Log in:  

Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

TV coverage in the US

04 Apr 2012 01:48

Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?
Mainerider
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 24 Jun 2009 14:45

04 Apr 2012 02:38

Mainerider wrote:Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?


Hi Mainerider.
There is internet info on steephill.tv and cyclingfans.com listing feeds and times for most major races. In my experience sporza is great for classics etc and I get great feed from Gazzetta for the Giro and rai does Italian races and other....

Eurosport is English commentary but does not always show here , most times it will though.

There is a thread here already I think in this thread about Universal Sports...and options
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,221
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

04 Apr 2012 02:39

Mainerider wrote:Are there any options for watching pro cycling in the US except for NBC ?
Pay per view?
Streaming over the internet?


See this thread: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16079

The other option is Universal Spoerts either on DirecTV or on-line. But it seems they are redoing their website and I cannot get to my library :(

It better be back for tomorrows big stage in the Basque Country or I'll be royally ****ed!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

04 Apr 2012 02:41

Ah Carols you beat me to it....was just going to post the link...thanks! :D
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,221
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

04 Apr 2012 02:42

Sre you able to get in US mewmew?
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

04 Apr 2012 02:56

Carols wrote:Sre you able to get in US mewmew?


yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.
:)
AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can :cool:

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,221
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

04 Apr 2012 03:05

mewmewmew13 wrote:yes, we signed up for the spring package. It's been great. I still watch my live feeds from Europe in the mornings for the races to see the finish, but then I can watch more later at my leisure and races or stages that I choose.
:)
AND I get to see the Giro. Although I really like to watch Gazzetta feed if I can :cool:

To clarify...we don't have Universal available on our DirecTv but online...and we plug the laptop into our hd tv screen sometimes.


No I mean right now....I can't get to it. Wanted to watch today's stage of Basque and I have no Library :(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

04 Apr 2012 23:30

Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support


At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package :mad:
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

05 Apr 2012 00:05

Carols wrote:Still doesn't work. Tomorrow I'll be available to watch live streams so will settle for Spanish feed if it still isn't working.

Received this today after 4 increasingly nasty emails to Customer Support in the last 2 days:

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your inquiry!

At this time Universal Sports is currently in the process of solving all issues regarding all website changes. We sincerely apologize for any inconveinence that this may have caused you. Please allow us some time to resolve any current and future issues. If you paid for any events, and would rather have us refund your money, we are able to do so after a full investigation of your purchase.

Again we apologize, and if you can just be patient with us, we can assure you the best experience with Universal Sports.

Thank You,
Universal Sports Customer Support


At this point I can hardly recommend you spend money on Universal Sports on-line package :mad:


oh gosh. I was using sporza and didn't have a chance to look at US! will do . THAT is a drag. They had better get their stuff together before the Giro. :mad:

..and after all that hype.
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,221
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

05 Apr 2012 15:43

Well US live streaming is working, got to see today's stage on my TV via HDMI cable with Gogo and Steve :)

Still no Library but they are working on it I hope.....
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

06 Apr 2012 14:53

Carols wrote:Well US live streaming is working, got to see today's stage on my TV via HDMI cable with Gogo and Steve :)

Still no Library but they are working on it I hope.....


Yeah they better be... the Tour of the Basque country I can forgive, but the Giro is the reason I bought this package. If they don't get the "library" link working by then, I'll be first in line for a refund...
"He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."
User avatar royalpig180
Junior Member
 
Posts: 631
Joined: 28 May 2010 02:36
Location: USA

07 Apr 2012 19:27

I'm following this thread with interest, as I'm considering purchasing the giro package.

It was a shame when comcast dropped Universal Sports.
User avatar Potomac
Junior Member
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 22 Jan 2010 21:48

07 Apr 2012 23:39

Potomac wrote:I'm following this thread with interest, as I'm considering purchasing the giro package.

It was a shame when comcast dropped Universal Sports.


Yes it's Shame comcast doesn't have it anymore :(

Until they redid their website on stage 2 of Basque I was quite happy with the on-line package. Could watch live or on-demand. Hooked up computer to tv with HDMI. Added advantage was during 'commercials' they continue the feed without commentary so you never missed an attack etc.

But they rolled out a new website and it is Very Buggy :( I was ****ed....kept trying to watch and no link or link didn't work...no schedule...and no library for on-demand replays. It is still a mess but at least I won't try to use it everyday now that Basque is over.

I'll check in a week and let you know how they are coming along. The new version is better as it has true full screen viewing and a point in time advance feature during on-demand replay. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out soon! If it's still a mess for the Giro I will go Ballistic and ask for my $$ back.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

08 Apr 2012 03:45

Yeah its ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt even let me log in to the website. It seems like they deleted my account or something. I missed most of pais vasco because of it. They better fix this soon or ill just get my money back and try something else like cycling.tv
Swede1
Junior Member
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 07 Jun 2011 19:01
Location: Virginia

08 Apr 2012 12:18

Swede1 wrote:Yeah its ****ing ridiculous. It doesnt even let me log in to the website. It seems like they deleted my account or something. I missed most of pais vasco because of it. They better fix this soon or ill just get my money back and try something else like cycling.tv



Write to Customer Service...I couldn't log in either but they fixed it after I complained Vociferiously!!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

09 Apr 2012 01:17

Carols wrote:Write to Customer Service...I couldn't log in either but they fixed it after I complained Vociferiously!!!


Alright ive only written once so now I will really start to ramp up the complaints.
Swede1
Junior Member
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 07 Jun 2011 19:01
Location: Virginia

09 Apr 2012 02:59

Someone needs to let the brass know that the web designers are only keeping themselve's happy. Who wants to keep jumping through hoops with a new page design.

I just keep logging on and after ten to twenty tries, I'm in. What a joy it is.:(
I tell ya, it's not the water.
User avatar BillytheKid
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,441
Joined: 01 Jun 2011 06:13
Location: Left of the Duke City

09 Apr 2012 05:58

Potomac wrote:It was a shame when comcast dropped Universal Sports.


I wrote about this somewhat extensively in the past, lamenting first Universal leaving independence and selling to Comcast to begin with. Before that we didn't have to listen to P&P, who have become so bad I'd rather listen in a foreign language I do not speak.

I wrote quote a bit in that thread, and a previous one, about it. Here's that post if you'd like the history.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,217
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 03:51
Location: New England

19 Apr 2012 01:34

Np progress...I was given a ticket # a week ago but haven't heard a word since. Yesterday I requested a refund...probably will get no response to that either :( US S*CKS :mad:
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,633
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

19 Apr 2012 03:19

Carols wrote:Np progress...I was given a ticket # a week ago but haven't heard a word since. Yesterday I requested a refund...probably will get no response to that either :( US S*CKS :mad:


And to top it off KEEP US just posted some spam in the forum tonight!!!

boy they had better fix their stuff before the Giro or I will do something drastic :eek::mad:

..I wondered about that useless new look the website had....complete runaround..
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,221
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: goggalor, Google [Bot], HelloDolly, Koba80, Marco Pantani, Poursuivant, TheGreenMonkey, TMP402, Tonton, UselessToo, Wallenquist, WoodmanWoody and 67 guests

Back to top