Register

European Championships.

From the kilo to the hour record, if it's on the velodrome it goes in here

European Championships.

21 Oct 2011 18:44

Ongoing in Appledorn.

GB won the team pursuit by doing a Rorger Bannister mile - beating the 4 minute target by a hundredth of a second.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

21 Oct 2011 19:34

..and also the Women's Team Pursuit and Team Sprint.

I didn't see the men's team sprint qualifying but GB complained unsuccessfully about the starting gates - which have now been replaced by coaches pushing their proteges off the starting line (in the case of the Russian women's sprint team)
Rake Rides Again
User avatar Avoriaz

22 Oct 2011 07:47

ya, that Russian push was crazy, can't believe they didn't call that back. both points races were great. congrats to Romanyuta, she controlled the womens race, chasing down a bunch of attacks and still having it for the sprints, and Ratajczyk crashed, got back in and kicked *** for the win in the mens race. online coverage starts at 20:00 cest tonight on http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-3.php
long live Zesdaagse!
User avatar CobbleStoner

22 Oct 2011 11:17

Avoriaz wrote:..and also the Women's Team Pursuit and Team Sprint.

I didn't see the men's team sprint qualifying but GB complained unsuccessfully about the starting gates - which have now been replaced by coaches pushing their proteges off the starting line (in the case of the Russian women's sprint team)

They were probably right...they were replaced after the german got blocked two times for the sprint final...Really a disgrace
The point races were both also really good,great work by the russian for winning after his fall early in the race!
YoRUsh

23 Oct 2011 15:37

Iljo & Kenny! what a weekend for Keisse, so glad they kept the madison in.
long live Zesdaagse!
User avatar CobbleStoner

23 Oct 2011 16:25

CobbleStoner wrote:Iljo & Kenny! what a weekend for Keisse, so glad they kept the madison in.

Only normal they win, as a team they're one of the best of the world

but I'm really glad they won :)
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

23 Oct 2011 18:54

Another Good Weekend For the GB Guys & Gals .. Cranking it up for 2012 .:)
3wheeler

23 Oct 2011 19:37

What a kilo from Clancy!

Fairly pleasing overall, from a Brit perspective. Nice to see a return to form for Pendleton and Trott looks like the next British cycling star.

I'd still like to see Cav do an omnium. If he really wants an Olympic gold, of any description, rather than the RR specifically, he should do it. He'd be an absolute cert.
King Of The Wolds

Return to General