Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Jan 2014 00:12

i looked through the TV listings the other day and saw that NBC Sports is showing the Tour Down Under tape delayed daily, in the evening. that's it so far. i would think that Universal will show San Luis, as they did last year.
User avatar zlev11

27 Jan 2014 18:39

I dvr'd most stages on NBC SN, but they had their schedule screwed so one stage was hockey, and a couple of other stages were only half recorded.

Meanwhile check out the 2014 sched:

PN one single recap show
CI
PR - live ? starts early sunday am
FW
LBL
ToC - daily
Daupine - daily replay

and Le Tour, of course

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling/nbc-sports-group-2014-cycling-schedule
User avatar Potomac

27 Jan 2014 19:24

Potomac wrote:I dvr'd most stages on NBC SN, but they had their schedule screwed so one stage was hockey, and a couple of other stages were only half recorded.

Meanwhile check out the 2014 sched:

PN one single recap show
CI
PR - live ? starts early sunday am
FW
LBL
ToC - daily
Daupine - daily replay

and Le Tour, of course

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling/nbc-sports-group-2014-cycling-schedule

Since when did they stop broadcasting TdS?

I liked their coverage and commentarie of the 2012 edition. The only time I watched NBC.
User avatar BigMac

28 Jan 2014 00:54

they lost the rights for TdS, Flanders, and Romandie to BeIn Sport last year

i'm really disappointed that they won't be showing Paris-Nice like they usually do. their coverage of it was awesome last year, i believe they had 90 minute shows for each stage, and now it's just one recap show.

at least the Dauphine will be at a reasonable time this year, and not at 2am like last season.
User avatar zlev11

28 Jan 2014 01:06

zlev11 wrote:they lost the rights for TdS, Flanders, and Romandie to BeIn Sport last year

Yes and beIN never showed RvV :( I did see the others. beIN also got all the RCS races (outbid Universal) and had decent coverage of all of them!

The only schedule I've seen though is NBC SN.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

28 Jan 2014 01:59

aww…here we go again..:(
every season we have to fight for every scrap of cycling coverage we can get…

cyclingtv doesn't seem to be anyone's friend….they screwed me last year..removed races after showing only highlights for the rest :mad:

now Universal is acting up…

BeIn aren't showing the classics? sad times...
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

01 Feb 2014 00:03

Okay so the Dubai Tour is on Universal!!! Only reason I know is because my DVR is setup to record anything on Universal named cycling. I was scrolling through the list of scheduled recordings on the DVR and there is was!!! Delayed coverage, I assume, starts 2/5 at 6PM EST and each day at that time through the end of the race.

edit: there is still No Schedule up on their website, sigh!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

05 Feb 2014 20:21

Good: Universal has a race.

Bad: Universal isn't offered by my cable provider (FIOS)
User avatar Potomac

05 Feb 2014 20:44

Potomac wrote:Good: Universal has a race.

Bad: Universal isn't offered by my cable provider (FIOS)

That's odd. I have Verizon Fios, and I have Universal Sports in my lineup. It should be channel 596. Verizon picked up a contract for it at some point in 2013.
User avatar Moviefan1203

05 Feb 2014 21:36

Moviefan1203 wrote:That's odd. I have Verizon Fios, and I have Universal Sports in my lineup. It should be channel 596. Verizon picked up a contract for it at some point in 2013.

ahhhh....HA! Thanks for telling me. I googled it and the announcement was made in october.

$9.99 month and includes several other channels, including Bein and the cricket channel...an entire channel devoted to cricket!
User avatar Potomac

05 Feb 2014 23:04

Potomac wrote:ahhhh....HA! Thanks for telling me. I googled it and the announcement was made in october.

$9.99 month and includes several other channels, including Bein and the cricket channel...an entire channel devoted to cricket!

My pleasure. :)
User avatar Moviefan1203

06 Feb 2014 14:37

Universal finally posted their 2014 Schedule

http://universalsports.com/2014/02/04/2014-cycling-schedule/

It is fairly impressive if perhaps a little cryptic:
Dubai - daily
Oman - daily
Catalunya -daily
E3 Hrelbeke - live?
3 day Pann - daily live?

Basque country? daily
Eschborn-Frankfurt?
Dunkirk - daily

Vuelta - daily
User avatar Potomac

06 Feb 2014 14:42

Wow, that's a pretty disappointing schedule of races there. :( Hopefully Bein and NBC will have the other key races of the year and round it out.
User avatar Afrank

06 Feb 2014 14:50

Potomac wrote:Universal finally posted their 2014 Schedule

http://universalsports.com/2014/02/04/2014-cycling-schedule/

It is fairly impressive if perhaps a little cryptic:
Dubai - daily
Oman - daily
Catalunya -daily
E3 Hrelbeke - live?
3 day Pann - daily live?

Basque country? daily
Eschborn-Frankfurt?
Dunkirk - daily

Vuelta - daily

Cryptic indeed!!! About the same as last year I don't think we've lost anything. beIN took all the RCS races last year and only showed the Giro live.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

06 Feb 2014 14:53

So assuming Giro is on Bein in 2014 (and i don't know that it is)

We still need:

daily P-N (right now it looks like just one summary broadcast)

T-A
MSR
Flanders
Suisse
User avatar Potomac

06 Feb 2014 15:06

Anyone know if one of NBC or Bein will have the Ardennes? Who was it last year? I've forgotten.
User avatar Afrank

06 Feb 2014 15:26

Is there any way to get universal on ipad or computer if your cable satellite provider doesn't carry them? Live i mean not the post stream or review
User avatar Boeing

06 Feb 2014 16:13

Boeing wrote:Is there any way to get universal on ipad or computer if your cable satellite provider doesn't carry them? Live i mean not the post stream or review

Unfortunately no :( You must be a subscriber to the tv station to get the streams. It is why I switched to DISH in 2012. Prior to that I was able to buy the stream signal package, alas no more.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

06 Feb 2014 16:16

Potomac wrote:So assuming Giro is on Bein in 2014 (and i don't know that it is)

We still need:

daily P-N (right now it looks like just one summary broadcast)

T-A
MSR
Flanders
Suisse

beIN had T-A, MSR and Lombardia last year as well as E3 and Strade Bianchi.

NBC Sports has rights to P-N and Suisse as far as I know and they have become the worst cycling station :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

06 Feb 2014 17:41

Boeing wrote:Is there any way to get universal on ipad or computer if your cable satellite provider doesn't carry them? Live i mean not the post stream or review

http://www.dishworld.com/sports

$10 per month and install the app, you get BeIn and Universal on your computer. You can also get a Roku box which hooks up to a TV with an HDMI cable and download the DishWorld app for free.

I have it, because my cable provider doesn't even offer either of those channels, and it works really well. Everything they show is also on demand, so you can watch it whenever, like if you were DVR'ing the entire schedule. i watched the first stage of Dubai Tour with it yesterday, it worked great.
User avatar zlev11

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing