Log in:  

Register

Lesser known race results 2012

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Mar 2012 17:47

Istrian Spring Trophy (2.2)
Prologue:


1. Ivar Slik (Rabobank CT)
2. Danny van Poppel (Rabobank CT)
3. Marko Kump (Adria Mobil)

Nice start into their first U23 season for Slik and van Poppel.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,652
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

16 Mar 2012 16:22

Handzame Classic (1.1)
03.16.12

1. Francesco Chicchi (Ita / Omega Pharma - Quick Step)
2. Marcel Kittel (All / Project 1T4I)
3. Adam Blythe (G-B / BMC)

[Some places are currently reporting Blythe second, Kittel third--still no full, official results.]
shalgo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 11 Aug 2010 13:57
Location: Pale Blue Dot

18 Mar 2012 17:05

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:Istrian Spring Trophy (2.2)
Prologue:


1. Ivar Slik (Rabobank CT)
2. Danny van Poppel (Rabobank CT)
3. Marko Kump (Adria Mobil)

Nice start into their first U23 season for Slik and van Poppel.

Stage 3:
1. Nikias Arndt LKT Team Brandenburg 03:48:23
2. Danny Van Poppel Rabobank Continental Team
3. Marko Kump Adria Mobil
4. Luka Mezgec Sava
5. Ivan Stevic Salcano Manisaspor Cycling Team

Overall:
1. Markus Eibegger Team Gourmetfein - Wels 11:37:45
2. Danny Van Poppel Rabobank Continental Team 00:03
3. Marko Kump Adria Mobil 00:05
4. Kristijan Durasek Adria Mobil 00:14
5. Volodymyr Bileka Konya Torku Seker Sport 00:16

Van Poppel got 2nd in the prologue, 4th in the MTF, and 2nd in the final bunch sprint. Cue Dekker_T with the "Van Poppel is the new..." thread ;)
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

18 Mar 2012 17:08

Is he related to all the other cycling Van Poppels?
User avatar roundabout
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,863
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

18 Mar 2012 17:10

yes. they are all sons of jean paul
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,118
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

18 Mar 2012 17:12

All of them, i.e. two. Boy and Danny.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

18 Mar 2012 17:14

Thanks to both of you.
User avatar roundabout
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,863
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

18 Mar 2012 17:14

another win for Demare...He've won the GP Cholet Pays de Loire

1 24 * Arnaud DEMARE FDJ-BigMat 05:07:20
2 56 Laurent MANGEL Saur-Sojasun 00:00:00
3 23 Mickaël DELAGE FDJ-BigMat 00:00:00
4 47 * Adrien PETIT Cofidis le Crédit en Ligne 00:00:02
5 25 Pierrick FÉDRIGO FDJ-BigMat 00:00:02
6 11 Romain FEILLU Vacansoleil - DCM Procycling Team 00:00:02
7 52 Jonathan HIVERT Saur-Sojasun 00:00:02
8 111 * Francesco LASCA Caja Rural 00:00:02
9 21 * Nacer BOUHANNI FDJ-BigMat 00:00:02
10 93 Guillaume BLOT Bretagne - Schuller 00:00:02
User avatar TeoSheva
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,860
Joined: 04 Feb 2011 10:33
Location: Zurich

18 Mar 2012 17:50

how is danny related to crashes?
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,191
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

18 Mar 2012 17:52

jens_attacks wrote:how is danny related to crashes?

You mean he's Dutch, so must crash a lot? Well, he's a good cyclocrosser as well, so I assume he's got some bike handling skills.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

18 Mar 2012 18:00

theyoungest wrote:You mean he's Dutch, so must crash a lot? Well, he's a good cyclocrosser as well, so I assume he's got some bike handling skills.


no but i see his name on the same page with a cursed word "rabobank"
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,191
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

18 Mar 2012 18:13

jens_attacks wrote:no but i see his name on the same page with a cursed word "rabobank"

Don't worry, he'll soon be turned into a crash monster ;)
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

19 Mar 2012 17:24

Tour de Normandie Prologue:

