Register

TV coverage in the US

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

28 May 2012 14:36

No live coverage for Dauphine and Switzerland on TV, but at least it will be a daily broadcast in the afternoon for US fans.
User avatar Potomac

28 May 2012 14:56

Potomac wrote:No live coverage for Dauphine and Switzerland on TV, but at least it will be a daily broadcast in the afternoon for US fans.

Indeed, I will have to avoid all cycling sites so I can watch it without knowing what happened.

Meanwhile I am now hammering Universal Sports for a 50% refund on their package...I will happily pay for the Giro :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

28 May 2012 16:24

You guys need to move to Europe.

I have a shed you can rent. Just give me a pm and we'll figure out any details.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6897686453_22c0220a5c_z.jpg
DominicDecoco

29 May 2012 03:43

DominicDecoco wrote:You guys need to move to Europe.

I have a shed you can rent. Just give me a pm and we'll figure out any details.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6897686453_22c0220a5c_z.jpg

LOL! I don't see an HD tv in there :D
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

29 May 2012 10:41

Unfortunately not. I does come with underfloor heating though.
DominicDecoco

29 May 2012 16:38

The best thing to do is to drop your cable TV or sat TV in the good old super power USA and get a very good internet connection. Then just watch it online, hopefully the loss in revenue the cable/sat companies get will to stop them from continuing down the same path of trying to jam the same channel 10 times or forcing channels we never watch on the viewers. If they dare call you, repeatedly ask for Eurosport & RAI or you won't get it, if they do have those channels tell them you'll get the Super Duper package with all the fixings and extras and have a beer ready for the tech coming to hook it up. Don't worry they will never will offer it, but dangling that carrot of signing up for everything makes them drool (the sales people) and that is the carrot they need to someday offer us some decent programming.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon

29 May 2012 18:04

ElChingon wrote:The best thing to do is to drop your cable TV or sat TV in the good old super power USA and get a very good internet connection.

Above is the best advice. I get all the cycling I can watch via the pirated feeds and cyclingtorrents.

And you can't put a price on the satisfaction of not giving cable or sat companies a single penny.
User avatar Mr.DNA

19 Jun 2012 02:38

It goes from Bad to Worse...tried to get a refund from Universal Sports for everything prior to the Giro. Now I have NOTHING and no refund :mad:

S*cks to live in a country where they are my only choice :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

19 Jun 2012 03:36

Carols wrote:It goes from Bad to Worse...tried to get a refund from Universal Sports for everything prior to the Giro. Now I have NOTHING and no refund :mad:

Ugh. sorry
I can't even get started on this ....:(
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

remembering the old song...

19 Jun 2012 13:14

Carols wrote:It goes from Bad to Worse...tried to get a refund from Universal Sports for everything prior to the Giro. Now I have NOTHING and no refund :mad:

"I fought the law, and the Law won."
Hopefully there are some other benefits to living in the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free.

Tour of course will be on the NBC Sports outlet. Not sure if it is better to have the commentators in a booth in New Jersey (or wherever) commentating on what they see on TV like for the Dauphine / Swiss Tour, or sitting right there in France on camera with ill-fitting badly matched outfits, commentating on what they see on TV. Anyhoooo I always TiVO / DVR it, blast through the commercials and talking head nonsense. Surely no one can complain about the wonderful HD picture quality. OO La La.
User avatar rickshaw

19 Jun 2012 13:45

rickshaw wrote:"I fought the law, and the Law won."
Hopefully there are some other benefits to living in the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free.

Tour of course will be on the NBC Sports outlet. Not sure if it is better to have the commentators in a booth in New Jersey (or wherever) commentating on what they see on TV like for the Dauphine / Swiss Tour, or sitting right there in France on camera with ill-fitting badly matched outfits, commentating on what they see on TV. Anyhoooo I always TiVO / DVR it, blast through the commercials and talking head nonsense. Surely no one can complain about the wonderful HD picture quality. OO La La.

Tour isn't a problem. Have to deal with P&P and commercials but that is easily solved with FF and mute!!! Tons of coverage in HD :)

Vuelta will the BIG problem, that plus Worlds and Lombardy which are all on Universal :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

You just gotta dig deep into your suitcase of courage

19 Jun 2012 22:41

Carols wrote:Tour isn't a problem. Have to deal with P&P and commercials but that is easily solved with FF and mute!!! Tons of coverage in HD :)

Vuelta will the BIG problem, that plus Worlds and Lombardy which are all on Universal :(

Universal could be a lot better. Steve and "GoGo" are like fingernails on the blackboard for me. During the Giro the race would just START!. Bang there you are in the middle of who knows where. Giro image quality = absolute rubbish. Maybe the Spanish will do better.

I know swallowing your pride and crawling back to Universal will be hard. Remember in The Godfather? "Its nothing personal. Its just business." Universal does not hate you, its nothing personal.

Our Universal provider is Direct TV and this year they had a special deal where you could get Universal for up to three months at $8 per month. They may have something like that come Vuelta time. Give your provider a call.

Luck
User avatar rickshaw

20 Jun 2012 01:11

rickshaw wrote:Universal could be a lot better. Steve and "GoGo" are like fingernails on the blackboard for me. During the Giro the race would just START!. Bang there you are in the middle of who knows where. Giro image quality = absolute rubbish. Maybe the Spanish will do better.

I know swallowing your pride and crawling back to Universal will be hard. Remember in The Godfather? "Its nothing personal. Its just business." Universal does not hate you, its nothing personal.

Our Universal provider is Direct TV and this year they had a special deal where you could get Universal for up to three months at $8 per month. They may have something like that come Vuelta time. Give your provider a call.

Luck

Well the on line was better than tv...minimum of 30-60+ mins of coverage before Steve and Gogo came on and at least 15 mins after they went off.

Yes I'll go crawling back because I've spent Hours/Days talking with DirecTV and they just cannot fulfill my needs so my options are very limited :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

22 Jun 2012 13:14

Does anyone have suggestions for on demand online coverage of the TdF? I would rather not pay to watch Versus coverage but I can only sporadically watch live streams during the day. I'm not sure if there are other providers out there than Vs...
User avatar CatsNK

23 Jun 2012 13:36

CatsNK wrote:Does anyone have suggestions for on demand online coverage of the TdF? I would rather not pay to watch Versus coverage but I can only sporadically watch live streams during the day. I'm not sure if there are other providers out there than Vs...

I believe Verses has exclusive TdF coverage in the USA :( Live streaming or live on TV.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

23 Jun 2012 13:38

My current situation with Universal sports is they gave me back on-demand replays of the Giro. I give up, they have my $42 and there is no getting it back LOL. Must be nice to have the only game in town, they can treat you like crap and get away with it :(
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

23 Jun 2012 15:29

Is NBC Sports going to do streaming online, or an OnDemand Package for the Tour this year? I looked all over the website and couldn't find anything.
TheRossSeaParty

24 Jun 2012 07:47

TheRossSeaParty wrote:Is NBC Sports going to do streaming online, or an OnDemand Package for the Tour this year? I looked all over the website and couldn't find anything.

The link is http://tourdefrance.nbcsports.com/ it was operational earlier today for a $30 live and replay subscription for the Tour. I signed up and played some of their taped stuff of Bob Roll and the quality was splendid if you can pull 3.5mbps constant.
orangerider

01 Jul 2012 05:21

orangerider wrote:...$30 live and replay subscription for the Tour. I signed up and played some of their taped stuff of Bob Roll and the quality was splendid if you can pull 3.5mbps constant.

Why would anyone want to watch Bob Roll, live or taped?

I just want to know, since NBC's site and partners are entirely unclear about it, whether for $30 one can watch a replay of the entire stage or, failing that, a replay of the normal 2-hour TV presentation, during non-live hours?

Not a highlight reel. Not a capsule report. A couple hours of commentated (or not) coverage, on demand not live, for one's $30. Anyone actually know?

I've searched this site and many others, and nobody has a clear answer past 2011 (when the companies/services were in different hands) that I can find. The lack of straightforward info is just bizarre..
ShawnB

01 Jul 2012 11:16

ShawnB wrote:Why would anyone want to watch Bob Roll, live or taped?

I just want to know, since NBC's site and partners are entirely unclear about it, whether for $30 one can watch a replay of the entire stage or, failing that, a replay of the normal 2-hour TV presentation, during non-live hours?

Not a highlight reel. Not a capsule report. A couple hours of commentated (or not) coverage, on demand not live, for one's $30. Anyone actually know?

I've searched this site and many others, and nobody has a clear answer past 2011 (when the companies/services were in different hands) that I can find. The lack of straightforward info is just bizarre..

If Bob Roll was my only English language option I would want to watch. If nothing else, Bob Roll is a lesson to school age children about the importance of education.
User avatar Potomac

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing