Register

South American race thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Yesterday 19:40

you mean the Alto del Colorado stage?
User avatar Guybrush

Re:

Yesterday 20:13

Guybrush wrote:you mean the Alto del Colorado stage?

I'm sure he does. The preview guy from cyclingquotes is now solely on feltet.dk, and he made a big preview in Danish of Vuelta a San Juan.
User avatar Kazistuta

Yesterday 20:29

I very much doubt this will be the case with Sevilla in the squad; but I genuinely hope both Javier Montoya and Julian Cardona can have somewhat of a free role with Inder. They should be able to show themselves on the big stage, because Europe can't come soon enough for both.

Both riders are from 1997 and have been doing fairly well in Colombia's youth races these past few years. Cardona won the 2015 Vuelta del Porvenir - basically the Vuelta a Colombia for U19 riders - whereas Montoya finished 2nd. However, they aren't just good on the road, as they finished second (along with Wilmar Paredes and Jaime Restrepo) in the TP on the track three years ago in Gwangmyeong.
User avatar DNP-Old

Yesterday 20:33

Speaking of Vuelta del Porvenir winners, Manzana have got themselves a really nice program, including Algarve and even Catalunya. It's time for Hernan Aguirre to come back to life and it'll be a nice opportunity for Jhojan Garcia to show the world how good he is. Unless they want to screw the team even more by riding for the likes of Vilela and Jetse Bol.
User avatar DNP-Old

Yesterday 22:35

That was easy.
User avatar DNP-Old

Yesterday 22:36

WTF! Half the field got lead the wrong way in the last k.... had to drag their bikes across a field to cross the goal line. For sure they must be rewarded st.

Gaviria as expected unbeatable i the sprint, Viviani couldn't do anything.
Last edited by Kazistuta on 23 Jan 2017 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Kazistuta

Yesterday 22:37

Apparently half the peloton took a wrong turn. :o
User avatar DNP-Old

Yesterday 22:54

Few odd names in top 10:

1. Gaviria, 2. Viviani, 3. Marini, 4. Malucelli, 5. Nibali, 6. Boonen, 7. Brändle, 8. Ramirez, 9. Mollema, 10. Sevilla.
User avatar Rollthedice

Previous

Return to Professional road racing