Register

Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

21 Mar 2012 16:35

Seems like the guy cant ride a race without someone finding a problem with him. Maybe we could just post it in here rather than clogging up endless race threads with 'Cav sucks' comments?
User avatar Richeypen

21 Mar 2012 16:37

Cav sucks.

There...
Rest In Peace:
Craig Walsh 1985 - 2012
User avatar Havetts

21 Mar 2012 17:07

We need a sub-forum in the road racing forum specifically for appreciation and depreciation threads.
User avatar Afrank

21 Mar 2012 17:09

Afrank wrote:We need a sub-forum in the road racing forum specifically for appreciation and depreciation threads.

Nah, subforums are just ways of making things die. This forum is not busy enough to need to stamp out further discussion in the main section.
Waterloo Sunrise

21 Mar 2012 17:31

Cav shoud stop whining and start racing :D
User avatar Lexman

21 Mar 2012 17:43

This Cav thing is going off the rails. Never noticed it being this big last year. Now I don't like the guy. But I also don't like having pages and pages on race discussion being turned into Cav, specially when what he said on twitter or did (n't) on the bike isn't relevant to the race.

So hopefully this provides a place for some people to vent their frustations...
User avatar canyonball

21 Mar 2012 17:54

Things I've learnt about Cav on this forum...

He doesn't win enough races for a man of his talent.

He's boring because he wins too many races.

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

He's a one trick pony who should develop his abilities to allow him to be successful in other races.

He shouldn't be riding races like RvV and P-R, it's just disrespecting these races.

He should shut his gob more after races.

He didn't really ought to be ignoring the media after races.
King Of The Wolds

21 Mar 2012 17:55

King Of The Wolds wrote:Things I've learnt about Cav on this forum...

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

He's a one trick pony who should develop his abilities to allow him to be successful in other races.

He shouldn't be riding races like RvV and P-R, it's just disrespecting these races.

:D

(10 chars)
Frosty

21 Mar 2012 18:11

King Of The Wolds wrote:Things I've learnt about Cav on this forum...

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

Proven once again today.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

21 Mar 2012 18:14

But he's got a hot girlfriend.
Edit to add the depreciation: Too hot for a man of his looks.
Nick C.

21 Mar 2012 18:16

And a pretty rainbow jersey.

Which he doesn't deserve.
hatcher

21 Mar 2012 18:17

El Pistolero wrote:Proven once again today.

Yes indeed with your post it has been proven that that is what is said about Cav on the forum.
User avatar Froome19

21 Mar 2012 18:44

Some people don't like Cav.

Stop. The. Press.
User avatar Andy99

21 Mar 2012 18:45

Great thread Richeypen.
It could run longer than the Armstrong Fed Ex thread in the clinic.

El Pistachio now has a new home, while he waits for Gilbert to stay on his bike and actually do something that Cav has done a few times already this season: win a race.

I stand about where canyonball does on the subject. Off the rails, sums up the subjectivity surrounding the guy.
Mellow Velo

21 Mar 2012 18:53

Mellow Velo wrote:Great thread Richeypen.
It could run longer than the Armstrong Fed Ex thread in the clinic.

El Pistachio now has a new home, while he waits for Gilbert to stay on his bike and actually do something that Cav has done a few times already this season: win a race.

I stand about where canyonball does on the subject. Off the rails, sums up the subjectivity surrounding the guy.

So you're complaining someone is depreciating Cav in a depreciation thread? You're not very clever, huh?

Cav wins races and gets dropped on le Manie. :o Says a lot about those wins don't you think? Don't worry, I'll still be posting it in the race threads instead of here. :)

Topic starter reminds me of Chris Crocker by the way. Really, grow up. People post hateful stuff on race threads all the time. You think this only happens to Cavendish? The person I'm quoting here trolls BMC in every single race thread. Big deal, just ignore it instead of trying to play the victim. Or is it ok to troll other cyclists as long as it's not Frodo?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

21 Mar 2012 19:00

Wrote his autobiography before he learned to stop sucking his thumb.
User avatar Wallace

21 Mar 2012 19:03

Lexman wrote:Cav shoud stop whining and start racing :D

true, and stop complaining the team didn't do this or that.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

21 Mar 2012 19:04

El Pistolero wrote:So you're complaining someone is depreciating Cav in a depreciation thread? You're not very clever, huh?

Cav wins races and gets dropped on le Manie. :o Says a lot about those wins don't you think? Don't worry, I'll still be posting it in the race threads instead of here. :)

Topic starter reminds me of Chris Crocker by the way. Really, grow up. People post hateful stuff on race threads all the time. You think this only happens to Cavendish? The person I'm quoting here trolls BMC in every single race thread. Big deal, just ignore it instead of trying to play the victim. Or is it ok to troll other cyclists as long as it's not Frodo?

Wow you just managed to insult every single sprinter... How is Greipel then any better than Cav, even if he has a tad more ability in classics etc he also gets all his wins by sprinting...
User avatar Froome19

21 Mar 2012 19:06

Lexman wrote:Cav shoud stop whining and start racing :D

So how does he win then, if he doesnt race? :rolleyes:
User avatar Froome19

21 Mar 2012 19:07

Froome19 wrote:Wow you just managed to insult every single sprinter... How is Greipel then any better than Cav, even if he has a tad more ability in classics etc he also gets all his wins by sprinting...

Greipel crashed at the Cipressa, what are you talking about? He didn't suck nearly as hard as Cavendish. Cavendish was sitting in the Gruppeto when Greipel won his second stage in the Tour of Oman.

Greipel is a classy guy, last year he worked his balls off many times during races for his leader. I respect him for that. He also won a few stages from a breakaway which shows that he's not just a sprinter. He can be a very entertaining rider.

User avatar El Pistolero

Next

Return to Professional road racing