Register

South American race thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Re: Re:

27 Jan 2017 23:05

DNP-Old wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:Why is Bernal so far down if he did a great TT???

He didn't have a great TT.

Ok. So you expected him to win?

No?

Well he was 6th. He is against the big boys now, so I take he had a good TT IMHO. So I didn't expect him to win unless you expect him to be like the second Quintana if not better and to be honest I don't think so.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Re: South American race thread

27 Jan 2017 23:18

trevim wrote:Cool to see Rui Costa winning again, the first victory since that all star stage win against Valverde, Nibali, Froome in the Dauphine a couple of years ago.

It would be cool to see him get his Liege but there are some really stacked teams like Quickstep or Sky with like 4 potential winners each. I'd be happy with a stage win in the Giro and the Vuelta to make the Grand Slam :)

Also as a portuguese, nice debut from Rafael Reis for Caja Rural in this race and Ruben Guerreiro in Australia!

Sorry for being a pedant (I can't help it) but Froome wasn't in the mix that day. It was Galloping Foxley. Cheers. :)
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

28 Jan 2017 00:32

BigMac wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
portugal11 wrote:...

What a post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gslfgc_uWVM

To win La Doyenne you need to wheelsuck like this, so yeah good start. :D

Well, last year he tremendously descreased his wheelsucking and failed to get a single win.

His formula doesn't fail and he's back at it. Do I like it? No. Should he do it? Yes.

Last year was just bizarre. Rui Costa, Simon Gerrans only rival as the rider most likely to eke out a win when in theory he is overmatched, somehow getting seven metric tons of top tens and not one win. Good to see the real Costa back.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

28 Jan 2017 00:56

Netserk wrote:
BigMac wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:
portugal11 wrote:Finally!!! Rui costa is back and will crush everyone in "la doyenne". I can't wait to see valverde trying to follow costa in a wet downhill and smach his face in the ground. Oh lord, I'm too excited

What a post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gslfgc_uWVM

To win La Doyenne you need to wheelsuck like this, so yeah good start. :D

Well, last year he tremendously descreased his wheelsucking and failed to get a single win.

His formula doesn't fail and he's back at it. Do I like it? No. Should he do it? Yes.

I like the way he does it. Always alone, yet he gets the job done, in a way so purely cynical that it becomes beautiful. He transcends wheelsucking :D

I think the fact that he is creating an unfair situation for his opponent doesn't even cross his mind.

It's really scary how quickly he goes from **** everybody on the road to all smiles and Mr. Nice Guy off the bike and on social media, mainly twitter. He's like ''I just screw this guys over like the ice cold motherfucker I am, thanks a lot for your support. Without you It wouldn't be possible. I don't have fans, if you cheer for me, then you are my friend. Hugs''.

Zinoviev Letter wrote:Last year was just bizarre. Rui Costa, Simon Gerrans only rival as the rider most likely to eke out a win when in theory he is overmatched, somehow getting seven metric tons of top tens and not one win. Good to see the real Costa back.

I guess it is his trademark. I'd still like him to keep some of last year's approach, because in the end he lacked a bit of luck. Glad to see he's riding the Giro.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

28 Jan 2017 03:48

Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:

No?

Well he was 6th. He is against the big boys now, so I take he had a good TT IMHO. So I didn't expect him to win unless you expect him to be like the second Quintana if not better and to be honest I don't think so.

He was 65th in the ITT, so thats why he is far down in the GC. He had a small mechanical in the ITT (source his facebook see below), so otherwise he would have been better.

Egan Bernal - Deportista.
5 hrs ·

Todos sus mensajes de apoyo han servido, hoy cuando por fín llegó la montaña pude coger el liderato sub-23. Por un pequeño problema mecánico en la cronometro no pude pelear la general pero estoy muy contento por las sensaciones y con mis compañeros de equipo que han estado siempre protegiendome en todo momento.

Gracias de nuevo por su apoyo, y espero poder llevar este titulo a casa
User avatar Ruudz0r

28 Jan 2017 14:38

Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:

bernal had a mechanical during ITT
proffz

28 Jan 2017 18:54

Does anybody have a working stream? They took down the youtube channel :(
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

28 Jan 2017 19:05

Until today this race was breaking records for worst organized viewer experience and I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Until today. Because today, mid-stage, the stream and indeed the entire youtube account were taken down

Finally, a race that's worse organized than the ENECOTour/R.v.Nederland
User avatar GuyIncognito

28 Jan 2017 19:30

The coverage of San Luis was also amazing. Good to see they're keeping up the tradition :D
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

Re:

28 Jan 2017 19:33

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:The coverage of San Luis was also amazing. Good to see they're keeping up the tradition :D

Did San Luis even have live coverage? I just remember a finishing line camera.
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

28 Jan 2017 19:49

BigMac wrote:
Maaaaaaaarten wrote:The coverage of San Luis was also amazing. Good to see they're keeping up the tradition :D

Did San Luis even have live coverage? I just remember a finishing line camera.

The had those shaky helicopter shoots without zoom function, I remember when we saw Dani Diaz attacking the motobikes.
User avatar Mayomaniac

28 Jan 2017 19:51

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices, and scams."

Indeed YouTube, indeed.
User avatar Ricco'

28 Jan 2017 19:52

They're live on Facebook atm.
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld

28 Jan 2017 20:28

According to their FB page the stage has been shortened to 168.1 km instead of 185.7 km because of the extreme heat (over 40°C).
User avatar Mayomaniac

28 Jan 2017 20:56

User avatar Jancouver

28 Jan 2017 20:56

Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:

No?

He was 65th.
User avatar DNP-Old

28 Jan 2017 21:04

I think he was referring to the mountain top finish.

28 Jan 2017 21:37

How long to go?
Bushman

28 Jan 2017 22:08

Richeze stage winner from breakaway
User avatar Hedebooo

28 Jan 2017 22:08

Richeze wins the stage.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing