Register

Team Astana

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Apr 2012 19:31

With all the money they have i would expect much more. They are similar to Katusha for me (till this year coz they improved a lot) looking as a team with no real idea for building up, improving tactics and developing riders.
FF'Wilco

06 Apr 2012 19:33

Alexei Poltaranin is not a bad XC skiier btw.

Here's hoping for a great season for Kessiakoff too.
User avatar jsem94

06 Apr 2012 21:22

Now what do people think about the captain roles in the Giro?
I am ofc hoping to see Kiserlovski dance up the mountains togheter with Vino putting minutes into Kreuziger, but that is just me :p
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

06 Apr 2012 21:25

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Now what do people think about the captain roles in the Giro?
I am ofc hoping to see Kiserlovski dance up the mountains togheter with Vino putting minutes into Kreuziger, but that is just me :p

Kiserlovski made Pais Vaso an epic day that's for sure. I am sure there's more to come.
I tell ya, it's not the water.
User avatar BillytheKid

06 Apr 2012 21:26

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Now what do people think about the captain roles in the Giro?

I thought Vino's not riding the Giro, did I miss something?
Fetisoff

06 Apr 2012 21:31

Fetisoff wrote:I thought Vino's not riding the Giro, did I miss something?

Last time i checked he was doing Giro/tour double? a while ago, so mybe changing his plans because of lack of form? :confused:

Vino attacks everyone

06 Apr 2012 21:37

BillytheKid wrote:Kiserlovski made Pais Vaso an epic day that's for sure. I am sure there's more to come.

not just today, he just gets stronger by the years, witch is promising, contrary to Kreuziger that have only worsened on tts...

Vino attacks everyone

07 Apr 2012 00:23

I hope Kreuziger/ Brajkovic can go well in their respective GT's. Kreuziger is solid and i think could podium at the Giro. Brajkovic in my view can top 10 at the TDF as the ITT km shall work in his favour.

I like Kessiakoff/ Kiserlovski too for stage race options. Inglinsky will hopefully top 10 at P-R for my CQ team this week.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

07 Apr 2012 00:26

Libertine Seguros wrote:The team looks to me a lot like Movistar last year (before all the terrible things that went wrong); a very strong support squad in search of a leader. No super-fast sprinters

Ventoso beat Petacchi in a sprint at the Giro last year. He just does not get enough team support.

D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

07 Apr 2012 00:29

Ryo Hazuki wrote:kreuziger is another massively overrated rider. they also want nibali, who is also overrated.

How is he overrated:confused: He is solid and not great in all departments ( more an all rounder ) but he works with what he has and wins/ places. Coming 3rd ( 2nd ) in last years Giro shows he is good. Admittedly he did not then win the Vuelta like in 2010 but he has won a GT and is still young enough.

Gerrans/ all the other riders in the CQ rankings must be overrated as well ( since he is coming 2nd ).

D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

07 Apr 2012 02:41

Mark my words Kreuziger will win the Giro next year.
User avatar SHAD0W93

07 Apr 2012 03:55

SHAD0W93 wrote:Mark my words Kreuziger will win the Giro next year.

Based on your signature I'd say I probably don't have to take this prediction too seriously:D Cav didnt win msr and canc didnt win flanders.
Swede1

07 Apr 2012 04:39

Kiserlovski was great today at Pais Vaso, He just didn't have the sprint in him at the end.
User avatar robert_c

07 Apr 2012 10:18

Libertine Seguros wrote:The team looks to me a lot like Movistar last year (before all the terrible things that went wrong); a very strong support squad in search of a leader. No super-fast sprinters, but a couple of guys who can get good placements in trickier stages (Bozic, Gavazzi), some guys who can get decent placements in the classics (Iglinsky, Gasparotto), plus some second-tier contenders for stage races who can win smaller ones but will probably fall in the 5-15 area in GTs (Kreuziger, Kiserlovski, Brajkovic, Kessiakoff), with some strong helpers (Zeits, Tiralongo, Petrov). I am a big fan of Maxim Iglinsky - he is their best classics rider, getting good placings at de Ronde, San Remo and Gent-Wevelgem in his past, but was also Contador's last mountain helper in the '08 Giro, lasting the pace longer than Klöden or Leipheimer. Plus, Bruyneel said in his disputes with the Kazakh team owners over the Tour selections that they wanted Iglinsky in, and he didn't want to pick him because he felt he couldn't trust him.

There are some interesting prospects on the Continental team that could keep them alive for a while, though some like Shushemoin and Tleubayev aren't really all that young anymore (24-25)... Arman Kamyshev looks like a good one for the future though, while the team's only non-Kazakh, the Belarusian Kanstanstin Klimiankou, also could turn out to be pretty useful.

the problem with iglinskiy is that he's great talent and rider, but he's inconsistant and he never wants to work for other riders usually. you can barely depend on him. look how badly he rode again in flanders and msr this year despite incredible strade bianche in which he was the best with cancellara and gatto probably
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

07 Apr 2012 10:22

Gloin22 wrote:Really ? So who isn't overrated then ? I bet many Colombians ;)

Kreuziger and Nibali did great at Tirreno. While I think Kreuziger is bit too much hyped, I don't understand why Nibali. He was immense at Tirreno and will do great at Giro too if he rides. 3rd at MSR for a climber. That's one hell awesome result.

I'll sya here nibali will never ever win another gt. his vuelta win was a fluke and a pathetic one at that. riding velits on 3 minutes after 3 weeks is downright ridiculous to make you win a gt. last years vuelta and giro he was exposed hard. but through luck and great team he stayed on the podium(in giro), remember finestre. same in the giro that basso won. his timetrials and downhil skils are masisvely overrated. he's no where near top itt/gt riders like wiggins, leipheimer, contador, kloden, samu, menchov etc etc his downhils you ask? well show me where he took some masive time on downhils. savoldelli would take up to 3 minutes in some downhils nibali is lucky to get 20 seconds against riders like menchov and other sucky downhillers. in the tour 2009 was he ever dangerous in a downhil against real gt riders with above average downhil skils?? nope

but by all means keep overrating him like everyone does. I had a good time laying him last year for a vuelta win against great odds and will do so again this giro
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

07 Apr 2012 12:29

SHAD0W93 wrote:Mark my words Kreuziger will win the Giro next year.

You will get good odds
movingtarget

07 Apr 2012 12:41

Ryo Hazuki wrote:the problem with iglinskiy is that he's great talent and rider, but he's inconsistant and he never wants to work for other riders usually.

That tends to be a problem for Kazakh riders, Inconsistansy, same goes for Dyachenko. He is great TT talent, and a okay climber, but he is so damn inconsistant. The only consistant rider nowdays seem to be Zeits who is a pure climber.

You bring up good points and have great knowledge, keep it up!
Vinokourov, Kashechkin, Lutsenko, Ricco and Aru fan, and i am proud of it!
User avatar markene2

07 Apr 2012 12:42

Ryo Hazuki wrote:I'll sya here nibali will never ever win another gt. his vuelta win was a fluke and a pathetic one at that. riding velits on 3 minutes after 3 weeks is downright ridiculous to make you win a gt. last years vuelta and giro he was exposed hard. but through luck and great team he stayed on the podium(in giro), remember finestre. same in the giro that basso won. his timetrials and downhil skils are masisvely overrated. he's no where near top itt/gt riders like wiggins, leipheimer, contador, kloden, samu, menchov etc etc his downhils you ask? well show me where he took some masive time on downhils. savoldelli would take up to 3 minutes in some downhils nibali is lucky to get 20 seconds against riders like menchov and other sucky downhillers. in the tour 2009 was he ever dangerous in a downhil against real gt riders with above average downhil skils?? nope

but by all means keep overrating him like everyone does. I had a good time laying him last year for a vuelta win against great odds and will do so again this giro

You may be right about Nibali but then he has won one on the road unlike Schleck who is still looking unlikely to win a TDF for the next few years. I am not sure how Nibali's Vuelta win was a fluke unless you mean Anton was going to win before he crashed out. Nibali still might improve as may Andy but other riders like Rolland could improve too which means it won't get any easier to win grand tours. Not sure how far Kiserlovski and Kreuziger can go.
movingtarget

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing