Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Apr 2014 16:33

Best way for Americans to watch P-R live this Sunday:

step 1.) Have a cable subscription that includes NBC Sports.

step 2.) Go to the NBC sports website and watch it live there.
http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

To do so you will have to Log in with your cable provider's uid and pw

For those that can't watch live, but don't wait to wait until Monday night's replay on TV, the website might have the replay available for you before that.
User avatar Potomac

11 Apr 2014 22:40

Potomac wrote:Best way for Americans to watch P-R live this Sunday:

For those that can't watch live, but don't wait to wait until Monday night's replay on TV, the website might have the replay available for you before that.

Thanks! I already had that all scoped out as I will be home for PR this year. It will be so wonderful not to have to use a crappy pirated stream but instead a real tv produced one :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

13 Apr 2014 11:20

Potomac wrote:Best way for Americans to watch P-R live this Sunday:

Absolute BS that I can't watch it on NBC Sports via my TV. I'm so agitated by the lack of cycling coverage in this country.
User avatar Moviefan1203

13 Apr 2014 11:34

Moviefan1203 wrote:Absolute BS that I can't watch it on NBC Sports via my TV. I'm so agitated by the lack of cycling coverage in this country.

I have it streaming on the computer with a hdmi cable attached to the tv. No commercials :) That is a real benefit!

But I understand the angst. Still it beats needing to watch a crappy pirated stream.

It would be delightful if ESplayer was available here as indeed the cycling coverage stinks here :(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

07 May 2014 02:11

I live in SoCal and have Verizon FIOS. I just noticed the channel guide (which is posted thru May 20) shows beIN are broadcasting ONLY the first stage of the Giro. ????? Otherwise, it's 25hrs a day soccer.

Anybody else notice this on their carrier?

Is it beIN waiting 'til the 11th hr to get their schedule together?

Or, don't we in the US need to worry about wasting time watching the best GT of the season this year?:mad:
Tyre Byter

07 May 2014 04:38

Tyre Byter wrote:I live in SoCal and have Verizon FIOS. I just noticed the channel guide (which is posted thru May 20) shows beIN are broadcasting ONLY the first stage of the Giro. ?????

Yes, I noticed that too. I am hoping they are waiting until the 11th hour. I have a DishWorld subscription so I can watch on my phone/computer.
User avatar Rossco8

07 May 2014 12:06

Tyre Byter wrote:I live in SoCal and have Verizon FIOS. I just noticed the channel guide (which is posted thru May 20) shows beIN are broadcasting ONLY the first stage of the Giro. ????? Otherwise, it's 25hrs a day soccer.

Anybody else notice this on their carrier?

Is it beIN waiting 'til the 11th hr to get their schedule together?

Or, don't we in the US need to worry about wasting time watching the best GT of the season this year?:mad:

Yes I've noticed, I check Every Day! I am also :mad: and have even written them saying the only reason I pay for their channel is Cycling. But no response.

Really, Really Hoping they just haven't updated their listings yet. According to Steephill 'US and France; Expected live tv coverage every day. '
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

07 May 2014 12:37

Thanks for confirming my worst fears. :eek:

I didn't think beIN could j@ck us around worse than 30min daily wrap ups of T-A but I seriously underestimated their abilities!

I will have to look into this DishWorld thing FAST (need to wake up first)
Tyre Byter

07 May 2014 13:00

Bein is notorious for not updating their schedules until the last minute. For now, I'm waiting with bated breath.

Edit: just checked their Schedule from their website, the other stages are now listed. We are okay. :)
User avatar Afrank

07 May 2014 13:09

I checked yesterday, and had a jawdrop at only the first stage being on.

Also no evening repeat ?

Bad bad BEIN
User avatar Catwhoorg

07 May 2014 14:16

Afrank wrote:
Edit: just checked their Schedule from their website, the other stages are now listed. We are okay. :)

YEAH!!!!! It still isn't updated on the Dish Guide so my dvr isn't seeing it. But I can rest much easier now :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

07 May 2014 14:16

It is a constant struggle no matter which way I try. Having several options, including a lousy stream as a back-up, is how I do it. Cycling really takes a backseat to most all other sports - at least in my part of the world.
User avatar pigoonse

07 May 2014 14:19

pigoonse wrote:It is a constant struggle no matter which way I try. Having several options, including a lousy stream as a back-up, is how I do it. Cycling really takes a backseat to most all other sports - at least in my part of the world.

Are you in the US? Hard to imagine anyone having it much worse than us LOL :) A lousy stream is always my backup, and often all I can get!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

07 May 2014 14:51

One nice thing about Comcast, is that I can live stream the BEIN Sports channel.

I can do a long run on the TM and watch the stage :)
User avatar Catwhoorg

07 May 2014 14:58

wow, it's live every day, even on the weekends, and it's 3+ hours of coverage on most days. that's even better than when Universal did the Giro. and beIN has such few commercial breaks, and they're usually very short. can't wait!
User avatar zlev11

07 May 2014 15:09

zlev11 wrote:wow, it's live every day, even on the weekends, and it's 3+ hours of coverage on most days. that's even better than when Universal did the Giro. and beIN has such few commercial breaks, and they're usually very short. can't wait!

And it's HD :)

Just pray we don't get Kirby like last year :( LOL now that I know I'm getting it I'm picky about the race caller!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

07 May 2014 16:10

Catwhoorg wrote:One nice thing about Comcast, is that I can live stream the BEIN Sports channel.

I can do a long run on the TM and watch the stage :)

I do the same on my indoor bike :D
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

07 May 2014 19:17

zlev11 wrote:wow, it's live every day, even on the weekends, and it's 3+ hours of coverage on most days. that's even better than when Universal did the Giro. and beIN has such few commercial breaks, and they're usually very short. can't wait!

THANK YOU ALL for the info :)

I've been behaving like a homicidal maniac all morning at work. With this news I can relax.
I'm so relieved, I don't even care if it's Kirby talking to a hand puppet
Tyre Byter

08 May 2014 12:57

I was waiting to subscribe until BeIn update their listings for the Giro. Now that they've done it I'm springing for the $9.99 month it will cost.
User avatar Potomac

08 May 2014 13:08

Potomac wrote:I was waiting to subscribe until BeIn update their listings for the Giro. Now that they've done it I'm springing for the $9.99 month it will cost.

Lucky you, costs me $12 per month. Great HD pics, can't complain about that :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing