will be a clear statement from members of Congress on both sides of the aisle that this country is tired of endless wars, that we do not want another war in the Middle East.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

13 Jul 2019 01:47

djpbaltimore wrote:
jmdirt wrote:I'm not going to defend NP, nor reprimand the young politicians, but public infighting will just help dt and his gang. McConnell and Graham are dancing in the halls. The young lefties need to ask themselves if they want more dt.

I have to disagree with you on that assertion. Watch her questioning of Powell this week or Michael Cohen from the spring. Or her posts from the detention centers. She was very effective at her actual job, unlike the majority of congresspeople who look about as prepared as Trump does. Whether she needs to be fanning these social media grievances with the Ben Shapiros of the world is another story. She could probably pick her battles better.

Her questioning is OK, but I get the feeling that even that is for show. If her message gets lost on me, it really gets lost on people right of me. You do bring up a very important and disappointing point: most of congress is useless.
jmdirt

13 Jul 2019 04:00

What we should probably figure out is what's up with raping children? When was that ever o.k.?
Acosta has to explain..he says his objectives were achieved. Perp in jail and and registered as a sex offender.
When Epstein said he had houses in NYC, Southampton, New Mexico,California,Florida and Virgin Islands..so 13 year old girls and their families in those places knew a kid rapist was living in their community?
We have a President that is twisted, men killed and dismembered..all is ok..
Now our President doesn't say anything about the kids raped photographed,video taped,violated and Trump says he feels bad for Acosta because he was doing a great job.
Unchained

14 Jul 2019 06:57

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cqmCtZmpI

Not everyone remembered when Trump was managing motorcycle stunt men!!!!
Unchained

14 Jul 2019 22:43

HMMM, IMO, its strange to tell people to go back to the country that they came from when they are from the USA.

Also, strange to talk that way when you have multiple wives who are from other countries.

Oh wait, they aren't white, now I see what he means! :rolleyes: FYI dt, you aren't the color of the people who were here before you!
jmdirt

14 Jul 2019 23:19

Trump's techniques are brilliant on the most basic level.
Like tossing a stone or stick into a distant bush to distract..
get a chase started over nothing.
Trump is bad..sure but look at his last @10 days, his HS chief goes door to door, telling newspapers and TV shows that the treatment that migrants are receiving is "adequate" . Trump calls stories about shelter conditions "fake" or " unverified ".
Pence was also strategic. Came to San Diego..was at North Island. The border is not @15 minutes by car and way less..probably @5 minutes by helicopter, which there are dozens at the Naval Air Station NI.
San Diego full of detention facilities, potential border cross folks all over Tijuana.. Iron Mike didn't make a visit..not to the busiest,most problematic border crossing in the US and one of the busiest in the world.
Nope he didn't bother.
Instead Pence went to Texas ,took a micro tour and all the press coverage and official comments contradicted everything else Team Trump has been saying.

Now for the genius part..Trump had to dismiss another cabinet door..this time Acosta for not doing child molester 101 procedures. Ooops.
But for Trump it was minor as the Democrats cage match each other and get off the topic of facts and credibility.
Trump has kids being photographed and filmed during sex acts..and his comments were " we all make mistakes ".
Why did any Democratic branch not call an emergency meeting about professional conduct for Acosta..?
Instead the weeks headlines are about the Pelosi -AOC catfight.
There was wide spread criticism of Trump conducting @half the country's business via Twitter and Fox news and AOC is reacting to comments that were only made via Twitter..
It's getting worse..it's getting bad..Biden and bunch are self destructing wo any help from Trump and very little if any from Russia..
Unchained

PreviousNext

Return to General