Register

Time to hang my bike on the willow....

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

28 Jan 2012 03:13

I always liked your posts. I hope you don't stop posting here or elsewhere. Your posts are among the most intelligent ones.
User avatar Cobblestones

28 Jan 2012 04:37

Heavy blow for cn.

But its good news. Francois was posting a lot less as a mod. and that was a heavy blow for forum discourse. here's hoping he's back to writing those 2000 word posts. always top class.

A poster everyone rates from the first post they read. logical, well written, well thought out, wonderful use of language, never insulting nor patronizing, never biased and always with an intelligent joke or 2 hidden in there.

Its been missing . for too long

And i mean every word I've written.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

28 Jan 2012 11:18

In other news, ACF has been announced as a replacement for Francois as chief moderator and will be setting some new rules. I will be ruling with an iron fist! :D
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

28 Jan 2012 11:21

all hail auscyclefan!!

wait a minute no you haven't, I've been fooled :S
semi literate sausige
User avatar palmerq

28 Jan 2012 13:37

Shame to see you step down Francois, thanks for the hard work you've put in the forum :)
User avatar Havetts

28 Jan 2012 16:21

Thanks for everything, Francois.

Once, when I said I was wrong about you, I was wrong. ;)
‘I liked him. He was as tough as nails. Mentally...the toughest person I have ever come across’
User avatar Cobblestoned

28 Jan 2012 19:56

Cobblestoned wrote:Thanks for everything, Francois.

Once, when I said I was wrong about you, I was wrong. ;)

This thread made me think of an old sketch from Not the nine o'clock news...

http://youtu.be/T17VzztS60M

Enjoy ;)

And yes we are missing you already in the Staff Room :(
[color="White"]...[/color]
"Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill" - Fausto Coppi
User avatar 180mmCrank

28 Jan 2012 20:04

180mmCrank wrote:
And yes we are missing you already in the Staff Room :(

but the staff room doesnt exist.. nudge nudge wink wink :S
semi literate sausige
User avatar palmerq

28 Jan 2012 20:15

palmerq wrote:but the staff room doesnt exist.. nudge nudge wink wink :S

I was being poetic :)
[color="White"]...[/color]
"Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill" - Fausto Coppi
User avatar 180mmCrank

28 Jan 2012 20:37

Best mod in the business.

I would like to thank Francois for being the only guy here that showed me the error of my ways sometimes. His patience, intelligence and thoughtful consideration have made him someone I truly admire.

I remember a personal conversation I had with him where he urged me to "keep my nose clean" so I wouldn't get banned again. Probably the best PM I've ever received. He's never judgmental and always treats you with the utmost respect, even when you're not entitled to it.

Enjoy your retirement mate!
Avanti.
User avatar boomcie

28 Jan 2012 21:06

boomcie wrote:<snip>

Enjoy your retirement mate!

Avanti.

He is and posting on another forum the beautiful posts we were used to on here :)
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78
User avatar Benotti69

29 Jan 2012 01:04

Well, this is certainly a loss for the forum. One thing that I appreciated the most about Francois' style of moderating was the clear explanation offered when merging, moving, or otherwise altering a thread. Things aren't always so well explained around here (not that I don't appreciate the efforts of all the volunteers behind the curtain).

The other reason I feel this personally, is that when I first joined the forum I came in guns blazing, full throttle on my very first post (10,000 characters, as it turns out, is the limit. :p) It was my intent to stir things up and take issue with something that I felt very strongly about. I could've easily been dismissed as a somewhat semi-psycho, with social integration problems, but on the contrary, Francois addressed me directly though PM, treated me with respect, and was articulate in explaining how and why my multi-word missive was being dealt with. Looking back, perhaps he saw a kindred spirit in the sheer length of my detonating dissertation. :D

I had always assumed that Francois was one of the members who vowed in the Ad Poll to go "If these ads stay in any form." And although I, myself, voted the preference of having the ads "at the bottom of the page," it was just that, a preference. It was hardly a legal contract, just a poll on the internet, so there's a very good chance that I'll be outta here myself in the near future.

But this is about Francois, so Thank You. You made me feel welcome from the start and you will be missed. And that's a fact.
User avatar Granville57

29 Jan 2012 09:10

Thanks for your great work.

I hope you'll stick around anyway. :D
In Italy when you need a coffee you need the right barista, so you need to teach Chris [Juul Jensen] how to make the right coffee.

Lars Michaelsen during the Tinkoff-Saxo team briefing before stage 11 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia.
User avatar RedheadDane

30 Jan 2012 16:56

Thanks for the kind words people, appreciated.

[And thanks to those who can drink my blood, for staying out of this one :)]

I guess that I will have to disappoint those that are hoping to see me return as a normal poster here. I haven't left the community, but I suspect I will have left this community, although I might still drop in from time to time to catch up with folk here. It isn't because of the posters and the mods that I have left for a place where I, currently, feel more at home. It's a personal choice, and I'll leave it that.

Cut the mods some slack guys, they really are here to help to make it better for all, and without exception, their hearts are in the right place.

Thanks for the good times,

Francois
User avatar Francois the Postman

05 Feb 2012 19:44

Well, it is seldom when I visit this forum, so I didn't see this until now. I just wanted to say best of luck and thanks. I think you're probably the best mod I've seen on any forum, let alone this one. The patience you've displayed here is commendable.

It's too bad that you're not posting as a 'regular', but I hope that one day your reasons for leaving will soften and we'll be able to read your well-expressed thoughts.
skidmark

08 Feb 2012 02:46

I am thinking this probably leaves a nice little void that I could fill in...

Now that I am back to posting again full time, I think it might be a good idea to go ahead and bump up my application for Admin again.

What do you say guys???
[color="SlateGray"]Stand on my dog and I'll cut your head off[/color]

'Only once did clenbuterol show up in 83,203 animal samples tested by EU countries in 2008 and 2009, says the European Commission's directorate for health and consumer policy. Spain tested 19,431 samples in those years; none was positive for the drug.'
User avatar scribe

08 Feb 2012 03:48

scribe wrote:I am thinking this probably leaves a nice little void that I could fill in...

Now that I am back to posting again full time, I think it might be a good idea to go ahead and bump up my application for Admin again.

What do you say guys???

You should have as good a chance as ACF, or Wonderlance. Or ChrisE, or me for that matter.
"Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings."

Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
User avatar Hugh Januss

08 Feb 2012 04:00

They probably don't need 4 of us.

Just me for now.
[color="SlateGray"]Stand on my dog and I'll cut your head off[/color]

'Only once did clenbuterol show up in 83,203 animal samples tested by EU countries in 2008 and 2009, says the European Commission's directorate for health and consumer policy. Spain tested 19,431 samples in those years; none was positive for the drug.'
User avatar scribe

Previous

Return to About the forum