Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

04 May 2013 19:51

I found out I do not even have the channel on Directv...nor do I have Universal
..watched it on live ES

I guess we have the cheapo pkg and now will have to call to add the sports stuff...
I heard one twit comment from @nyvelocity this morning...at 6k to go an ad on BEin...:eek:

any other comments on BEin HD?
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

05 May 2013 01:51

mewmewmew13 wrote:I found out I do not even have the channel on Directv...nor do I have Universal
..watched it on live ES

I guess we have the cheapo pkg and now will have to call to add the sports stuff...
I heard one twit comment from @nyvelocity this morning...at 6k to go an ad on BEin...:eek:

any other comments on BEin HD?

Show started 30min late due to stupid soccer going overtime...but Great HD pic, commentary by Kirby and Lloyd. Yes there was a commercial within the final few km..????? go figure.

I watched stream until it came on, definitely prefer beIN than streams that stop and drop and have just as many commercials!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

05 May 2013 23:10

so happy that BeIn Sports has decided to cover cycling

Universal Sports, while it has pretty good coverage as far as number of races, the picture quality is just awful and standard definition

NBC Sports, other than the Tour, covers the worst races possible it seems and not very many at that

hopefully BeIN can get the Tour and Vuelta if the rights are available
King of the Mountains

06 May 2013 01:35

King of the Mountains wrote:so happy that BeIn Sports has decided to cover cycling

Universal Sports, while it has pretty good coverage as far as number of races, the picture quality is just awful and standard definition

NBC Sports, other than the Tour, covers the worst races possible it seems and not very many at that

hopefully BeIN can get the Tour and Vuelta if the rights are available

Hopefully a lot of people watch it on BeIN as well, and that makes them decide to carry more cycling events.
Was very happy when I heard BeIN would have all 21 stages, as I was very disappointed when the Giro didn't appear on Universals schedule. This way I don't have to rely on highlights, but can still watch stages in full if I miss them live. :)
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

06 May 2013 02:12

Afrank wrote:Hopefully a lot of people watch it on BeIN as well, and that makes them decide to carry more cycling events.
Was very happy when I heard BeIN would have all 21 stages, as I was very disappointed when the Giro didn't appear on Universals schedule. This way I don't have to rely on highlights, but can still watch stages in full if I miss them live. :)

Is BeIN a extra paid channel? I can't find it in my comcast package
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

06 May 2013 02:21

maxmartin wrote:Is BeIN a extra paid channel? I can't find it in my comcast package

Yes, you pay extra for it on dish. It's part of a sports package.

Edit: A quick Google gave me this
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Comcast-adds-beIN-Sports-English-feed-drops-Gol-TV.html

And on BeIN's website this
• Comcast has launched beIN SPORT across the U.S. Please contact your local Comcast office for channel information.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

06 May 2013 02:22

maxmartin wrote:Is BeIN a extra paid channel? I can't find it in my comcast package

Don't know about comcast. I have DISH and had to get 250 channel package to get it + Red Zone Sports package to get Universal.

beIN shows many races delayed, like todays TTT, and I've already seen on streams (like today) but it is great to rewatch parts or record if I'm not available to see streams. Plus they had the rights to RvV and Never aired it....haven't seen it yet since it was on Easter day and I was out....

So I'm not crazy about them but sure beats No Giro :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

06 May 2013 03:05

OOps I was wrong. beIN is included in the Multi-Sport Red Zone package on DISH, this package also includes Universal and is only $9.00 per month. I needed the 250 channel package to get NBCSports...which sucks but has le Tour live so I need it LOL :)

EDIT:beIN is in the 250 package which includes NBCSports. Plus it is in the Multi-Sport Red Zone package that includes Universal. If you want all 3 you need both the 250 and Multi-Sport like I have (so I pay for it twice LOL!). If you can live without NBCSports you can get both beIN and Universal for $9.00 per month via the Multi-Sport package.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

06 May 2013 03:40

Afrank wrote:Yes, you pay extra for it on dish. It's part of a sports package.

Edit: A quick Google gave me this
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Comcast-adds-beIN-Sports-English-feed-drops-Gol-TV.html

And on BeIN's website this

I am in bay area. I called xfinity, the CSR first told me they never heard of this channel, then told me they simply don't provide this channel in my area. I don't know if that is true or not. I will try again on Monday.:(
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

06 May 2013 13:24

Hey thanks never heard of beIN. I have it on Dish #871 not #408 as listed
"Hit it with an iron" said the old pro.
User avatar krebs303

06 May 2013 13:36

krebs303 wrote:Hey thanks never heard of beIN. I have it on Dish #871 not #408 as listed

871 is SD for me; try 392 it is HD beIN :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

06 May 2013 19:08

On my Fios it comes as part of package for $9.99 per mo, so if I cancel after one month the giro in HD cost me only 10 bucks.
User avatar Potomac

07 May 2013 02:26

Potomac wrote:On my Fios it comes as part of package for $9.99 per mo, so if I cancel after one month the giro in HD cost me only 10 bucks.

Can't beat that :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

24 May 2013 12:41

Does anybody know about Dauphine and tour de Suisse coverage in the US?

It looks like Dauphine is only two highlight shows on NBC Sports, and I can't find anything about tour of Switzerland.
User avatar Potomac

24 May 2013 13:31

Potomac wrote:Does anybody know about Dauphine and tour de Suisse coverage in the US?

It looks like Dauphine is only two highlight shows on NBC Sports, and I can't find anything about tour of Switzerland.

You have it correct to date. I can't find anything else either :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

27 May 2013 02:59

Carols wrote:You have it correct to date. I can't find anything else either :(

D@mn was just trying to find something also...:(
User avatar mewmewmew13

27 May 2013 03:30

Funny enough you're on about this.

I ask Robert Hatch on twitter earlier if the Tour de Suisse was on Sky Sports instead of Eurosport this year. He said it was on Bein Sport also in the US.

Robert Hatch ‏@robhatchtv 6h
@gooner_irl Sky Sports for UK, BeIn Sport for US & others around world.
User avatar gooner

27 May 2013 03:40

gooner wrote:Funny enough you're on about this.

I ask Robert Hatch on twitter earlier if the Tour de Suisse was on Sky Sports instead of Eurosport this year. He said it was on Bein Sport also in the US.

really!
thnx....it may well be. they don't seem to announce things much in advance :confused:
User avatar mewmewmew13

27 May 2013 03:43

mewmewmew13 wrote:really!
thnx....it may well be. they don't seem to announce things much in advance :confused:

Robert Hatch is doing the international commentary for Suisse so he would know who is showing it worldwide.

You will be listening to his commentary more than likely.
User avatar gooner

27 May 2013 03:44

thank you gooner :)

gives us hope then...
User avatar mewmewmew13

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing