Log in:  

Register

Floyd to be charged with fraud

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

09 Apr 2012 01:13

MarkvW wrote:I believe Floyd when he says that he is poor. Nothing indicates that he has any meaningful job. Defending a federal case is VERY expensive if you have to pay for it yourself.

It doesn't appear to be a very controversial position.


Floyd never said he is poor. He said in agreement he had been poor, past tense, a temporary state experienced by a lot of people sometime in life.

Check out his alter ego, Chade O Grey - erstwhile partner of the respected law firm of Grey Manrod, on Twitter on March 22.

LanceBlockedMe: "I've been poor. It is over rated"
Chade O Grey: "Yea me too. Being broke is better than being poor!"
Velodude
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,223
Joined: 05 Sep 2009 18:48

09 Apr 2012 01:15

He must be poor, or else he would be busy with the business of paying back the FFF rubes. You know, paying them back for donating to his defense of a testosterone AAF that he claims he didn't take. :rolleyes:
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

09 Apr 2012 01:18

ChrisE wrote:He must be poor, or else he would be busy with the business of paying back the FFF rubes. You know, paying them back for donating to his defense of a testosterone AAF that he claims he didn't take. :rolleyes:


Do we know how many if any people have been paid back?
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

09 Apr 2012 01:23

Digger wrote:Do we know how many if any people have been paid back?


I haven't heard. I will bet zero.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

09 Apr 2012 01:27

thehog wrote:I would add that he obviously enjoys the discovery & research element. I think he'd want to go to trial and have his day in court. I'm sure he'd handle himself well under pressure. His reasoning for the initial lying would be to establish the pattern of doping at USPS and subsequent pressures applied from former team mates & mangers to keep zip.

If Armstrong is behind any of this it just seems plain madness on his behalf. For Floyd to defend himself would be to prove the Armstrong doping. All that information is sitting in case files and could be accessed. That's why I think this is Nov's backdoor and not an Armstrong pressured investigation.


I too think it's an end around. Floyd is nothing to the feds, and the whistle blower suit could easily be squashed just like the investigation. La does not want floyd charged with anything.
User avatar patricknd
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,818
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 18:51
Location: houston texas

09 Apr 2012 01:32

ChrisE wrote:I haven't heard. I will bet zero.


Your wrong. Floyd is a man of honor now. I know it because I read it here.
User avatar patricknd
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,818
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 18:51
Location: houston texas

09 Apr 2012 01:42

patricknd wrote:Your wrong. Floyd is a man of honor now. I know it because I read it here.


I feel so sorry for poor Andy Rihs . . . the poor naive innocent who was victimized by Floyd. :rolleyes:
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

09 Apr 2012 02:04

MarkvW wrote:Do you think Floyd has the funds needed to hire a criminal defense lawyer to pay for the defense of a federal criminal charge?


He appears ok in paying for his appeal in the French hacking case. Bessie LeMond's firm is providing his legal advice & counsel.

Nice try.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

09 Apr 2012 02:10

thehog wrote:He appears ok in paying for his appeal in the French hacking case. Bessie LeMond's firm is providing his legal advice & counsel.

Nice try.


What's your source for the statement that he's paying money to a lawyer? That is surprising to me.
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

09 Apr 2012 02:23

thehog wrote:He appears ok in paying for his appeal in the French hacking case. Bessie LeMond's firm is providing his legal advice & counsel.

Nice try.


That was "besides" - iPhone autocorrect!
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

09 Apr 2012 02:28

thehog wrote:That was "besides" - iPhone autocorrect!



Might upset some Lance fans that Landis has the top guns and was always "well prepared"


http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawdaily/2010/06/landis-lawyers-up.html


The Daily News said that Landis has hired the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati, a firm that represented three-time Tour de France champion Greg LeMond in various lawsuits, including a recent dispute with the Trek Bicycling Corporation.

"He's our client," Mark Handfelt, a partner at the firm, told the newspaper.

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

09 Apr 2012 02:29

thehog wrote:That was "besides" - iPhone autocorrect!


lol I was wondering who the heck 'Bessie' might be.....
this thread could use a little levity anyway :) ;)
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,232
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

09 Apr 2012 03:46

thehog wrote:Might upset some Lance fans that Landis has the top guns and was always "well prepared"


http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawdaily/2010/06/landis-lawyers-up.html


The Daily News said that Landis has hired the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati, a firm that represented three-time Tour de France champion Greg LeMond in various lawsuits, including a recent dispute with the Trek Bicycling Corporation.

"He's our client," Mark Handfelt, a partner at the firm, told the newspaper.

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.


Almost two years ago . . ..
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

09 Apr 2012 03:57

MarkvW wrote:Almost two years ago . . ..


You're clutching.....

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

09 Apr 2012 04:26

MarkvW wrote:I don't trust Floyd about the testosterone because I believe in the validity of the tests,


Hold it. You aren't a lawyer, but you have intricate knowledge of WADA's testing? Please, explain testosterone test validity. Confidence?


MarkvW wrote: Floyd has every motivation to lie.


Where did this come from? First you say he's corroborated so his word can be trusted and now it can't?
User avatar DirtyWorks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,557
Joined: 10 Feb 2010 17:01

09 Apr 2012 04:48

DirtyWorks wrote:Hold it. You aren't a lawyer, but you have intricate knowledge of WADA's testing? Please, explain testosterone test validity. Confidence?




Where did this come from? First you say he's corroborated so his word can be trusted and now it can't?



Floyd is a liar who doesn't always lie.

He has a lot of friends and supporters in the clinic.
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

09 Apr 2012 04:54

thehog wrote:You're clutching.....

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.


You're taking the . . ..
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

09 Apr 2012 06:56

thehog wrote:He has the advantage that he doesn't need to lie and very little to lose. Armstrong is still trying to protect his position of non-admission and pretend he still a 7-time Tour champion.

I also agree Floyd is not stupid. He could defend himself. The biggest mistake Floyd ever made was listening to others. Alone he's very powerful and 100% sure he has evidence of the doping none of us are aware of...


The enormous man crush you have for Landis is clearly clouding your judgement on the guy. Your Floyd coloured spectacles seem to present you with a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Steve McQueen.
I just see someone whos ability to put themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time is uncanny.

Secondly, how do you know Landis has nothing to hide?
andy1234
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,499
Joined: 19 Apr 2010 08:10

09 Apr 2012 11:23

andy1234 wrote:The enormous man crush you have for Landis is clearly clouding your judgement on the guy. Your Floyd coloured spectacles seem to present you with a cross betweek Sherlock Holmes and Steve McQueen.
I just see someone whos ability to put themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time is uncanny.

Secondly, how do you know Landis has nothing to hide?


to be fair to the hog floyd does have that impish grin thing going :D
User avatar patricknd
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,818
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 18:51
Location: houston texas

09 Apr 2012 12:52

MarkvW wrote:You're taking the . . ..


You appear disappointed? Like you want Floyd to have nothing. To not have the right to fair and equal representation......

Sorry to muddy the script in your head... maybe you could leave the forum again like last time? and pretend Floyd still lives in a car wash and is a dirty liar.

Life was better when we things were separated into 7-time Tour champion & a disgraced former Tour de France winner....
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: More Strides than Rides, nayr497, the sceptic, WildspokeJoe and 31 guests

Back to top