Register

Which one is the best race: Tirreno-Adriatico or Paris Nice?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Which one is the best race?

Tirreno-Adriatico
57%
Paris-Nice
43%

Total votes : 188

11 Jan 2013 19:10

Parrulo, people would get warned for posting Clenbutador, Dopestrong etc. but Piti is somehow fine?
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

11 Jan 2013 19:14

those names are much more blunt and direct to the subject then piti also piti has been used by valverde fans for years on this forum now with no relation to puerto, cineteq just complained about it because i said it and he doesn't lose a chance to have a go at trolling me ever since he got banned for trolling a couple months ago.

many posters on this very thread have said the same thing. the difference seems very obvious to me.
User avatar Parrulo

11 Jan 2013 19:17

If people don't know about Operacion Puerto then the won't get the nick name anyway. Those are different. Plus "Clenbutador" is 'forced' and annoying.
Scientific Expert
User avatar taiwan

11 Jan 2013 19:19

Parrulo wrote:every knows piti has become a short warm loving way to call valderde and it longer means what it meant after puerto.
Really? How come I don't see any friends calling him like that. If you want to justify it that way be my guest, I think it's pure BS on your part. In the end, if the other admins allow you and other members to do that, it's nothing I can do. IMO the name Piti is pure disrespect to Alejandro.

Parrulo wrote:cineteq is just trying to troll me again. . . . but i will let another admin with better judgement then mine make that decision.
Who, a friend? Btw, how can I troll you again, if I never trolled you? If anything, I've called you out many times, let's be clear there.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

11 Jan 2013 19:24

Parrulo wrote:those names are much more blunt and direct to the subject then piti also piti has been used by valverde fans for years on this forum now with no relation to puerto, cineteq just complained about it because i said it and he doesn't lose a chance to have a go at trolling me ever since he got banned for trolling a couple months ago.

many posters on this very thread have said the same thing. the difference seems very obvious to me.

I doubt Valverde would appreciate being called piti, do you? Or would he see the "warm, loving" side of it?
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

11 Jan 2013 19:55

will10 wrote:I doubt Valverde would appreciate being called piti, do you? Or would he see the "warm, loving" side of it?

Is he reading this forum?
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

11 Jan 2013 20:15

For me piti is a pet name for Valverde just like Berto or Bertie for Alberto, it sounds cute. just my 2 cents :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jan 2013 20:26

Afrank wrote:Is he reading this forum?

I don't know, is he?

You're being facetious. Do you reckon any of Valverde's friends call him piti as a pet name? Or do you think he'd take it as well as Basso takes being called Birrilo?
User avatar will10

11 Jan 2013 20:36

Let's move back to the thread topic, Tirreno-Adriatico or Paris Nice please. Thanks!
User avatar red_flanders

11 Jan 2013 20:44

will10 wrote: Do you reckon any of Valverde's friends call him piti as a pet name?

If they are anything like my friends, mercilessly ;)
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

12 Jan 2013 00:24

I used to like better Paris-Nice, but the last two years I like better Tirreno-Adriatico. :)
Passionate about road cycling competition and tactics.
@bicifanatico
User avatar bicifan

12 Jan 2013 00:40

Eshnar wrote:TA to be announced next thursday. Dunno about PN

yeah, about that^^...

Michele Acquarone ‏@micacquarone
@ammattipyoraily @TirrenAdriatico Sorry, we have to postpone the course presentation... the 17th seems to be a busy day! ;)

I posted somewhere before when the TA route was going to be announce so now it was my duty to let you guys know the TA route presentation has been postpone - new date? idk, Acquarone might tweet about it later on :)
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork

12 Jan 2013 05:36

I generally prefer Tirreno so I might be a bit bias, but this year Tirreno should be super given the names of big riders that are going to participate. I already know which one I'm going to watch, I hope the route is going to be worthy. My guess is time trial the last day same as last year, basically I'm expecting a very similar route as last year.
User avatar lukinox

21 Jan 2013 16:18

A ttt at the beginning, a tt at the end, a "real mountain stage with a steep ascent of 12 km", two for sprinters, two for classics' hunters. That's formula of this year's TA.
I hoped for a tt in the middle and conclusion with "real mountain stage".
Good to see organizers aware of (and thrilled with) the field announced for their race and fans' expectations.
Promises a good race.
User avatar serfla

21 Jan 2013 16:25

so basically lanciano is confirmed
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

Previous

Return to Professional road racing