1 OLSSON Michael Team Cykelcity.se SWE les 3.4 km en 04'34''55 (moy. 44.58 km/h)
2 * BOVENHUIS Jasper Rabobank C.T. NED 04'36''38 02''
3 * SCULLY Thomas Chipotle - First Solar Dev. Team NZL 04'37''94 03''
4 * LINDAU Philip Team Cykelcity.se SWE 04'38''21 04''
5 * EASTMANN Ryan Bontrager Livestrong Team USA 04'38''34 ''
6 * VAN BAARLE Dylan Rabobank C.T. NED 04'38''60 ''
7 * CRADDOCK Lawson Bontrager Livestrong Team USA 04'39''51 05''
8 * ATKINS Joshua Bontrager Livestrong Team NZL 04'39''74 ''
9 * LE BON Johan Bretagne - Schuller FRA 04'40''19 06''
10 HUREL Tony Team Europcar FRA 04'41''05 07''

Full results at : http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/17782-tour-de-normandie-et-1-classement.html#ixzz1paIu5GHh
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,734
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 15:46
Location: Sevilla

20 Mar 2012 17:12

Tour de Normandie
stage 2:


1 12 FRA19890605 COUSIN Jérôme Team Europcar FRA 04h39'11'' 15''
2 85 FRA19850828 MALLE Guillaume Veranda Rideau - Super U FRA 04h39'11'' 8''
3 75 MDA19870113 PLIUSCHIN Alexandr Leopard - Trek C.T. MDA 04h39'15'' 04'' 9''
4 46 BEL19890809 VAN HOECKE Justin Wallonie Bruxelles - C.A. BEL 04h41'30'' 02'19''
5 165 NED19910219 * HAVIK Yoeri Cyclingteam De Rijke NED 04h41'30'' ''
6 113 KAZ19870307 TLEUBAYEV Ruslan C.T. Astana KAZ 04h41'30'' ''
7 152 NOR19891207 BUGGE Vegar Robinson Joker Merida NOR 04h41'30'' ''
8 166 NED19881129 TE BRAKE Remco Cyclingteam De Rijke NED 04h41'30'' ''
9 1 FRA19810307 BLAIN Alexandre Endura Racing FRA 04h41'30'' ''
10 71 ITA19900809 * ALAFACI Eugénio Leopard - Trek C.T. ITA 04h41'30'' ''
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,652
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

21 Mar 2012 10:27

Ian Wilkinson (Endura), wins this morning's short 3rd stage of Tour de Normandie.

Can't find full result yet.
hatcher
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,787
Joined: 24 Jul 2010 21:16

21 Mar 2012 11:26

hatcher wrote:Ian Wilkinson (Endura), wins this morning's short 3rd stage of Tour de Normandie.

Can't find full result yet.


Stage:
1. Ian Wilkinson Endura Racing 01:15:18
2. Ruslan Tleubayev Continental Team Astana st
3. Johan Landstrom Team CykelCity.se st
4. Gael Malacarne Bretagne Schuller st
5. Jasper Bovenhuis Rabobank Continental Team 01:05
6. Yoeri Havik Cycling Team De Rijke st
7. Giorgio Brambilla Leopard TREK st
8. Laurent Pichon Bretagne Schuller st
9. Nick Van Der Lijke Rabobank Continental Team st
10. Scott Thwaites Endura Racing st

GC:
1. Jérôme Cousin Europcar 06:00:07
2. Guillaume Malle Team Véranda Rideau-U 00:06
3. Alexandr Pliuschin Leopard TREK 00:19
4. Johan Landstrom Team CykelCity.se 01:22
5. Ian Wilkinson Endura Racing st
6. Ruslan Tleubayev Continental Team Astana 01:26
7. Gael Malacarne Bretagne Schuller 01:29
8. Michael Olsson Team CykelCity.se 02:20
9. Jasper Bovenhuis Rabobank Continental Team 02:22
10. Thomas Scully Chipotle - First Solar 02:23
Reverend_T_Preedy
Junior Member
 
Posts: 539
Joined: 12 Feb 2010 09:37
Location: Gods Own County

21 Mar 2012 11:26

Cheers Rev.
hatcher
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,787
Joined: 24 Jul 2010 21:16

22 Mar 2012 19:59

Volta ao Alentejo - short Portuguese stage race returning to its more traditional spot on the calendar after a couple of summer editions. UCI 2.2.

