Register

Who is the sexiest male cyclist?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

19 Apr 2012 15:18

Boonen, for me. I mean, for a start, he is normal-sized. At the risk of going overboard, he's got a nice smile too.

Calling Contador attractive reminds of those smarmy ****s who act all cute to get attention. They act like an angel when they want, but try and provoke others into looking like fools. Before anyone asks, yes, I have a little brother who did this.
User avatar Caruut

19 Apr 2012 15:20

There's so many things wrong with your post that I don't even know where to begin.
User avatar TERMINATOR

19 Apr 2012 15:24

I am no girl. So what do i know?

Anyway, i guess DiLuca cleanly wins ;). Right?

19 Apr 2012 15:27

TERMINATOR wrote:There's so many things wrong with your post that I don't even know where to begin.

This one, on the other hand, is crystal clear.
User avatar Caruut

19 Apr 2012 17:03

Caruut wrote:Boonen, for me. I mean, for a start, he is normal-sized. At the risk of going overboard, he's got a nice smile too.

Calling Contador attractive reminds of those smarmy ****s who act all cute to get attention. They act like an angel when they want, but try and provoke others into looking like fools. Before anyone asks, yes, I have a little brother who did this.

Alberto is attractive you just don't see it.

May I use the number of fangirls as proof.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 17:07

Only because he is successful.

On the aesthetic basis not so much.
User avatar roundabout

19 Apr 2012 17:35

roundabout wrote:Only because he is successful.

Are you implying she has the gold digger gene
User avatar hrotha

19 Apr 2012 17:37

Gregory wrote:In my opinion it is Cavendish. I say this, although I do not like him at all as a rider and a person. He has a very masculine face, a rarity among cyclists. I'm quite certain that he is very popular with the ladies. His stature doesn't add to his sexiness, however. Fortunately, as a sprinter he has some meat on the bones in comparison to most riders. However, his facial features are of such type, that while he looked good early, he will start looking old quite soon, in other words he will not age well. Another example of this phenomenon is Contador. He looked quite charming when he was starting out, but with each year his face is looking older and more severe. He will soon look like a middle aged man.

+1 In my opinion it's the eyes that do it and those fantastic long eyelashes. Many women would kill for lashes like those.
Boardslide

19 Apr 2012 17:48

hrotha wrote:Are you implying she has the gold digger gene

:o I think that's exactly what he's doing.
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 17:50

roundabout wrote:Only because he is successful.

What the feck are you saying?

This seems like the right moment for an epic facepalm *facepalm*
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 17:50

hrotha wrote:Are you implying she has the gold digger gene

Andy has got to have about as much money around now, and Fleur seems repulsed.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

19 Apr 2012 17:52

The Hitch wrote:Andy has got to have about as much money around now, and Fleur seems repulsed.

Great point Hitch.
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 17:57

The Hitch wrote:Andy has got to have about as much money around now, and Fleur seems repulsed.

I keed, I keed. I would have used punctuation otherwise.

I do think there's some pop star type of veneration going on here, which is not based mainly on looks. It's not about the money (which roundabout didn't mention at all - that was all my joke), but about his being good at something you enjoy. Just like people in bands are automatically more attractive.
User avatar hrotha

19 Apr 2012 18:00

hrotha wrote:I keed, I keed. I would have used punctuation otherwise.

I do think there's some pop star type of veneration going on here, which is not based mainly on looks. It's not about the money (which roundabout didn't mention at all - that was all my joke), but about his being good at something you enjoy. Just like people in bands are automatically more attractive.

But roundabout did mention successful which = fame and money.
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Apr 2012 19:16

Ivan says hello :D

User avatar Zam_Olyas

19 Apr 2012 20:10

LaFlorecita wrote:But roundabout did mention successful which = fame and money.

No, I meant that a guy who looks like Contador but rides like Vincent Jerome won't have that many groupies.
User avatar roundabout

19 Apr 2012 20:19

hrotha wrote:I keed, I keed. I would have used punctuation otherwise.

+1. It is a very basic psychological mechanism of sexual attraction for women, which is evolutionally developed. We must remember that our genetics usually go back up to the tribal hunter-gatherer period. The later improvement of life's conditions pretty much stopped natural selection and thus, our biological evolution.
Now let's consider a situation in tribal times: one women desires a successful person: a leading warrior or a chief, the other one desires the shy, meek guy at the bottom of the society. The child of which woman will achieve success and reproduce further, taking into account that he will be similar to his father and also probably receive some support from his biological father as well. The child of the chief or leading warrior. His genes will spread and with them the genes from the mother, responsible for selecting successful males.
Sportsmen are in many ways correspond to leading warriors of ancient times.
So, it is natural that women desire successful males, and it is not a calculated behavior, nothing to do with being gold diggers.
On the other hand male sexual selection pattern is extremely simple: nice a$$ wide hips, taille to waist proper ratio, symmetrical face, decent breasts. It's that simple.
User avatar Gregory

19 Apr 2012 21:42

roundabout wrote:No, I meant that a guy who looks like Contador but rides like Vincent Jerome won't have that many groupies.

I don't think he cares considering he had his wife before he was famous ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

19 Apr 2012 22:17

You are incredibly attentive
User avatar roundabout

19 Apr 2012 22:44

roundabout wrote:No, I meant that a guy who looks like Contador but rides like Vincent Jerome won't have that many groupies.

Vincent Jerome :eek:
He won le petit Paris Roubaix, Tro Bro Leon last year. Contador has no chance of winning it. :cool:
“I’m not a human. I’m a piece of machinery. I don’t need to feel a thing. Just forge on ahead.” Haruki Murakami

http://enchassepatate.blogspot.com/
User avatar nobilis

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing