Log in:  

Register

Floyd to be charged with fraud

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

27 Apr 2012 00:26

MarkvW wrote:In the Vortex, someone who is not currently lying cannot be a liar.
In the Vortex, only a "money man" who misappropriates property can commit fraud.

I don't want to enter the Vortex.


Mark, you are in a vortex constantly, you cannot remember which way is out, that's why I am trying to help you out.
You brought up that Floyd is lying, you can retract it, or back it up. Then you will no longer need to keep spinning.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

27 Apr 2012 00:28

MarkvW wrote:In the Vortex, someone who is not currently lying cannot be a liar.
In the Vortex, only a "money man" who misappropriates property can commit fraud.

I don't want to enter the Vortex.


i'm confused. how many vortices are we dealing with here?
User avatar patricknd
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,818
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 18:51
Location: houston texas

27 Apr 2012 00:31

patricknd wrote:i'm confused. how many vortices are we dealing with here?


A lot - Marks moral compass is spinning constantly and so are his posts on law, you would think they would cancel one another out, but they are turning in the same direction. It's an F5.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

27 Apr 2012 01:07

Dr. Maserati wrote:Hi Mark,
No, I'm afraid you don't get it. I asked you a question which you ignored, what in your view is Floyd lying about.

As for your questions, I gave the 2 scenarios available. I believe Floyd to be honest now and there is nothing to suggest he has commited a fraud so I do not expect anything to come of this case.


Rather than getting too caught up in the contexts of lying. I like to concentrate on the truth for a moment.

I only know one guy in the face of adversity who was strong enough and against tremendous opposition who told the truth. That was Floyd. It was also the catalyst for Tyler to then tell the truth.

Although this is not a Lance thread he's still having a hard time confessing or even admitting to his drug use. He just pretends it never happened. I guess you could call him weak and hardly the inspiration he professes himself to be.

I prefer the truth especially when its served with a good dose of humility. Our world needs a little more of it and a littles less marketing.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

27 Apr 2012 01:12

thehog wrote:Rather than getting too caught up in the contexts of lying. I like to concentrate on the truth for a moment.

I only know one guy in the face of adversity who was strong enough and against tremendous opposition who told the truth. That was Floyd. It was also the catalyst for Tyler to then tell the truth.

Although this is not a Lance thread he's still having a hard time confessing or even admitting to his drug use. He just pretends it never happened. I guess you could call him weak and hardly the inspiration he professes himself to be.

I prefer the truth especially when its served with a good dose of humility. Our world needs a little more of it and a littles less marketing.


I would say Floyd is way more of a man than wonderboy.
Hands down

brave
Does not hide behind smoke and mirrors and the favors of everyone.
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,232
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

27 Apr 2012 01:26

mewmewmew13 wrote:I would say Floyd is way more of a man than wonderboy.
Hands down

brave
Does not hide behind smoke and mirrors and the favors of everyone.


I agree that Floyd is way more of a man than Lance, but that's not saying much.
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

27 Apr 2012 01:26

patricknd wrote:i'm confused. how many vortices are we dealing with here?


LOL
good one:D
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,232
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

27 Apr 2012 01:27

patricknd wrote:i'm confused. how many vortices are we dealing with here?


There is only one. And there is no escape. Even after links. And links. And links . . .
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,774
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

27 Apr 2012 01:32

It's the same vortex that gets clogged
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,232
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

27 Apr 2012 02:02

Retry Clemens and investigate Landis. More fine application of DoJ resources.

Bejeebers this is stupid.
eleven
Junior Member
 
Posts: 875
Joined: 20 Apr 2009 20:52

27 Apr 2012 07:41

MarkvW wrote:I have mixed feelings about Floyd's coming clean. If it wasn't all wrapped up with the qui tam lawsuit, I would be forced to agree with you. But Floyd's revelations are tightly bound up with his attempts to get money from Lance. I don't see any nobility there. Certainly not enough to justify Floyd's walking on a perfectly good felony (if there is enough evidence).

I hope the feds take the qui tam and recover all that ill-gotten Tailwind booty. If Floyd gets a pile of cash out of it, good for him--and good for all the FFF victims who might get some kind of court-ordered restitution from a newly-cash flush Floyd. If a little money is left over for Floyd after his victims are repaid, then I'm happy for the guy and reparations have been made!

It has been two years since Floyd came clean and almost five since the last FFF ripoff. Floyd might just be all talk when it comes to payback. Probation and restitution will force Floyd to actively work to repay his victims! That's what I'm talking about! That's rehabilitation!


Yet more assumptions on your part. Why go to USADA and Ashenden first if the Qui Tam case was his goal....
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

27 Apr 2012 07:45

MarkvW wrote:In the Vortex, someone who is not currently lying cannot be a liar.
In the Vortex, only a "money man" who misappropriates property can commit fraud.

I don't want to enter the Vortex.


Well you called him a liar....so if a person tells a lie at one stage in their life, but then comes clean, they are still liars until they die. Jesus that's a high moral ground you stand on...well done you.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

27 Apr 2012 11:18

Digger wrote:Well you called him a liar....so if a person tells a lie at one stage in their life, but then comes clean, they are still liars until they die. Jesus that's a high moral ground you stand on...well done you.


Ahh, it's the "if you come clean you are no longer X" card.

So, if somebody rapes somebody and they come clean about it, they are no longer a rapist? What about a murderer that turns himself in?

Then of course this weds nicely with the opinion of some and apparently Ashendon that this investigation will deter future PED whistleblowers. Now we want to insulate dopers (oops, I mean people. They are no longer dopers if they confess to doping :rolleyes:) from any future accountability to any law enforcement entity if they tell what they know about doping in a bike race. :rolleyes:

FL should just go rob a bank and pay back all the FFF clowns. If he gets indicted for robbing the bank then that would deter future fraudsters from doing right to pay back the defrauded. We can't have that. I suggest the 139 outraged patriots redirect their ire from the LA investigation and write their congresspeople to complain about this injustice catch 22.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

27 Apr 2012 11:20

MarkvW wrote:In the Vortex, someone who is not currently lying cannot be a liar.
In the Vortex, only a "money man" who misappropriates property can commit fraud.

I don't want to enter the Vortex.


Yeah, just say no to the vortex. :cool:

Actually, these petty little arguments doc is floating out are even more petty than his past pettiness. For some reason to me he does not seem to be himself. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

27 Apr 2012 11:33

Dr. Maserati wrote:Hi Mark,
No, I'm afraid you don't get it. I asked you a question which you ignored, what in your view is Floyd lying about.

As for your questions, I gave the 2 scenarios available. I believe Floyd to be honest now and there is nothing to suggest he has commited a fraud so I do not expect anything to come of this case.


He probably thinks he is lying about not taking test, as opposed to just about every other typical PED used by cyclists he has admitted to, in that tour. How ironic. :rolleyes:

But I don't want to put words in Mark's mouth. BTW one can probably draw conclusions from his statement about why he wanted to pay back the FFF. If he used the money to fight a charge that he was innocent of then why the guilt? You know this....you are just stirring up ****.

OOPS, sucked into the vortex....it is a strong force indeed and I am weak. Now, back on the wagon!
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

27 Apr 2012 11:40

Digger wrote:Yet more assumptions on your part. Why go to USADA and Ashenden first if the Qui Tam case was his goal....


Correct and Why go to Lance for money? Lance doesn't actually have any money.

There is a common misconception that Lance is wealthy. He is not. He has a foundation, a house but not a lot more. The jet is no longer.

The man is cash poor.

The 40k bill per month to Fabani is being burnt through mighty fast. Demand IPO cash can't keep this together.

I see a fire sale soon.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

27 Apr 2012 11:45

ChrisE wrote:Yeah, just say no to the vortex. :cool:

Actually, these petty little arguments doc is floating out are even more petty than his past pettiness. For some reason to me he does not seem to be himself. I wonder why? :rolleyes:


demon possesion?
User avatar patricknd
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,818
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 18:51
Location: houston texas

27 Apr 2012 11:59

ChrisE wrote:Ahh, it's the "if you come clean you are no longer X" card.

So, if somebody rapes somebody and they come clean about it, they are no longer a rapist? What about a murderer that turns himself in?
Then of course this weds nicely with the opinion of some and apparently Ashendon that this investigation will deter future PED whistleblowers. Now we want to insulate dopers (oops, I mean people. They are no longer dopers if they confess to doping :rolleyes:) from any future accountability to any law enforcement entity if they tell what they know about doping in a bike race. :rolleyes:

FL should just go rob a bank and pay back all the FFF clowns. If he gets indicted for robbing the bank then that would deter future fraudsters from doing right to pay back the defrauded. We can't have that. I suggest the 139 outraged patriots redirect their ire from the LA investigation and write their congresspeople to complain about this injustice catch 22.


I think we have now reached rock bottom on this forum.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

27 Apr 2012 12:07

thehog wrote:Stupid people deserve to be screwed over? Really? So where does that place you? :rolleyes: And don't call members of the paid up Tailwind champions club stupid! Never heard so much toddle in my life. People deserve to be screwed over? Such prejudice. Next you be telling me certain races will need to sit at the back of the bus!
.


OK, the hog. :rolleyes:

I usually find amusement in your posts, but it is growing less amusing by the minute. The reason for this is you keep taking my posts way out of context and twisting my words. You have done this ever since I agreed with brodeal that you are full of ****.

I think you either do this because you are just trolling me, or you have some reading comprehension issues. Either way, watching what you come up with this crap recently is sorta like the comment I make to people when a hot chick walks by...some guy somewhere is tired of her ****. I am beginning to feel the same way about your increasingly less amusing posts.

So, I will clarify one more time for you on this particular "stupid people/fraud" issue. I should tell you that it will be the last time I reply to your posts if you continue this clown routine with your "misinterpretations". I'm not telling you this because you should give a **** I don't reply (I wouldn't if the tables were turned), but I am telling you this as a courtesy so you will not waste your time thinking of cute ways to reply to my posts in the future. You're welcome.

By "stupid" I mean stupid people that donated to FFF believing he was clean. Yes, I believe those people deserved to be screwed over. I don't know if you were on DPF when it got invaded by these FFF clowns and the TBV clowns. I was. But admittedly, along with not believing how stupid FL's supporters were, they did provide lots of entertainment. DPF had long leashes then and insulting these clowns and their theories was cool sport. Perhaps I am a little less tolerant of these idiots than you.

But, this for example does not mean that a person with the IQ of a hood ornament should be defrauded by say the Red Cross. If somebody that can't tie their shoes donates money to the Red Cross, the head of the Red Cross should not be able to take that money and go use it in the back room of The Men's Club just because the donator is stupid.

I hope this clarifies the "stupid people should be defrauded" remark that has made you think my moral compass has busted a spring.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

27 Apr 2012 12:09

Digger wrote:I think we have now reached rock bottom on this forum.


Hey, you are the one that has this time lapse theory about when people should not be labeled "x".

It doesn't surprise me that you don't have an answer when you are called on your irrational BS.
"He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife." - Al Czervik
User avatar ChrisE
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,494
Joined: 18 May 2009 20:14

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pentacycle, poupou, The Hitch, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests

Back to top