Register

March 27-29: 36th KBC Driedaagse van De Panne - Koksijde (2.HC)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

29 Mar 2012 16:39

Waterloo Sunrise wrote:The last year of Ardennes classics in the BJTL era.

...or the pre quintana era ;-)
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

29 Mar 2012 17:11

boomcie wrote:Every big team that willingly lets Chavanel go on Sunday is retarded.

So just Radioshack then.

===

Anyway, I had a feeling this was going to happen. Can't say I'm surprised. :)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

29 Mar 2012 18:06

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Indeed. I don't expect anything from Westra. Cobbled classics are too nervous for him anyway and he isn't that good on cobbled climbs.

I hope he has something left for the ardennes though. The way he dropped Valverde and Cunego on Mende suggests he could do something there

Forget about Westra. What's Poels going to do?
User avatar hrotha

29 Mar 2012 18:13

hrotha wrote:Forget about Westra. What's Poels going to do?

Poels and Johnny super tandem! Although Poels said he might skip AGR to fully focus on Fleche Wallone.
User avatar classicomano

29 Mar 2012 18:32

classicomano wrote:Poels and Johnny super tandem! Allthough Poels said he might skip AGR to fully focus on Fleche Wallone.

Which, for a Dutchman, and a Limburger at that, is pretty refreshing. I doubt he'll actually do it though.
theyoungest

29 Mar 2012 20:00

Congrats to Kristoff for stage a ( good to see him sprinting well ).

Great ride by Chavanel. Nice rides by Tuft and Terpstra along with Westra ( who went well but beaten by Chavanel on superior form ) and Bodnar ( who ends up working for team leaders more than racing for himself ).
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
User avatar greenedge

29 Mar 2012 20:09

greenedge wrote:Congrats to Kristoff for stage a ( good to see him sprinting well ).

Great ride by Chavanel. Nice rides by Tuft and Terpstra along with Westra ( who went well but beaten by Chavanel on superior form ) and Bodnar ( who ends up working for team leaders more than racing for himself ).

You know it's Bodnar from Bank BGZ and not the one from Liquigas right ? ;)
Gloin22

29 Mar 2012 21:45

Told you someone from QST would win :D
inthedrops.net

blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy

30 Mar 2012 00:59

Yeah! I got a prediction right. I think I was the only one on this entire forum that predicted Chavanel to win :D
Swede1

Previous

Return to Professional road racing