Register

BMC in disarray?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Apr 2012 13:38

El Pistolero wrote:Cause he always finds someone to get second to in the big races :D

In other words, the ideal future BMC signing.
Mellow Velo

12 Apr 2012 13:41

Mellow Velo wrote:In other words, the ideal future BMC signing.

No, BMC sign them when they still win stuff.
theyoungest

12 Apr 2012 13:44

Mellow Velo wrote:In other words, the ideal future BMC signing.

GVA and Evans beg to differ.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Apr 2012 13:47

hrotha wrote:Point being you're not dismissive of Gilbert. Duh.

I'd say 2011 FW (2nd to a guy who isn't expected to contend) counts as a past performance to base a prediction on, but whatever.

I'm not predicting Gilbert to win any Ardennes classics if that's what you're talking about?

Evans will be back this year ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Apr 2012 16:07

movingtarget wrote:Sure Evans looked good in the Criterium but it wasn't really a great field of riders he was up against. He might have trouble getting to the final climb at the front. Sanchez will have some chance. I think Rodriguez and Gerrans have to be the favourites. Maybe Freire not sure about Cunego, his one day race legs seem to have deserted him. Evans and GVA will probably ride their usual consistent races but not sure if they can win. I think Cadel is more suited to the Fleche. Valverde and Voeckler will probably do better in the Liege.

You have to have Valverde as one of the biggest favorites... and maybe a good darkhorse would be Devenyns: his form is looking good and he is a good explosive climber, same with Poels.
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

13 Apr 2012 01:49

movingtarget wrote: He might have trouble getting to the final climb at the front. Sanchez will have some chance. I think Rodriguez and Gerrans have to be the favourites. Evans and GVA will probably ride their usual consistent races but not sure if they can win. I think Cadel is more suited to the Fleche. Valverde and Voeckler will probably do better in the Liege.

If you look at my quote i was just talking only about JROD in better form than Gilbert and then stating Samu and Evans as threats on the Mur- which is what you say by F-W ( which he has a better chance on )
Evans has good positioning in all races and is consistent ( i agree with you that he will probably not win AGR ) and he will have improved from the CI.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

13 Apr 2012 11:26

greenedge wrote:If you look at my quote i was just talking only about JROD in better form than Gilbert and then stating Samu and Evans as threats on the Mur- which is what you say by F-W ( which he has a better chance on )
Evans has good positioning in all races and is consistent ( i agree with you that he will probably not win AGR ) and he will have improved from the CI.

Will be good to see Cadel in the firing line again. Unlike Boonen's dominance in the flatter classics I think the upcoming races will be very open and hard to predict. If Rodriguez is ever going to win one, now would be the time.
movingtarget

13 Apr 2012 15:06

Yeah I would love to see how well cadel can ride in LBL and FW which suit him more. AGR might not have long enough hills for him, but as showed in TDF 2011 his uphill sprint is really good. Those hills were similiar to the cauberg.
User avatar dlwssonic

13 Apr 2012 15:14

I think GVA will be the leader at Amstel tbh. Evans at FW and Gilbert at LBL if he comes to form. Evans is the best bet for winning.

Who would have though at the start Gilbert would suck that bad so far, ehh :p
Gloin22

13 Apr 2012 15:17

Gloin22 wrote:I think GVA will be the leader at Amstel tbh. Evans at FW and Gilbert at LBL if he comes to form. Evans is the best bet for winning.

Who would have though at the start Gilbert would suck that bad so far, ehh :p

Its not his gilbert's fault he is still struggling to recover from the tooth infection and his multiple illnesses. I believe evans would be stronger than GVA in any of the 3 classics. Would like him to be the sole leader. But I think he will work for others instead.
User avatar dlwssonic

13 Apr 2012 18:06

Phil training with his brother.

User avatar El Pistolero

13 Apr 2012 18:06

El Pistolero wrote:Image

Phil training with his brother.

Probably struggling to keep up as well.
User avatar Panda Claws

14 Apr 2012 01:38

dlwssonic wrote:Its not his gilbert's fault he is still struggling to recover from the tooth infection and his multiple illnesses. I believe evans would be stronger than GVA in any of the 3 classics. Would like him to be the sole leader. But I think he will work for others instead.

GVA used to have a decent sprint but seems to have lost that now. He is a stronger allrounder but never really looks like winning. I don't believe that Gilbert's problems are just from a tooth infection. There must be other problems as you said. Hushovd's problems were obvious. He had trouble with a virus. Half the battle with elite sportsmen is avoiding illness. I just hope it does not rain for Amstel.
movingtarget

14 Apr 2012 02:01

After thinking back to the struggles Cav had with his tooth infection in 2010, I am slightly more inclined to believe Gilbert.
Cavendish had an operation in January and it took him quite a while to get up to speed. Gilbert only had treatment in mid-March.
inthedrops.net

blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy

14 Apr 2012 03:12

luckyboy wrote:After thinking back to the struggles Cav had with his tooth infection in 2010, I am slightly more inclined to believe Gilbert.
Cavendish had an operation in January and it took him quite a while to get up to speed. Gilbert only had treatment in mid-March.

Oh god. Why don't we apply the same rules as us mere mortals?

Last time I had tooth problems I took one hour off work got it fixed & job done.

Gilbert is making sh1t up.

Gilbert only had treatment mid March - gah!

Boonen at the Tour had his teeth done in the bus and fronted the next day. Man. Gilbert = girl.
User avatar thehog

14 Apr 2012 03:21

:D
thehog wrote:Oh god. Why don't we apply the same rules as us mere mortals?

Last time I had tooth problems I took one hour off work got it fixed & job done.

Gilbert is making sh1t up.

Gilbert only had treatment mid March - gah!

Boonen at the Tour had his teeth done in the bus and fronted the next day. Man. Gilbert = girl.

Good post Hog!
thank you
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

14 Apr 2012 03:42

If it's not the teeth it's Ibarguren leaving. Can't see what else could be going on.
inthedrops.net

blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy

14 Apr 2012 03:50

Gosh I guess it could be complications from infection and a run-down immune system....
it does seem to just keep going on and on....

Phil get well dammit :confused::D
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

14 Apr 2012 09:24

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11617/More-bad-luck-for-Cummings-with-confirmation-of-second-fractures-this-season.aspx

Cummings suffers second fracture again. Very bad luck. No Amstel and possibly no FW and LBL too.
Gloin22

14 Apr 2012 09:29

luckyboy wrote:If it's not the teeth it's Ibarguren leaving. Can't see what else could be going on.

Yes, it's more likely to be one of those two things than something simple like a lack of proper preparation over the winter. :rolleyes:
User avatar Machu Picchu

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing