Log in:  

Register

Floyd to be charged with fraud

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

30 Apr 2012 17:16

Will the feds now prosecute Tyler Hamilton? I remember he raised cash for his legal battle too, to then admit he did it. Hope Tyler details everything in a book 1 day.Floyd has provided so much more detail than Tyler
Dave_1
Junior Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:29

30 Apr 2012 17:24

More bait than a trout farm!
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

30 Apr 2012 17:39

Dave_1 wrote:Will the feds now prosecute Tyler Hamilton? I remember he raised cash for his legal battle too, to then admit he did it. Hope Tyler details everything in a book 1 day.Floyd has provided so much more detail than Tyler


Tyler's fraud would date back more than the five year statute of limitations. I would guess he'd be out of the woods.
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,776
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

30 Apr 2012 18:02

Digger wrote:No you wouldn't. You have stated you don't believe him to be genuine. Floyd;s actions would never placate you. You will never concede this of course....


I'm never going to like Floyd, but I'll reckon his debt paid when he makes a good faith payback effort.
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,776
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

30 Apr 2012 18:08

Digger wrote:No you wouldn't. You have stated you don't believe him to be genuine. Floyd;s actions would never placate you. You will never concede this of course....


Digger... Just because a cyclist chooses to sit down with Paul Kimmage, it doesn't mean he'll be 100% truthful.

Do I believe that there is truth within the story? Sure, I do. Actually, I feel that there is perhaps 99% truthfulness in the text. But it boils down to one crucial point. And I think Floyd was quite aware of this before the sit-down took place.

I think the sit-down with Kimmage was a well-calculated move on Floyd's part. And I think he proceeded to spill the beans on pro cycling (good!) and tell it like it is (he has nothing to lose within cycling anymore anyway). And then, somewhere in the midst of those 7 hours of questions, Floyd was able to hold onto the one massive lie of a football he so badly needed to hold onto. The issue of the testosterone in July of 2006. The one lie that matters to the FFF and possible counts of fraud.

And to you, I say "You've been conned" (as most people were). You were fed one big strategic lie, hugely cushioned by 7 hours of mostly truth. You were given such an unprecedented, massive infusion of candor and information, you gladly swallowed the portion of the sugary glob that contained the one big "key" lie. And it was the lie that Floyd needed you (and everyone else) to truly believe. Because that one, single issue is going to be the difference between a "destroyed man" and a merely "destroyed man with felony convictions".

In the advertising world (I work in advertising), Kimmage (in this case) would be what we call a "perfect presenter" (IE, you want to sell hair-removal products, you get a hairy guy). Kimmage is the crown-jewel of doping credibility. If you can get Kimmage to believe you, then you effectively carry the Excalibur sword.

Yes, seven hours of dazzling, almost diabetic levels of truth, followed by one well-needed moment of lying. And it is this one lie that counts.
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

30 Apr 2012 18:10

Dr. Maserati wrote:Hi Mark,
I see you have said that the Lance should pay people back, that only took you 10 pages or so.
What job could a former pro like Floyd get? Usually they get jobs within the industry - however I think you would even agree that Armstrong would not allow that.

So for now Floyd is not in a position to pay back people - which is very different than your Mr Armstrong, where is your outrage that a man who has millions has made no effort to pay back us victims.


It really is all about Lance, all the time here in the Clinic! This reminds me of the time Kobe went crying to the media because he was charged with rape while Shaq was always getting away with stuff. Just because one crook walks, doesn't mean another should.

This isn't a Lance thread. A long time ago, I said I'd like to see Lance indicted. But Lance is history, now, unless something unusual happens....

Wait! Awhile back you were hammering at me for saying that Floyd was too poor to defend himself against a federal indictment. Now you're arguing that Floyd is too poor even to pay a dime in restitution to his victims. Glad to see that you agree that Floyd is poor now!
User avatar MarkvW
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,776
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

30 Apr 2012 18:11

MarkvW wrote:Brodeal, if we judged everybody by Lance Armstrong's standards, then lying and cheating would be acceptable. Is that what you really want?

We shouldn't forget that Lance would never have gotten away with his very bad behavior without the support and lies provided by lieutenants like Floyd Landis.

Do you really think it is RIGHT for Floyd to walk away without making restitution to his victims? Do you REALLY think Floyd would do right by his victims if nobody made him?


So we have two riders. One admits what he did, says he hopes to pay people back, and is pursuing a qui tam case that will allow him to pay if he wins. The other continues to lie, has never said he will pay people back, and despite not needing the money, continues to defraud people, including those with terminal disease. In fact the last one, after exhausting the pool of suckers in cycling, has now moved on to a new group of easy marks. Which one receives the hate of Marky Mark?
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

30 Apr 2012 18:12

MarkvW wrote:I'm never going to like Floyd, but I'll reckon his debt paid when he makes a good faith payback effort.


And really that's all I wanted you to admit.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

30 Apr 2012 18:14

BotanyBay wrote:Digger... Just because a cyclist chooses to sit down with Paul Kimmage, it doesn't mean he'll be 100% truthful.

Do I believe that there is truth within the story? Sure, I do. Actually, I feel that there is perhaps 99% truthfulness in the text. But it boils down to one crucial point. And I think Floyd was quite aware of this before the sit-down took place.

I think the sit-down with Kimmage was a well-calculated move on Floyd's part. And I think he proceeded to spill the beans on pro cycling (good!) and tell it like it is (he has nothing to lose within cycling anymore anyway). And then, somewhere in the midst of those 7 hours of questions, Floyd was able to hold onto the one massive lie of a football he so badly needed to hold onto. The issue of the testoserone in July of 2006. The one lie that matters to the FFF and possible counts of fraud.

And to you, I say "You've been conned" (as most people were). You were fed one big strategic lie, hugely cushioned by 7 hours of mostly truth. You were given such an unprecedented, massive infusion of candor and information, you gladly swallowed the portion of the sugary glob that contained the one big "key" lie. And it was the lie that Floyd needed you (and everyone else) to truly believe. Because that one, single issue is going to be the difference between a "destroyed man" and a merely "destroyed man with felony convictions".

In the advertising world (I work in advertising), Kimmage (in this case) would be what we call a "perfect presenter" (IE, you want to sell hair-removal products, you get a hairy guy). Kimmage is the crown-jewel of doping credibility. If you can get Kimmage to believe you, then you effectively carry the Excaliber sword.

Yes, seven hours of dazzling, almost diabetic levels of truth, followed by one well-needed moment of lying. And it is this one lie that counts.


Comedy Gold...genius. :D

By the way I'm telling Kimmage he's been had - he will be so pi**ed!!!
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

30 Apr 2012 18:14

BotanyBay wrote:In the advertising world (I work in advertising), Kimmage (in this case) would be what we call a "perfect presenter" (IE, you want to sell hair-removal products, you get a hairy guy). Kimmage is the crown-jewel of doping credibility. If you can get Kimmage to believe you, then you effectively carry the Excaliber sword.

.


Excellent post! But when has there even been a advertisement for a hair removal product with a hairy guy? All the ones I know he's clean shaven.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? I bet you can't show me more than 3 different advertisments with a hairy man for hair removal products.

Perhaps its you trying to con us?

Image
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

30 Apr 2012 18:14

MarkvW wrote:I'm never going to like Floyd, but I'll reckon his debt paid when he makes a good faith payback effort.


Does that include the 80% of the money that came from Armstrong's supporters who had the goal of using Floyd's case to attack the LNDD because the lab found EPO in six of Armstrong's urine samples?
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

30 Apr 2012 18:16

MarkvW wrote:It really is all about Lance, all the time here in the Clinic! This reminds me of the time Kobe went crying to the media because he was charged with rape while Shaq was always getting away with stuff. Just because one crook walks, doesn't mean another should.

This isn't a Lance thread. A long time ago, I said I'd like to see Lance indicted. But Lance is history, now, unless something unusual happens....

Wait! Awhile back you were hammering at me for saying that Floyd was too poor to defend himself against a federal indictment. Now you're arguing that Floyd is too poor even to pay a dime in restitution to his victims. Glad to see that you agree that Floyd is poor now!

The Lance Armstrong investigation brought me to this forum and now it is over.

My time here has enabled me to learn a lot about a very small subculture of people who gather to spend a lot of their time and energy discussing all the negative aspects of Lance Armstrong. I've spent a lot of time (way too much) with you all. Thank you all very much for sharing with me.

I'm going to try to put Lance Armstrong way in the back of some mental closet, forever I hope. Any publicity is good for him, and I don't think I want to contribute any more.

For those of you that remain, I sincerely hope that something useful comes out of your time spent participating here.

Goodbye!
Mark


You're the one who said he was leaving when the Lance case was dropped!!
Doping died with Lance.
Digger
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,477
Joined: 10 May 2009 17:24

30 Apr 2012 18:17

MarkvW wrote:It really is all about Lance, all the time here in the Clinic! This reminds me of the time Kobe went crying to the media because he was charged with rape while Shaq was always getting away with stuff. Just because one crook walks, doesn't mean another should.

This isn't a Lance thread. A long time ago, I said I'd like to see Lance indicted. But Lance is history, now, unless something unusual happens....

Wait! Awhile back you were hammering at me for saying that Floyd was too poor to defend himself against a federal indictment. Now you're arguing that Floyd is too poor even to pay a dime in restitution to his victims. Glad to see that you agree that Floyd is poor now!


No - it isn't about Lance Mark, it is about you.

You see your moral compass spins so much you get sucked in to your votex and cannot remember which fraud is ok. So let me help you.

Indeed you have often labelled Floyd as poor, so how can he make a "good faith payback effort" when he does not have any access to funds?
He cannot get a job as Lances basement is already full.

This is why you should celebrate Floyds Qui Tam case.
He helps expose the fraud done by Weisel and Tailwind against the victims USPS - they get paid back and Floyd gets a cut to help the victims of his fairness fund, like Weisel and Tailwind.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

30 Apr 2012 18:20

thehog wrote:Excellent post! But when has there even been a advertisement for a hair removal product with a hairy guy? All the ones I know he's clean shaven.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? I bet you can't show me more than 3 different advertisments with a hairy man for hair removal products.

Perhaps its you trying to con us?

Image


A friend of mine directed a commercial for nose-hair trimmers using a chimp

Image
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

30 Apr 2012 18:24

Digger wrote:Comedy Gold...genius. :D

By the way I'm telling Kimmage he's been had - he will be so pi**ed!!!


Kimmage is such a God of truth-sniffing that he can't be fooled?

Kimmage can testify at the sentencing hearing.

You probably still think that politics boils down to better ideals and "values" winning over your evil opposers. Now go buy your Apple stock. It's all the rage!
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

30 Apr 2012 18:26

But you said hair removal product? And when is a chimp a guy? You said a hairy guy? And the chimp is a well known art graphic that can be found on may products it wasn’t designed specifically for the “unknown” advertisement you referenced - care to name it?

So come on. Show us the advertisement with hairy guys advertising removal products like you stated.

I thought you worked in advertising?

Hmmmm…. So Floyd is lying and your…..? or should I just trust you?

BotanyBay wrote:A friend of mine directed a commercial for nose-hair trimmers using a chimp

User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

30 Apr 2012 18:30

thehog wrote:But you said... (Snipped to spare us the idiocy)


Sorry Hog, I found the image:

Image

It was Panasonic and it was 20 years ago. And your point is?
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

30 Apr 2012 18:33

thehog wrote:Hmmmm…. So Floyd is lying and your…..? or should I just trust you?


5 years of bald-faced lies followed by 7 hours of Kimmage-endorsed deliverance.

Hog. You're right. I think you should trust Floyd. He's a better fit for your gullible mind.

You and your buddies should start a defense fund. Call it the "Floyd Fuctedness Fund".

Image

You people are so starved for a morsel of truth...
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

30 Apr 2012 18:47

Hang on. I detect aggression. You clearly stated that you worked in advertising and that for “hair removal products” the industry will always use “a hairy guy” – you sounded so confident in your assertion.

You’re now back tracking on that statement?

Just so I get this clear in my mind. You want me to believe you that Floyd is selectively lying but you’re lying to this forum to prove a point? Is this what you want me to believe?

I asked for you to show me at least 3 advertisements for hair removal products using a hairy guy. Just like you stated. Can you do this for the forum?

Then you proceeded to denigrate me with offensive pictures and mocking the Church at the same time because I caught you out.

Now now play fair!

I think you owe us all an apology for lying to the forum and pretending you work in advertising and lying to over emphasis a point.

If there’s anyone lying here I think it might be you. Judging by your reaction to me finding you out it looks like I’ve hit a winner.

Works in advertising ineed! Deary me.



BotanyBay wrote:5 years of bald-faced lies followed by 7 hours of Kimmage-endorsed deliverance.

Hog. You're right. I think you should trust Floyd. He's a better fit for your gullible mind.

You and your buddies should start a defense fund. Call it the "Floyd Fuctedness Fund".

Image
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

30 Apr 2012 18:49

thehog wrote:Hang on. I detect aggression. You clearly stated that you worked in advertising and that for “hair removal products” the industry will always use “a hairy guy” – you sounded so confident in your assertion.

You’re now back tracking on that statement?

Just so I get this clear in my mind. You want me to believe you that Floyd is selectively lying but you’re lying to this forum to prove a point? Is this what you want me to believe?

I asked for you to show me at least 3 advertisements for hair removal products using a hairy guy. Just like you stated. Can you do this for the forum?

Then you proceeded to denigrate me with offensive pictures and mocking the Church at the same time because I caught you out.

Now now play fair!

I think you owe us all an apology for lying to the forum and pretending you work in advertising and lying to over emphasis a point.

If there’s anyone lying here I think it might be you. Judging by your reaction to me finding you out it looks like I’ve hit a winner.

Works in advertising ineed! Deary me.


I apologize for lying to the Forum. I really work for Lance Armstrong. When I'm not slaving-away on the Forums (man, I really hate Velonews and Disquss), Lance has me approach hot blondes and invite them back to his place for a personal meeting. Don't tell anyone, but I always make sure they also have a hot "friend" for me ;)
User avatar BotanyBay
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 18:18

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eagle, Gung Ho Gun, Ishiguro, staubsauger, Yahoo [Bot] and 18 guests

Back to top