Register

Who is the sexiest male cyclist?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Mar 2012 21:27

Beech Mtn wrote:Image

:eek:

All I see is HAIR.

(And this is Levi we're talking about. Levi and hair. :eek:)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Mar 2012 21:35

Hair?! He is as bald as he can be?! ;)
DominicDecoco

24 Mar 2012 08:20

:D

[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

24 Mar 2012 10:38

yetanothergreenworld wrote:Ron Burgundy -- er, I mean, Urs Freuler.

oh man, Ron Burgundy
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

18 Apr 2012 21:10

:D

Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

18 Apr 2012 21:21

Zam_Olyas wrote::D

burning

18 Apr 2012 21:25

In my opinion it is Cavendish. I say this, although I do not like him at all as a rider and a person. He has a very masculine face, a rarity among cyclists. I'm quite certain that he is very popular with the ladies. His stature doesn't add to his sexiness, however. Fortunately, as a sprinter he has some meat on the bones in comparison to most riders. However, his facial features are of such type, that while he looked good early, he will start looking old quite soon, in other words he will not age well. Another example of this phenomenon is Contador. He looked quite charming when he was starting out, but with each year his face is looking older and more severe. He will soon look like a middle aged man.
User avatar Gregory

18 Apr 2012 21:43

Not again, it was bad enough the first time. :(
User avatar Afrank

19 Apr 2012 05:49

Gregory wrote:In my opinion it is Cavendish. I say this, although I do not like him at all as a rider and a person. He has a very masculine face, a rarity among cyclists. I'm quite certain that he is very popular with the ladies. His stature doesn't add to his sexiness, however. Fortunately, as a sprinter he has some meat on the bones in comparison to most riders. However, his facial features are of such type, that while he looked good early, he will start looking old quite soon, in other words he will not age well. Another example of this phenomenon is Contador. He looked quite charming when he was starting out, but with each year his face is looking older and more severe. He will soon look like a middle aged man.

Contador still looks charming.
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 05:58

My girlfriend thinks it's Boonen. I hate to admit it, but she's probably right. He does have a more muscular build compared to most cyclists.

This does lead to us cheering for different people in the spring classics...
User avatar Cancellator

19 Apr 2012 06:38

Cancellator wrote:My girlfriend thinks it's Boonen. I hate to admit it, but she's probably right. He does have a more muscular build compared to most cyclists.

This does lead to us cheering for different people in the spring classics...

How can someone be right about that? Isn't finding someone sexy a subjective opinion?
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 07:30

goggalor wrote:Does she ride for high road?

No but she does get a ride on the High Road! :D:eek:
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

19 Apr 2012 07:43

LaFlorecita wrote:How can someone be right about that? Isn't finding someone sexy a subjective opinion?

1) There are some objective criteria as well, for the majority of people, otherwise the women/men in magazines would be of all shapes and sizes, and they're not

2)What I meant when I said "she's right" was "I think she's right", "I agree"; people just love to nitpick on everything even when what you meant is obvious:rolleyes:
User avatar Cancellator

19 Apr 2012 11:29

Cancellator wrote:1) There are some objective criteria as well, for the majority of people, otherwise the women/men in magazines would be of all shapes and sizes, and they're not

No way Jose. Objective reality is not determined by consensus. You can blame a common biology and culture for a general uniformity of taste, but that doesn't change the fact that absolutely anything can validly be regarded as physically attractive (and so is dependent on people's subjective opinions).

Edit: on topic, Cancellara is a ****ing hunk.
"anyone can do what they like." - Alberto Contador
Kiara is a rational girl

19 Apr 2012 11:43

LaFlorecita wrote:How can someone be right about that? Isn't finding someone sexy a subjective opinion?

Sure.

But i guess if you would ask 100 woman Boonen would get the most votes.
Come on even as guys we have to admit he's pretty handsome:D;)
User avatar Bavarianrider

19 Apr 2012 11:50

Bavarianrider wrote:Sure.

But i guess if you would ask 100 woman Boonen would get the most votes.
Come on even as guys we have to admit he's pretty handsome:D;)

He's pretty, yes, but does that mean he's sexy? No.
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 12:43

Hahahaha, la banda de La Covatilla. What a disgrace. :D
User avatar hrotha

19 Apr 2012 13:26

Kiara is a rational girl wrote:No way Jose. Objective reality is not determined by consensus. You can blame a common biology and culture for a general uniformity of taste, but that doesn't change the fact that absolutely anything can validly be regarded as physically attractive (and so is dependent on people's subjective opinions).

That's why I used words like some and majority. For example, sure, there might be people that find a flabby belly more attractive than a flat ab, but I'd say they are in a minority.

What I'm saying is that there are some traits that are ALMOST universally attractive.If you did a poll on a large number of women, to pick the sexier guy between Boonen and Tiago Machado for example, do you think you'd get an uniformly distributed result?
User avatar Cancellator

19 Apr 2012 14:17

hrotha wrote:Hahahaha, la banda de La Covatilla. What a disgrace. :D

not all of them are part of la banda de La Covatilla. Valverde wasn't even there during the Vuelta 2002 18th stage.

You can also tell from the cycling tan.
“I’m not a human. I’m a piece of machinery. I don’t need to feel a thing. Just forge on ahead.” Haruki Murakami

http://enchassepatate.blogspot.com/
User avatar nobilis

19 Apr 2012 15:06

Cancellator wrote:That's why I used words like some and majority. For example, sure, there might be people that find a flabby belly more attractive than a flat ab, but I'd say they are in a minority.

What I'm saying is that there are some traits that are ALMOST universally attractive.If you did a poll on a large number of women, to pick the sexier guy between Boonen and Tiago Machado for example, do you think you'd get an uniformly distributed result?
[IMG]http://www.esciclismo.com/actualidad/imagenes/tiago_machado_radioshack_2010_velofutur.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/interviews/tom_boonen_jan08/DV211552alt.jpg[/IM]

I don't think you know what 'objective' means, in the context you used it.
"anyone can do what they like." - Alberto Contador
Kiara is a rational girl

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing