Log in:  

Register

South American race thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Oct 2015 20:41

Vuelta a Colombia will start on June 13th in 2016, instead of somewhere in August during la Vuelta a Espana. This might attract some Colombians in Europe as a preparation for the Tour de France.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Re:

23 Oct 2015 06:06

DNP-Old wrote:Vuelta a Colombia will start on June 13th in 2016, instead of somewhere in August during la Vuelta a Espana. This might attract some Colombians in Europe as a preparation for the Tour de France.


No World Tour rider is allowed to ride a 2.2 race like the Vuelta a Colombia - so no one will ride the Vuelta a Colombia in preparation of the Tour.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Member
 
Posts: 1,871
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

Re: South American race thread

26 Oct 2015 17:22

Vuelta a Guatemala
stage 1:


Image

That's insane. :eek:
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Member
 
Posts: 1,871
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

12 Jan 2016 16:53

Any live stream for tachira?
I remember that last year there was one.

Vamos rujanooo
User avatar jens_attacks
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,230
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

22 Jan 2016 12:42

The traditional Vuelta a San Juan could be included in the 2017 UCI calendar as a 2.2 race. Only a rumour... they want to bring Quintana, Nibali, Contador and Froom (sic) in a 2.2 event =P

http://www.tiempodesanjuan.com/deportes/2016/1/6/vuelta-ciclistica-incluida-calendario-uci-117870.html
User avatar Guybrush
Member
 
Posts: 567
Joined: 13 Jan 2014 10:53

Re:

22 Jan 2016 16:19

Guybrush wrote:The traditional Vuelta a San Juan could be included in the 2017 UCI calendar as a 2.2 race. Only a rumour... they want to bring Quintana, Nibali, Contador and Froom (sic) in a 2.2 event =P

http://www.tiempodesanjuan.com/deportes/2016/1/6/vuelta-ciclistica-incluida-calendario-uci-117870.html


I dont think WT riders are allowed in .2 events (only with national selection)
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,315
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Re:

22 Jan 2016 16:34

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Vuelta a Colombia will start on June 13th in 2016, instead of somewhere in August during la Vuelta a Espana. This might attract some Colombians in Europe as a preparation for the Tour de France.


No World Tour rider is allowed to ride a 2.2 race like the Vuelta a Colombia - so no one will ride the Vuelta a Colombia in preparation of the Tour.


Maybe a few will ride for the national team? Not even sure if a national selection will start tho.
"Fred bud, he drives five kilometres too fast for us" - Frans Verbeeck talking about Eddy Merckx in an interview with Fred De Bruyne after finishing second in the Tour of Flandres in 1974.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Re: Re:

22 Jan 2016 21:18

Ruudz0r wrote:
Guybrush wrote:The traditional Vuelta a San Juan could be included in the 2017 UCI calendar as a 2.2 race. Only a rumour... they want to bring Quintana, Nibali, Contador and Froom (sic) in a 2.2 event =P

http://www.tiempodesanjuan.com/deportes/2016/1/6/vuelta-ciclistica-incluida-calendario-uci-117870.html


I dont think WT riders are allowed in .2 events (only with national selection)


that's why a put a smiley in that sentence, it's not fully clear, maybe they're aiming for 2.1 category. :confused:
User avatar Guybrush
Member
 
Posts: 567
Joined: 13 Jan 2014 10:53

22 Jan 2016 22:15

Colombian Cycling Federation is already thinking in a 2.1 race by February in 2017.
http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ciclismo/calendario-uci-2017-dos-pruebas-de-elite-en-colombia/16461970

They also mention a climbing one day race 1.1, to be raced in October. I don't think too many WT riders would show up, for such an ordeal by the end of the season
User avatar slosada
Junior Member
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 29 May 2013 17:36

22 Jan 2016 23:43

A one day race climbing Alto de Letras! if happens going to be epic!
User avatar Guybrush
Member
 
Posts: 567
Joined: 13 Jan 2014 10:53

22 Mar 2016 18:28

Manzana announced their full program for this season:

ABRIL
1 La Route Adélie de Vitré Vitré, Francia
3 V. Ciclista la Rioja La Rioja, España
10 Clásica Primavera Amorebieta Vizcaya, España
15 – 17 Vuelta Castilla y León Castilla y León
25 - 1 mayo Tour de Bretagne Francia
30 - 1 mayo Vuelta Asturias Asturias, España

MAYO
7 – 8 V. Ciclista Comunidad de Madrid Madrid. España
11 – 15 Rhóne-Alpes Isére Tour Francia
19 – 22 Ronde de L´Isard Francia
27 – 29 Tour Gironde Gironde, Francia

JUNIO
2 – 5 Volta Ciclista Internal. Lleida Lérida, España
13 – 26 Vuelta a Colombia Colombia

JULIO
12 – 17 Giro Ciclístico Valle D´Aosta Italia
25 Clásica de Ordizia Ordizia, España
27 – 31 Tour de Alsace Francia

AGOSTO
2 – 7 Vuelta de la Juventud Colombia

SEPTIEMBRE
7 – 11 Marco Fidel Suárez Bello, Colombia
14 – 18 Vuelta a Boyacá Colombia
23 – 2 Octubre Clásico RCN Colombia


Really excited and looking forward to see Hernan Aguirre in Europe.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

12 Apr 2016 19:49

http://procyclingstats.com/race/Vuelta_a_Castilla_y_Leon_2016_Startlist

Miguel Florez is coming to Europe, as is Roller Diagama, Colombian champ in the U23.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

12 Apr 2016 20:08

Team Jamis has been invited to the Vuelta a Colombia, but the big news is that they have invited the Rwandan national team, that's a nice gesture and good news for African cycling, it will be nice to see if they can do something in the Vuelta, it should be a great learning experience for those riders.
Source:
http://www.ligapostobon.com.co/ciclismo/deportes/team-jamis-y-ruanda-confirmados-para-la-vuelt-157225
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,620
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

29 Apr 2016 11:51

Here we go; Hernan Aguirre is coming to Europe! Manzana for Vuelta Asturias:

Hernán Aguirre, Sergio Higuita, Juan Felipe Osorio, Bernardo Suaza, Hernán Darío Parra, Marco Tulio Suesca, Hernando Bohórquez y Aldemar Reyes
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

30 Apr 2016 19:01

Image

He's back. Fabio Duarte wins the final stage and the GC in Fusagasugá.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carols, EarnstMorrissey, Escarabajo, fantomas, Google Adsense [Bot], issoisso, johnymax, Pricey_sky, sciguy, togo95, Tonton and 67 guests

Back to top