Stage 1: Castelo de Vide - Redondo, 166km

Image

Initial break of the day:

Kirill Sveshnikov (Lokosphinx)
Darren Lill (Bonitas)
David Belda (BH Burgos)
Daan Olivier (Rabobank Continental)
René Hooghiemster (NSP)
Omar Fraile (Orbea)

Lill took all the Metas Volantes and GPM points available to the break.

Efapel-Glassdrive and Carmim-Prio paced the péloton. On the second passage of the Serra d'Ossa, José João Mendes (LA-Antarte) did what he does best and attacked, chased by Daniel Silva (Onda). Mendes was first over the second passage of the GPM, and was very strong; he was only taken back in by the péloton with just over one kilometre to go.

In the end, he couldn't prevent the sprint, won by former Andalucía Argentine Jorgé Montenegro:

1 Jorgé Martín Montenegro (Louletano-Dunas Douradas)
2 Samuel Caldeira (Carmim-Prio) +mt
3 José Gonçalves (Onda-Boavista) +mt
4 Jon Aberasturi (Orbea) +mt
5 Bruno Saraiva (Louletano-Dunas Douradas) +mt
6 Marco Cunha (Liberty Seguros) +mt
7 Grzegorz Stepniak (CCC Polsat-Polkowice) +mt
8 Marc Goos (Rabobank Continental) +mt
9 Daan Olivier (Rabobank Continental) +mt
10 Marco Minnaard (Rabobank Continental) +mt
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,683
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

22 Mar 2012 20:00

Libertine Seguros wrote:Volta ao Alentejo - short Portuguese stage race returning to its more traditional spot on the calendar after a couple of summer editions. UCI 2.2.

Stage 1: Castelo de Vide - Redondo, 166km

Image

Initial break of the day:

Kirill Sveshnikov (Lokosphinx)
Darren Lill (Bonitas)
David Belda (BH Burgos)
Daan Olivier (Rabobank Continental)
René Hooghiemster (NSP)
Omar Fraile (Orbea)

Lill took all the Metas Volantes and GPM points available to the break.

Efapel-Glassdrive and Carmim-Prio paced the péloton. On the second passage of the Serra d'Ossa, José João Mendes (LA-Antarte) did what he does best and attacked, chased by Daniel Silva (Onda). Mendes was first over the second passage of the GPM, and was very strong; he was only taken back in by the péloton with just over one kilometre to go.

In the end, he couldn't prevent the sprint, won by former Andalucía Argentine Jorgé Montenegro:

1 Jorgé Martín Montenegro (Louletano-Dunas Douradas)
2 Samuel Caldeira (Carmim-Prio) +mt
3 José Gonçalves (Onda-Boavista) +mt
4 Jon Aberasturi (Orbea) +mt
5 Bruno Saraiva (Louletano-Dunas Douradas) +mt
6 Marco Cunha (Liberty Seguros) +mt
7 Grzegorz Stepniak (CCC Polsat-Polkowice) +mt
8 Marc Goos (Rabobank Continental) +mt
9 Daan Olivier (Rabobank Continental) +mt
10 Marco Minnaard (Rabobank Continental) +mt


Good to see Goos up there; he is going to be a good rider someday hopefully :)
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,170
Joined: 15 Feb 2011 02:57
Location: Wisconsin

22 Mar 2012 20:25

I'm more impressed by Daan Olivier managing 9th after being in the break of the day...

This has got a pretty decent field actually, 12 Continental teams (Efapel-Glassdrive, Carmim-Prio, LA-Antarte and Onda-Boavista from the home nation, then BH Burgos-Castilla y León and Orbea from Spain, Lokosphinx and Itera-Katyusha from Russia, Bonitas from South Africa, NSP from Germany, Rabo Continental and CC Polsat) along with 7 Portuguese amateur teams (CC JM Nicolau, Liberty Seguros, Maia, OFM-Valongo and I think Mortágua are U23 teams, while Louletano-Dunas Douradas and ASC KTM-Vitória are elite amateur teams that used to be Continental Pro) and one Spanish (Spol-Nova Caixa Galicia).

The rest of the race:

Stage 2:
Image

Stage 3:
Image
(this one could well be very windy)

Stage 4:
Image
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,683
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronstein, Eagle, Echoes, Google [Bot], slosada, The fridge in the blue trees, TMP402, TomasC and 44 guests

Back to top