Log in:  

Register

South American race thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

28 Jan 2017 22:12

Richeze wins the 3 men sprint from the breakaway, the neopro Oliviero Troia from UAE finishes 2nd, German Nicolas Tivani (who started the sprint from the front and probably too early) 3rd.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,133
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re:

28 Jan 2017 22:21

Mayomaniac wrote:Richeze wins the 3 men sprint from the breakaway, the neopro Oliviero Troia from UAE finishes 2nd, German Nicolas Tivani (who started the sprint from the front and probably too early) 3rd.


I was just about to ask who would work with one of the fastest sprinters in the race in a breakaway. A neopro and a 21 year old is the answer.
Zinoviev Letter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,934
Joined: 18 Aug 2010 13:18

Re:

28 Jan 2017 22:27

Akuryo wrote:Another perfect leadout by Quickstep. This time with Boonen at the end of it. Maybe next time Richeze gets his chance :D


Said it a few days ago :cool:
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,192
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

29 Jan 2017 00:37

Boonen organized a rider protest during the race to get it shortened. Supposedly QS was the only team wanting to shorten the stage beforehand. Boonen and Cancellara, forever entwined. :D
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,260
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

Re: Re:

29 Jan 2017 01:31

Ruudz0r wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Escarabajo wrote:Why is Bernal so far down if he did a great TT???

He didn't have a great TT.

Ok. So you expected him to win?


Well he was 6th. He is against the big boys now, so I take he had a good TT IMHO. So I didn't expect him to win unless you expect him to be like the second Quintana if not better and to be honest I don't think so.


He was 65th in the ITT, so thats why he is far down in the GC. He had a small mechanical in the ITT (source his facebook see below), so otherwise he would have been better.


Egan Bernal - Deportista.
5 hrs ·

Todos sus mensajes de apoyo han servido, hoy cuando por fín llegó la montaña pude coger el liderato sub-23. Por un pequeño problema mecánico en la cronometro no pude pelear la general pero estoy muy contento por las sensaciones y con mis compañeros de equipo que han estado siempre protegiendome en todo momento.

Gracias de nuevo por su apoyo, y espero poder llevar este titulo a casa

:redface:

Forget my comments I apologize. I was looking at the wrong stage. I had no clue about the ITT result.

No wonder why the replies!!!! :o
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,649
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 18:38
Location: USA - Central Time

29 Jan 2017 19:40

But on another note: Richeze exceeded the expectations at Quickstep by far. He was brought in as a spanish speaking guy who could more or less be a guide for Gaviria in his first seasons in Europe. I mean, he won his last race in 2012 before joining them. But then he went on to win a stage and the points classification at the Tour de Suisse, more podiums at Eschborn-Frankfurt City Loop, GP Van Petegem and now this. Quite amazing for someone who was brought in just to be a buddy for Gaviria. It is as if he's going through his second adolescence.
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,192
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

Re:

29 Jan 2017 19:53

Akuryo wrote:But on another note: Richeze exceeded the expectations at Quickstep by far. He was brought in as a spanish speaking guy who could more or less be a guide for Gaviria in his first seasons in Europe. I mean, he won his last race in 2012 before joining them. But then he went on to win a stage and the points classification at the Tour de Suisse, more podiums at Eschborn-Frankfurt City Loop, GP Van Petegem and now this. Quite amazing for someone who was brought in just to be a buddy for Gaviria. It is as if he's going through his second adolescence.

he wasn't signed as a buddy, he was signed because he's a world class leadout man, who already did a great job for Modolo, and they wanted to have a spanish speaking leadout man for Gaviria to make things easier. Of course he really exceeded the expectations and was able to geat great results when he was allowed to ride for himself.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,133
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Re:

29 Jan 2017 20:52

Mayomaniac wrote:
Akuryo wrote:But on another note: Richeze exceeded the expectations at Quickstep by far. He was brought in as a spanish speaking guy who could more or less be a guide for Gaviria in his first seasons in Europe. I mean, he won his last race in 2012 before joining them. But then he went on to win a stage and the points classification at the Tour de Suisse, more podiums at Eschborn-Frankfurt City Loop, GP Van Petegem and now this. Quite amazing for someone who was brought in just to be a buddy for Gaviria. It is as if he's going through his second adolescence.

he wasn't signed as a buddy, he was signed because he's a world class leadout man, who already did a great job for Modolo, and they wanted to have a spanish speaking leadout man for Gaviria to make things easier. Of course he really exceeded the expectations and was able to geat great results when he was allowed to ride for himself.


Well, he did not win for 3 years while riding for Lampre. A team where at least on paper he should get a lot more chances to ride for himself compared to an always star stacked team as Quickstep. And world class leadout? He is okay. Above average even but not as good as Renshaw, Sabatini and Co.

Btw. Another win for him :D
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,192
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

29 Jan 2017 20:59

IMO he's better than Sabatini, he's one of the best.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,133
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: South American race thread

03 Feb 2017 09:49

Great Lasterketa Burua has tracked the courses of Bogotá and put them on cronoescalada.com

ITT
Image

Road Race
Image
Max Rockatansky
Member
 
Posts: 644
Joined: 16 Jun 2015 11:59

Re:

03 Feb 2017 19:04

Akuryo wrote:But on another note: Richeze exceeded the expectations at Quickstep by far. He was brought in as a spanish speaking guy who could more or less be a guide for Gaviria in his first seasons in Europe. I mean, he won his last race in 2012 before joining them. But then he went on to win a stage and the points classification at the Tour de Suisse, more podiums at Eschborn-Frankfurt City Loop, GP Van Petegem and now this. Quite amazing for someone who was brought in just to be a buddy for Gaviria. It is as if he's going through his second adolescence.

the mechanical was a flat tire. That screwed him. Team decided to go for his teammate for GC and not to push TT. I wonder if Bernal will be at Colombia's nationals TT
User avatar gospina
Member
 
Posts: 366
Joined: 08 Jan 2013 19:08

Re: South American race thread

03 Feb 2017 19:18

Max Rockatansky wrote:Great Lasterketa Burua has tracked the courses of Bogotá and put them on cronoescalada.com

Road Race
Image


That would be one heck of a WC-course! Its certainly climber-friendly, but the climbs aren't long so it should be possible for other types as well.
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,128
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re: South American race thread

03 Feb 2017 19:27

Valv.Piti wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:Great Lasterketa Burua has tracked the courses of Bogotá and put them on cronoescalada.com

Road Race
Image


That would be one heck of a WC-course! Its certainly climber-friendly, but the climbs aren't long so it should be possible for other types as well.

They won't host a WC in Bogotá.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 1,149
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Calle Gran Vía

03 Feb 2017 19:29

Im not saying they are. Unfortunately. ;)
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,128
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:00
Location: Dinamarca, Aalborg

Re:

03 Feb 2017 19:33

Valv.Piti wrote:Im not saying they are. Unfortunately. ;)

No, but just in case you got your hopes up or anything. Colombia has made several bids for a world championship throughout the years, all for Duitama, Boyacá.
User avatar DNP-Old
Member
 
Posts: 1,149
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Calle Gran Vía

03 Feb 2017 19:53

I didn't know they keep doing bids for the WC. That is nice.

If the UCI think the Duitama is too hard we can pick another one but we deserve to have one at least while we have some of the best crop of riders in the peloton.

Nice profile Max. Thanks.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,649
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 18:38
Location: USA - Central Time

Re: Re:

04 Feb 2017 15:16

gospina wrote:the mechanical was a flat tire. That screwed him. Team decided to go for his teammate for GC and not to push TT. I wonder if Bernal will be at Colombia's nationals TT


I think he'll be riding in Italy.
tristecsinamigos
Junior Member
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 27 May 2014 22:01

Re: Re:

04 Feb 2017 16:41

tristecsinamigos wrote:
gospina wrote:the mechanical was a flat tire. That screwed him. Team decided to go for his teammate for GC and not to push TT. I wonder if Bernal will be at Colombia's nationals TT


I think he'll be riding in Italy.


http://revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22527-lo-que-hago-lo-hago-por-mi-pais-me-siento-orgulloso-de-ser-colombiano-egan-bernal.html?utm_content=buffer52d7d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

“El próximo martes me estaré desplazando a Europa para correr El Trofeo Laigueglia el 12 de este mes, luego estaré el 22 en el Tour de Langkawi, y lo más posible es que vaya a la Tirreno Adriático del 8 al 14 de marzo. Luego aún no sé si correré la Coppi e Bartali del 23 al 26 de marzo o el Giro del Trentino del 17 al 21 der abril”.

So Trofeo Laigueglia, Tour of Langkawi, Tirreno and probalby Coppi e Bartali/Trentino (tour des Alpes), so no nationals
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,454
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

04 Feb 2017 21:33

Nice. Most likely some easy GC points for the cq game then ;)
User avatar Kazistuta
Member
 
Posts: 1,245
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: South American race thread

07 Feb 2017 01:05

Saturday 4th of February we had the 22-kilometer time-trail between Paipa and El Barne, as warm up to the regional TTs this coming weekend! Rodrigo Contreras took the elite honors in what seems like a super crucial year for him!

Image

Élite
1) Rodrigo Contreras, Coldeportes: 26':25".
2) Pedro Herrera, Club Deportivo Boyacá: 26':42".
3) Luis Alfredo Martinez, Club De Ciclismo Lanceros Paipa: 27':04".
4) Javier Gomez Pineda, Boyacá es Para Vivirla: 27':12".
5) Edward Diaz, EPM UNE: 27':17".

However, the most impressive ride of the day came in the U23s were Robinson López clocked 26':11" a time fast enough to have won the elite event!

Image
Jakob747
Junior Member
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10 Jun 2009 17:33
Location: Colombia

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dirkprovin, Google [Bot], gregrowlerson, hazaran, lastplacerider, Majestic-12 [Bot], Son of Amsterhammer, valentius borealis and 13 guests

Back to top