Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Feb 2014 23:09

zlev11 wrote:http://www.dishworld.com/sports

$10 per month and install the app, you get BeIn and Universal on your computer. You can also get a Roku box which hooks up to a TV with an HDMI cable and download the DishWorld app for free.

I have it, because my cable provider doesn't even offer either of those channels, and it works really well. Everything they show is also on demand, so you can watch it whenever, like if you were DVR'ing the entire schedule. i watched the first stage of Dubai Tour with it yesterday, it worked great.

Holy crap, when did this come out? Would have saved me lots of $$$$. Looks like it is offered by DISH!!! Once my contract is over that satellite is gone, gone, gone! I'm sure DISH won't let me out of the contract even if this is their product.....
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

07 Feb 2014 17:18

User avatar Afrank

07 Feb 2014 17:35

$10 per month and install the app, you get BeIn and Universal on your computer. You can also get a Roku box which hooks up to a TV with an HDMI cable and download the DishWorld app for free.

I have it, because my cable provider doesn't even offer either of those channels, and it works really well. Everything they show is also on demand, so you can watch it whenever, like if you were DVR'ing the entire schedule. i watched the first stage of Dubai Tour with it yesterday, it worked great.

I see a couple options…which Roku do you have? and does it matter? wondering because I see the option of Roku 3 vs roku LT...:confused:
figure that one is a lower end model….
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

07 Feb 2014 18:13

i have the Roku 3, but i'm pretty sure it works with all of the Roku's. i got the 3 because it supposedly has a faster internet connection. it was only $50 more than the LT so i figured i'd rather be safe than sorry.
User avatar zlev11

07 Feb 2014 19:16

you. are. a. godsend! i'll check into this.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

07 Feb 2014 21:19

beIN is showing the Lady's Quatar every day this week. Is anyone watching??? I'm not.......... Give me a petition for more Elite Men's RR please :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

07 Feb 2014 22:58

Publicus wrote:you. are. a. godsend! i'll check into this.

I agree. Thank you for posting this. It took me all of 2 mins to sign up.

Does it matter who the cable or satellite carrier is? Do some carriers offer more coverage through beIN/ Universal than others?

There are several android sport tv apps out there that will offer live Eurosport coverage...of course, those apps tend to get removed from the play store after a while.
User avatar Rossco8

08 Feb 2014 03:09

zlev11 wrote:i have the Roku 3, but i'm pretty sure it works with all of the Roku's. i got the 3 because it supposedly has a faster internet connection. it was only $50 more than the LT so i figured i'd rather be safe than sorry.

thanx :)
yes I did a bit of reading about them..looks as if the 3 is faster and also HD and has the best features if you need them..
the price is right. thanks for the info
User avatar mewmewmew13

08 Feb 2014 03:37

Carols wrote:beIN is showing the Lady's Quatar every day this week. Is anyone watching??? I'm not.......... Give me a petition for more Elite Men's RR please :)

Qatar is just a boring race in general, men or women. Races like the Giro Rosa can be just as exciting as the men's races.

I'll sign any petition that's about getting more bike racing on the TV. I don't really care what gender of racing it is.
User avatar Afrank

08 Feb 2014 08:10

qatar is a great race with incredible echelon racing. woman racing however is boring as hell. no matter what course.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

08 Feb 2014 14:44

Afrank wrote:Qatar is just a boring race in general, men or women. Races like the Giro Rosa can be just as exciting as the men's races.

Well Dubai is boring also but I'm watching that on Universal :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

08 Feb 2014 17:04

Ryo Hazuki wrote:qatar is a great race with incredible echelon racing. woman racing however is boring as hell. no matter what course.

It's only a great race if we get wind and the riders decide to take advantage of it. Otherwise it's just long flat straight roads with a sprint. It can be exciting but it's heavily dependent on the chance of wind and how riders decide to race.
User avatar Afrank

08 Feb 2014 17:06

Carols wrote:Well Dubai is boring also but I'm watching that on Universal :)

I'm watching it too, but mostly in the same way I'm watching the Women's Qatar. Unless attacks are happening earlier (like stage 3 of Dubai) just fast forward to the final 10/15 km's and watch the end.
User avatar Afrank

15 Feb 2014 18:48

Although I wish it had better coverage of more races, a big thank you again for posting the DishWorld link. I like that I can watch it on my phone while waiting for my daughter at her Audubon Society biology camp (the office has a WiFi link that extends to the parking area). The best part is I can simply scroll back to previous days/races and start from the beginning and ff through commercials!
User avatar Rossco8

Sanremo and Flanders TV Coverage in U.S.??

20 Mar 2014 15:11

Is there no TV coverage of these races in the US this year? Universal, NBC Sports, BeIn ??? I don't see either of these races listed on these network's listing. Anyone know who owns the TV rights for these events in the United States?

Thanks.

Darren
dcrozier

20 Mar 2014 16:20

beiN Sports holds the rights to show MSR live in the US - does not look like they will though, it's not on their schedule so far at least.

In Canada it'll be live on Sportsnet
User avatar search

20 Mar 2014 16:23

There will be highlights for San Remo on Bein, Monday at 10:30.
User avatar Afrank

20 Mar 2014 17:29

beIN has cut their cycling coverage this year :( Last year we got 2 hours of Strade Bianchi and Roma Maxima; this year 30 min 'highlight' shows of each. TA last year was a daily 2 hour show reduced to a 30min daily 'highlight' shows this year :( Looks as if MSR is now also a 30 min highlight show a day later instead of a same day live show. Last year I never found RvV even though beIN had the rights to it so I'm not feeling good we will get anything :(

Meanwhile if beIN cuts the Giro coverage down to 30 min daily shows I think I'll puke :(

It just gets worse here in the US! Universal is the only station that is showing decent same day daily coverage now. NBCSports well it S*cks!!!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

Thanks...

21 Mar 2014 13:33

Thanks for posting who had the U.S. rights to Sanremo. That was annoying me just by itself. I did find the 30 min highlight show on Monday for Sanremo. Thanks for posting that information also. I'm I reading the other postings right that BeIn also owns the U.S. tv right to Flanders and the Giro? I've been blind to the Giro since Comcast dropped Universal, so a 30 min highlight show would be more than I've seen in the past few years.

I like major U.S sports as well and I have no illsions about where cycling fits in the overall scheme of the American TV watching public, but you would have to think there is some window of time that BeIn could find for a least an hour same-day showing of these major races....Sanremo, Flanders...

More at work than we know I guess....

DC
dcrozier

21 Mar 2014 16:09

grrr….BEin sports…screwing with us.
Now I'm wondering if there is any feed at all that will reach us here in US :mad::(
User avatar mewmewmew13

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing